103 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Just filed my 2 I-130 petitions at the Embassy today. Here's my experience.

I set the appointment for 8:20 a.m. We woke up at 3:30 to get ready and were on the bus by 4:10 headed to Manila. At 6:10 we reached Manila and took a taxi to the Starbucks just above the Embassy on UN road.We had coffee and stayed till 7:30 and then walked to the Embassy.

I made sure to specify 3 persons on the appointment and printed out 3 copies for us. We had no trouble getting in and my family used the American citizens services door to enter and go to 2nd floor, window 25.

I was the second person called when they lady opened the window shortly before 8. This is how it went.

We said our good mornings and then proceeded with paperwork.

• She asked me for my petition and G-325a Biographical data sheet. I handed her both sets and she immediately thought they were copies. I had to tell her that one was for my stepson.
  • Next, she asked for my wife's and I marriage certificate, and then asked if this was both of our's first marriage (yes).
    • You will also need a marriage certificate for the childs petition (stepson in my case). I wasn't aware of this, but luckily I had an extra copy.
  • Next she asked for passport photos. I handed her a 2x2 photo with names written on the back of them for ME, WIFE and STEPSON. SHE DID NOT NEED A 2x2 PHOTO FOR THE STEPSON.

• Next she asked for photos of us together. I handed her 31 photos, each one had names/places/event/date written on the back, and she went through and picked out 8 photos.
  • Next, she asked for my birth certificate and I told "I do not have that..the instructions said BC or photocopy of passport". I made sure to photocopy every page like instructed and the lady took out the pages with no stamps.
  • Finally, she asked for proof of residency. This was the thing I was most nervous about. she made sure I was here for 6 months and reminded me that my visa extension was expiring soon. The items she took for the petition that counted as proof were 1. Notarized lease contract 2. community tax certificate 3. Globe bill 4. BDO bank account.
    • She also needed a copy of those items for the stepsons petition. I did not have copies so we had to go outside where the applicants wait and make photocopies for 10php a page.
  • She also gave me 2 forms to fill out allowing them to release information on the applicants, if needed. I filled them out when making copies. Just name, phone number, email address, physical address, date and sign.
  • She looked through everything and said it looked good. Instructed me to go pay the cashier (after giving me 2 sheets of paper stating what I was paying for). and to come back.
    • I payed the cashier and returned to the window. She gave me a receipt and a sheet of paper with contact info and told me it takes approximately 2-3 months to process..

You will not get a number during this process..they call your name so make sure to be aware. I was in and out of the embassy in about ~20 minutes.

Also, the USCIS Manila sends you a pdf for proof of residency and asks you to lists living relatives and foreign countries you've been to. They did not want this even though i filled it out. I asked several times.

Good luck to anyone going through this process...

Good luck!:) yes, filing was super fast it was less than an hour when i filed the I130 for my husband.. Ahhhim hoping for the approval soon, people that were approved for less than a month are supeeeer lucky!

May Godbless our visa journey :)

bullet_blue.pngDCF Filing:

Dec. 08 - MET MY HUSBAND TO BE luv.gif

Jan. 18, 2009 - Love. heart.gif

July 10, 2013 -" I DO"rose.gifheart.gifluv.gif

July 15, 2013 - Filed I-130 petition for husband. (DCF)

July 17, 2013 - Received a call from USCIS for RFE.

July 19, 2013 - Sent additional evidence via air21.

* Basically called atleast 2x a week for the month of July/August to check the status of my husband's petition

9-10-13 - ( 2nd month wedding monthsarry ) Recieved an email stating petition APPROVED on 09SEP13!!!!dancin5hr.gif

9-13-13 - Called IV Manila & lady was super nice, checked husband's petition, was told to call back Monday for case#.!

9-17-13 - Got the MNL case number!!! completed the DS-260 form& sent an email.dancin5hr.gif

9-30-13 - Medical: Day 1

10-1-13 - Medical : Day 2 Husband PASSED!!!

10-22-13 - INTERVIEW!!! APPROVED& CEAC STATUS :ISSUED!!!!! WOHOOO!! GOD IS GREAT!! THANK U PAPA GOD!

10-26-13 - VISA ON HAND!!!!! HORAAAY!!! THANK YOU PAPA GOD!!!

1-14-14 - POE LAX

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Yes, let's keep in touch. i'm curious to see how long it takes you to get an approval. Right now with the closings we're delayed a week, but I was hoping for a quick reply. I had read people getting approved from 3 days to 2 weeks, and even a rare occurrence of some getting approval in a day. This was of course, over the time frame since February. All I could gather is approval times are quicker during the summer - so I hope we didn't miss the opportunity.

USCIS emails only say "minimum of 3 months" so I don't think contacting them is of big help as I've read of a case where someone kept calling them and they kept saying processing..when in actuality they had gotten approved a month earlier. So...who knows.

Timeline

Just called USCIS this morning (10am) and the lady picked up and she asked me when I filed the petition. I told her Aug 14 and she responded "Oh, this month". She then said wait a moment and came back and said "This was for wife and step-child?", I said "That's right." and she said "the petitions were approved yesterday afternoon."

She then told me about the forms in the mail and how it was sent downstairs and could take a week.

So that is 4 total working days for approval. Yay!! Not too bad considering all the closings recently...Just have to wait for a case number, but I'll be calling like crazy for that. :D

We just filed the I-130 last Aug 30 and I received a call from the US Embassy. Unfortunately we understood the address that they were asking. It should be a Philippine address not the US address. But Im glad he could still process the paper, I just have to go there tomorrow to make necessary changes.

Hope this goes well as my husband just left for the states to handle everything over there.

Good luck to us!

02/13/10- Met in a common friend's Valentine's partyheart.gif

05/2010-Started dating

07/13/10- OFFICIALLY BF/GFwub.png

12/16/12- became ENGANGED rose.gif

7/21/13- "PAMAMANHIKAN" family and relatives planning the wedding with US.

08/08/13- WEDDING DAYheart.gifheart.gifheart.gif

08/30/13- Filed I-130

09/06/13-went back to US Embassy to correct the declared address

9/12/13-CASE APPROVED ( but didnt know until I called USCIS Dept. last 09/17/13 then called IV Manila for the case number but was advised to callback next week)

9/17/13-got our case number (could not complete DS-260 and set an interview date because I am still awaiting for my new Passport)

9/30/13- new passport issued

10/01/13- scheduled an interview

10/09/13-10/10/13- medical exam-PASSED!! hooooray

10/30/13- INTERVIEW(moved to Oct 23,2013)

10/23/2013- INTERVIEW!!! APPROVED AND CHANGED STATUS FROM READY TO ISSUED? WOO HOOOOOOO!dancin5hr.gif dancin5hr.gif jest.gif

10/XX/2013-VISA PACKET AVAILABLE AT 2GO MOA

10/XX/2013-VISA ON-HAND

We just filed the I-130 last Aug 30 and I received a call from the US Embassy. Unfortunately we understood the address that they were asking. It should be a Philippine address not the US address. But Im glad he could still process the paper, I just have to go there tomorrow to make necessary changes.

Hope this goes well as my husband just left for the states to handle everything over there.

Good luck to us!

Hi there,

Please keep in touch if ever you got an approval..

I also did DCF Manila. Last July, and still waiting for approval :(

Hopefully, they start really looking into the petition...*sigh*

Waiting is inevitable....

* Basically called atleast 2x a week for the month of July/August to check the status of my husband's petition

9-10-13 - ( 2nd month wedding monthsarry ) Recieved an email stating petition APPROVED on 09SEP13!!!!dancin5hr.gif

9-13-13 - Called IV Manila & lady was super nice, checked husband's petition, was told to call back Monday for case#.!

9-17-13 - Got the MNL case number!!! completed the DS-260 form& sent an email.dancin5hr.gif

10-22-13 - INTERVIEW!!! APPROVED& CEAC STATUS :ISSUED!!!!! WOHOOO!! GOD IS GREAT!! THANK U PAPA GOD!

1-14-14 - POE LAX

Hi there,

I'll be filing my I - 130 in a few weeks. I am starting to fill out the forms. I have 2 questions I would so appreciate an answer to.

On the G-325 I am to complete:

- In the section 'Applicant's residence last five years. List present address first" did you insert your address back home in the USA or did you insert your current address in the Philippines?

-At the very bottom of the form is "This form is submitted in connection with an application for:" What is the correct box? Naturalization?

Thanks for your help and your updates.Keeps us all going strong!

Just filed my 2 I-130 petitions at the Embassy today. Here's my experience.

I set the appointment for 8:20 a.m. We woke up at 3:30 to get ready and were on the bus by 4:10 headed to Manila. At 6:10 we reached Manila and took a taxi to the Starbucks just above the Embassy on UN road.We had coffee and stayed till 7:30 and then walked to the Embassy.

I made sure to specify 3 persons on the appointment and printed out 3 copies for us. We had no trouble getting in and my family used the American citizens services door to enter and go to 2nd floor, window 25.

I was the second person called when they lady opened the window shortly before 8. This is how it went.

We said our good mornings and then proceeded with paperwork.

• She asked me for my petition and G-325a Biographical data sheet. I handed her both sets and she immediately thought they were copies. I had to tell her that one was for my stepson.
  • Next, she asked for my wife's and I marriage certificate, and then asked if this was both of our's first marriage (yes).
    • You will also need a marriage certificate for the childs petition (stepson in my case). I wasn't aware of this, but luckily I had an extra copy.
  • Next she asked for passport photos. I handed her a 2x2 photo with names written on the back of them for ME, WIFE and STEPSON. SHE DID NOT NEED A 2x2 PHOTO FOR THE STEPSON.

• Next she asked for photos of us together. I handed her 31 photos, each one had names/places/event/date written on the back, and she went through and picked out 8 photos.
  • Next, she asked for my birth certificate and I told "I do not have that..the instructions said BC or photocopy of passport". I made sure to photocopy every page like instructed and the lady took out the pages with no stamps.
  • Finally, she asked for proof of residency. This was the thing I was most nervous about. she made sure I was here for 6 months and reminded me that my visa extension was expiring soon. The items she took for the petition that counted as proof were 1. Notarized lease contract 2. community tax certificate 3. Globe bill 4. BDO bank account.
    • She also needed a copy of those items for the stepsons petition. I did not have copies so we had to go outside where the applicants wait and make photocopies for 10php a page.
  • She also gave me 2 forms to fill out allowing them to release information on the applicants, if needed. I filled them out when making copies. Just name, phone number, email address, physical address, date and sign.
  • She looked through everything and said it looked good. Instructed me to go pay the cashier (after giving me 2 sheets of paper stating what I was paying for). and to come back.
    • I payed the cashier and returned to the window. She gave me a receipt and a sheet of paper with contact info and told me it takes approximately 2-3 months to process..

You will not get a number during this process..they call your name so make sure to be aware. I was in and out of the embassy in about ~20 minutes.

Also, the USCIS Manila sends you a pdf for proof of residency and asks you to lists living relatives and foreign countries you've been to. They did not want this even though i filled it out. I asked several times.

Good luck to anyone going through this process...

Hi there,

I'll be filing my I - 130 in a few weeks. I am starting to fill out the forms. I have 2 questions I would so appreciate an answer to.

On the G-325 I am to complete:

- In the section 'Applicant's residence last five years. List present address first" did you insert your address back home in the USA or did you insert your current address in the Philippines?

-At the very bottom of the form is "This form is submitted in connection with an application for:" What is the correct box? Naturalization?

Thanks for your help and your updates.Keeps us all going strong!

Edited by Mr&MrsSantos

02/13/10- Met in a common friend's Valentine's partyheart.gif

05/2010-Started dating

07/13/10- OFFICIALLY BF/GFwub.png

12/16/12- became ENGANGED rose.gif

7/21/13- "PAMAMANHIKAN" family and relatives planning the wedding with US.

08/08/13- WEDDING DAYheart.gifheart.gifheart.gif

08/30/13- Filed I-130

09/06/13-went back to US Embassy to correct the declared address

9/12/13-CASE APPROVED ( but didnt know until I called USCIS Dept. last 09/17/13 then called IV Manila for the case number but was advised to callback next week)

9/17/13-got our case number (could not complete DS-260 and set an interview date because I am still awaiting for my new Passport)

9/30/13- new passport issued

10/01/13- scheduled an interview

10/09/13-10/10/13- medical exam-PASSED!! hooooray

10/30/13- INTERVIEW(moved to Oct 23,2013)

10/23/2013- INTERVIEW!!! APPROVED AND CHANGED STATUS FROM READY TO ISSUED? WOO HOOOOOOO!dancin5hr.gif dancin5hr.gif jest.gif

10/XX/2013-VISA PACKET AVAILABLE AT 2GO MOA

10/XX/2013-VISA ON-HAND

Timeline

Called today and I could tell they didn't have a case number yet, but the lady was very helpful. She asked me if USCIS approved the petition and when and then she put me on hold. I think she went to operations, or whatever they call it and retrieved the petition. She then told me to await the packet and then I asked about the DS-260 and DS-261. She then told me to call back tomorrow to get my case number.

I can't recall her exact words when she was explaining some things as my wife had her cousins come over when we were on the phone. It's comforting to know I should have my case number tomorrow.

Horray!! Now will that be the 2nd celebration at Shakey's? hehe jk... Really hope our approval comes soon!!! 6 more days til its 2 mos of waiting cray5ol.gifBut im not losing hope.. God is good. Praying and hoping for approval this week.

1-14-14 - POE LAX

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.