12 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

WOW. Its 3:00 am in the morning and I just got text from my finance. He finished his interview and was approved. We are so happy with the experience with the US Consulate in Jakarta. They treated my fiance so fantastic. We were the first gay couple to be granted K1 at the Consulate. They expressed their full support of DOMA and the right of all couples to be happy in marriage. They made him feel so comfortable and asked very good questions about our relationship. Of course they ask about how we met and communicate. Questions about me, my job and house. And my finance indicate the interviewer genuinely was happy to see our pictures and mentioned we looked so happy together. He wished us the best of luck and was happy to approve our visa.

By the way our timeline indicate 85 days to interview and approval. We couldn't have done it without the great tools on VJ. We did get some weird advice from some members who didn't understand DOMA but maybe they will get educated. But in terms of process of visa everything was very beneficial. Thanks again everyone.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Congrats..!

31/05/2013 : sent i-129f packet

07/06/2013 : noa1 email notification

10/06/2013 : received hard copy of noa1

19/08/2013 : petition approved

23/08/2013 : received hard copy of noa2

02/10/2013 : nvc case number

07/10/2013 : left nvc

10/10/2013 : received by consulate

21/10/2013 : petitioner received notice from nvc, beneficiary to fill up ds160

22/10/2013 : received packet 3

29/10/2013 : sent packet 3

18/11/2013 : received packet 4

04/12/2013 : interview - approved!

11/12/2013 : visa received

02/11/2014 : POE Chicago

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Duplicate thread removed~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congratulations!!! Im so happy for both of you :)

AOS

7-25-2014 - Sent off the packet I-485 && I-765

7-29-2014 - Recieved NOA's

8-25-2014 - Appointment letter Received (Biometrics) Dated for 8/29/14

8-27-2014 - Early Walk-in SUCCESSFUL!

10-3-2014 - EAD CARD PRODUCTION!!

10-9-2014 - EAD has been Mailed - IN TRANSIT!

10-11-2014 - EAD Received!! :)

WOW. Its 3:00 am in the morning and I just got text from my finance. He finished his interview and was approved. We are so happy with the experience with the US Consulate in Jakarta. They treated my fiance so fantastic. We were the first gay couple to be granted K1 at the Consulate. They expressed their full support of DOMA and the right of all couples to be happy in marriage. They made him feel so comfortable and asked very good questions about our relationship. Of course they ask about how we met and communicate. Questions about me, my job and house. And my finance indicate the interviewer genuinely was happy to see our pictures and mentioned we looked so happy together. He wished us the best of luck and was happy to approve our visa.

By the way our timeline indicate 85 days to interview and approval. We couldn't have done it without the great tools on VJ. We did get some weird advice from some members who didn't understand DOMA but maybe they will get educated. But in terms of process of visa everything was very beneficial. Thanks again everyone.

Good to hear, congrats.

If you don't mind me asking - and this is mainly so we can collate info as yours is one of the first post-DOMA approvals I've seen - did you guys file your paperwork pre-DOMA (and therefore get your case re-opened by USCIS) or post-DOMA? Reason I ask is because you've gotten a full approval in just under 3 months which by all standards is lightning fast. I'm genuinely curious as to whether USCIS are expediting any-and-all same sex petitions or whether this was just really lucky.

(I will also point out for anyone wondering - No, it's not so I or others can scream about how others are getting treated differently. I'm interested to see if USCIS are keeping their promise of getting previously denied same sex cases through the system quickly.)

"What's yours is mine!"

Timeline

Good to hear, congrats.

If you don't mind me asking - and this is mainly so we can collate info as yours is one of the first post-DOMA approvals I've seen - did you guys file your paperwork pre-DOMA (and therefore get your case re-opened by USCIS) or post-DOMA? Reason I ask is because you've gotten a full approval in just under 3 months which by all standards is lightning fast. I'm genuinely curious as to whether USCIS are expediting any-and-all same sex petitions or whether this was just really lucky.

(I will also point out for anyone wondering - No, it's not so I or others can scream about how others are getting treated differently. I'm interested to see if USCIS are keeping their promise of getting previously denied same sex cases through the system quickly.)

No problem asking.... Post DOMA. We were very excited about the decision. Streamed SCOTUS.blog day of DOMA decision and got instant analysis from the bevy of scholars and lawyers who use the blog. But it took us about two weeks after decision to file.

I don't think there is any difference in the treatment of cases. I just think TSC is faster now. I'm talking to lady in Houston whose fiance is also using Jakarta embassy and her NOA1 - NOA2 interval was 43 days at TSC. Mine was 55 days. Originally our case went to EAC and then transferred to TSC in Mesquite Texas about 10 miles from my house. They said it was balancing work load. So maybe they are moving faster now. Or maybe they just like Texas applicants! LOL.

Jakarta consulate also has good record of processing cases. I tracked via DHL the package containing our case to embassy and it arrived on Thursday and got email on Tuesday for confirmation of email address of my fiance to send Packet 3. I think he got it that day or next and since we had prepared responses returned it the next day and on following day had Packet 4.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Congratulations ! Whatcha cooking, to celebrate ?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Congratulations ! Whatcha cooking, to celebrate

Thanks. Well we are going to vacation in Bali in November. Hope to have fun on the beach! HEHE..

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hello, I dont know if this thread is still open, but I wanted to check something. I as the petitioner, asked for a lawyer to do the paperwork. Now it looks easier than it actually was (AND we still got an RFE...simple one). We forgot to say a simple statement of intent as to where we would get married.

Will it hurt the interview process at the Embassy? I know that they do not like lawyers? I didnt have the time to collate all the visits, and voluminous information that the I-129f requires. (The USCIS instructions are rather misleading).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.