103 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Called back today like the lady told me at extension 5185 and she had to go check on the petition. It had not been given a case number yet so she told me I could either stay on waiting or call back in an hour. I asked her what was best for her and ended calling back in an hour.

Good news... We both got our case numbers today!!

I have to say the lady was very helpful. Above and beyond. She remembered our names and petitions and made the effort to get or petitions and get a case number assigned to them.. Thank you!!

Congrats again jason!:) Sooo happy to recieve the NOA1 today via email.. That lady for sure did not check when i called USCIS. i'll call IV section tom and use the same extension, hoping for the lady to answer the call who helped u :) horraaay for this day!

God is Good.

bullet_blue.pngDCF Filing:

Dec. 08 - MET MY HUSBAND TO BE luv.gif

Jan. 18, 2009 - Love. heart.gif

July 10, 2013 -" I DO"rose.gifheart.gifluv.gif

July 15, 2013 - Filed I-130 petition for husband. (DCF)

July 17, 2013 - Received a call from USCIS for RFE.

July 19, 2013 - Sent additional evidence via air21.

* Basically called atleast 2x a week for the month of July/August to check the status of my husband's petition

9-10-13 - ( 2nd month wedding monthsarry ) Recieved an email stating petition APPROVED on 09SEP13!!!!dancin5hr.gif

9-13-13 - Called IV Manila & lady was super nice, checked husband's petition, was told to call back Monday for case#.!

9-17-13 - Got the MNL case number!!! completed the DS-260 form& sent an email.dancin5hr.gif

9-30-13 - Medical: Day 1

10-1-13 - Medical : Day 2 Husband PASSED!!!

10-22-13 - INTERVIEW!!! APPROVED& CEAC STATUS :ISSUED!!!!! WOHOOO!! GOD IS GREAT!! THANK U PAPA GOD!

10-26-13 - VISA ON HAND!!!!! HORAAAY!!! THANK YOU PAPA GOD!!!

1-14-14 - POE LAX

Called back today like the lady told me at extension 5185 and she had to go check on the petition. It had not been given a case number yet so she told me I could either stay on waiting or call back in an hour. I asked her what was best for her and ended calling back in an hour.

Good news... We both got our case numbers today!!

I have to say the lady was very helpful. Above and beyond. She remembered our names and petitions and made the effort to get or petitions and get a case number assigned to them.. Thank you!!

CONGRATS! I called yesterday, too, around 1:30pm and spoke with a very helpful lady who gave me my husband's case number and infos on the DS forms. Were you told to electronically fill out and submit form DS-260 instead of DS-230? It's also on the Manila US Embassy website under immigrant visas that starting September 1, 2013 form DS-260 is replacing form DS-230. We submitted form DS-260 last night along with an email to IV section so we'll just wait a few days to call and check if it's updated in their system :)

Edited by Joey&Cess

Timeline

Don't wait for an email! Actually, I don't think you even need to email them. After we submitted our Ds-260 online we went to

http://cdn.ustraveldocs.com/ph/index.html?firstTime=No

and scheduled our appointment ourselves. The email they send back say to do exactly what we did.

Just filed my 2 I-130 petitions at the Embassy today. Here's my experience.

I set the appointment for 8:20 a.m. We woke up at 3:30 to get ready and were on the bus by 4:10 headed to Manila. At 6:10 we reached Manila and took a taxi to the Starbucks just above the Embassy on UN road.We had coffee and stayed till 7:30 and then walked to the Embassy.

I made sure to specify 3 persons on the appointment and printed out 3 copies for us. We had no trouble getting in and my family used the American citizens services door to enter and go to 2nd floor, window 25.

I was the second person called when they lady opened the window shortly before 8. This is how it went.

We said our good mornings and then proceeded with paperwork.

• She asked me for my petition and G-325a Biographical data sheet. I handed her both sets and she immediately thought they were copies. I had to tell her that one was for my stepson.
  • Next, she asked for my wife's and I marriage certificate, and then asked if this was both of our's first marriage (yes).
    • You will also need a marriage certificate for the childs petition (stepson in my case). I wasn't aware of this, but luckily I had an extra copy.
  • Next she asked for passport photos. I handed her a 2x2 photo with names written on the back of them for ME, WIFE and STEPSON. SHE DID NOT NEED A 2x2 PHOTO FOR THE STEPSON.

• Next she asked for photos of us together. I handed her 31 photos, each one had names/places/event/date written on the back, and she went through and picked out 8 photos.
  • Next, she asked for my birth certificate and I told "I do not have that..the instructions said BC or photocopy of passport". I made sure to photocopy every page like instructed and the lady took out the pages with no stamps.
  • Finally, she asked for proof of residency. This was the thing I was most nervous about. she made sure I was here for 6 months and reminded me that my visa extension was expiring soon. The items she took for the petition that counted as proof were 1. Notarized lease contract 2. community tax certificate 3. Globe bill 4. BDO bank account.
    • She also needed a copy of those items for the stepsons petition. I did not have copies so we had to go outside where the applicants wait and make photocopies for 10php a page.
  • She also gave me 2 forms to fill out allowing them to release information on the applicants, if needed. I filled them out when making copies. Just name, phone number, email address, physical address, date and sign.
  • She looked through everything and said it looked good. Instructed me to go pay the cashier (after giving me 2 sheets of paper stating what I was paying for). and to come back.
    • I payed the cashier and returned to the window. She gave me a receipt and a sheet of paper with contact info and told me it takes approximately 2-3 months to process..

You will not get a number during this process..they call your name so make sure to be aware. I was in and out of the embassy in about ~20 minutes.

Also, the USCIS Manila sends you a pdf for proof of residency and asks you to lists living relatives and foreign countries you've been to. They did not want this even though i filled it out. I asked several times.

Good luck to anyone going through this process...

I will be doing the exact filing you did, for my wife and her daughter next month so will be following your post

DCF Manila

December 12, 2009 Married Lapu-Lapu, Philippines

October 2, 2013 Submitted I-130's

October 8, 2013 I-130's Approved

October 16, 2013 MNL Case Number's Issued

October 30, 2013 NBI Clearance

October 31, 2013 DS-260's Submitted On- Line

October 31, 2013 Cemar CRS Form No. 5

November 23, 2013 Received Packet #3 From US Embassy Manila

January 8-10 2014 Medical Exam's Passed

February 11, 2014 IR-1/IR-2 Visa's Approved

February 17, 2014 Passport's/Visa's in Transit from Post

February 19, 2014 Passport's/Visa's Arrive Via 2Go

February 28, 2014 CFO Completed

June 2, 2014 POE & Immigration at Guam

Just filed my 2 I-130 petitions at the Embassy today. Here's my experience.

I set the appointment for 8:20 a.m. We woke up at 3:30 to get ready and were on the bus by 4:10 headed to Manila. At 6:10 we reached Manila and took a taxi to the Starbucks just above the Embassy on UN road.We had coffee and stayed till 7:30 and then walked to the Embassy.

I made sure to specify 3 persons on the appointment and printed out 3 copies for us. We had no trouble getting in and my family used the American citizens services door to enter and go to 2nd floor, window 25.

I was the second person called when they lady opened the window shortly before 8. This is how it went.

We said our good mornings and then proceeded with paperwork.

• She asked me for my petition and G-325a Biographical data sheet. I handed her both sets and she immediately thought they were copies. I had to tell her that one was for my stepson.
  • Next, she asked for my wife's and I marriage certificate, and then asked if this was both of our's first marriage (yes).
    • You will also need a marriage certificate for the childs petition (stepson in my case). I wasn't aware of this, but luckily I had an extra copy.
  • Next she asked for passport photos. I handed her a 2x2 photo with names written on the back of them for ME, WIFE and STEPSON. SHE DID NOT NEED A 2x2 PHOTO FOR THE STEPSON.

• Next she asked for photos of us together. I handed her 31 photos, each one had names/places/event/date written on the back, and she went through and picked out 8 photos.
  • Next, she asked for my birth certificate and I told "I do not have that..the instructions said BC or photocopy of passport". I made sure to photocopy every page like instructed and the lady took out the pages with no stamps.
  • Finally, she asked for proof of residency. This was the thing I was most nervous about. she made sure I was here for 6 months and reminded me that my visa extension was expiring soon. The items she took for the petition that counted as proof were 1. Notarized lease contract 2. community tax certificate 3. Globe bill 4. BDO bank account.
    • She also needed a copy of those items for the stepsons petition. I did not have copies so we had to go outside where the applicants wait and make photocopies for 10php a page.
  • She also gave me 2 forms to fill out allowing them to release information on the applicants, if needed. I filled them out when making copies. Just name, phone number, email address, physical address, date and sign.
  • She looked through everything and said it looked good. Instructed me to go pay the cashier (after giving me 2 sheets of paper stating what I was paying for). and to come back.
    • I payed the cashier and returned to the window. She gave me a receipt and a sheet of paper with contact info and told me it takes approximately 2-3 months to process..

You will not get a number during this process..they call your name so make sure to be aware. I was in and out of the embassy in about ~20 minutes.

Also, the USCIS Manila sends you a pdf for proof of residency and asks you to lists living relatives and foreign countries you've been to. They did not want this even though i filled it out. I asked several times.

Good luck to anyone going through this process...

Congratulations on receiving your case number so quickly! Kudos to both of you.

I just re-read your post. You mentioned all 3 of you filed the I 130. Do you think this makes a difference or can the U.S. citizen attend the appointment only?

Thanks

Timeline

I was the only one who actually went tot he window to file the paperwork. My wife was a little shy and she instead stayed back in the seating area and watched the kid. Only you applying is fine..just make sure you have all your paperwork.

Just a heads up, some consulates require both parties present. They did for us.

9/17/2011-----Married
2/17/2012-----Found out we were pregnant
10/17/2012---Baby boy was born
2/17/2013-----Submitted documents for Baby's American citizenship
3/07/2013---- Baby got his American Citizenship!
3/22/2013-----Baby got his American Passport!
4/25/2013-----Baby got his social security number in the mail
8/26/2013---- Applied for USC's Dominican residency visa
8/29/2013-----Picked up DR residency visa
9/5/2013-------Deposit I-130 locally

10/02/2013----Found out our I-130 was approved on 9/18/2013

10/03/2013----Received case number (SDO number) via emai
10/16/2013--- Got our cita for Januray!
10/17/2013- ---Baby turns 1 year.
11/06/2013---- Received hardcopy of NOA2 with further instructions
12/06/2013- ---Hubby goes for Medical
12/09/2013---- Found out we are pregnant with baby number 2!!
12/17/2013-----Found out hubby can't be issued 'buena conducta' (good conduct police report) due to a traffic accident
01/03/2014- ---CITA! ***APPROVED*** Must send in Buena conducta through DOMEX before they will put the visa in his passport
02/03/2014----Turned in police report through Domex in Santo Domingo
~~~Currently under AP, waiting for the call to come pick up his passport in Santo Domingo~~~

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Me and my Husband Just Got Married And Seeing how fast you got it processed while staying here

Makes me think of getting it done here like you have done.

Thank you for this one really helpful since i also have a son..

the petitioner can just go and file the petition, they dont require it for both couples to file the petition, just the petitioner himself/herself. i filed the petition without my husband with me since he had to take care of our son back home,. but i think you can come along when you file, just not too sure if you can go inside the embassy as well.

Good luck! :)

bullet_blue.pngDCF Filing:

Dec. 08 - MET MY HUSBAND TO BE luv.gif

Jan. 18, 2009 - Love. heart.gif

July 10, 2013 -" I DO"rose.gifheart.gifluv.gif

July 15, 2013 - Filed I-130 petition for husband. (DCF)

July 17, 2013 - Received a call from USCIS for RFE.

July 19, 2013 - Sent additional evidence via air21.

* Basically called atleast 2x a week for the month of July/August to check the status of my husband's petition

9-10-13 - ( 2nd month wedding monthsarry ) Recieved an email stating petition APPROVED on 09SEP13!!!!dancin5hr.gif

9-13-13 - Called IV Manila & lady was super nice, checked husband's petition, was told to call back Monday for case#.!

9-17-13 - Got the MNL case number!!! completed the DS-260 form& sent an email.dancin5hr.gif

9-30-13 - Medical: Day 1

10-1-13 - Medical : Day 2 Husband PASSED!!!

10-22-13 - INTERVIEW!!! APPROVED& CEAC STATUS :ISSUED!!!!! WOHOOO!! GOD IS GREAT!! THANK U PAPA GOD!

10-26-13 - VISA ON HAND!!!!! HORAAAY!!! THANK YOU PAPA GOD!!!

1-14-14 - POE LAX

Timeline

Correct..Only the American citizen has to go. They are really only looking for the correct paperwork and payment.

You can take the family in, too. I took both my wife and stepson to the US Embassy. when you schedule on InoPass just make sure to say how many people are going. The guard had no problems with all of us being there. They even went in the American citizen entrance.

We just filed DCF in US Embassy-Manila today. :) Hope to hear good news soon.

I-130/IR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in Manila, Philippines:

March 19, 2013 - Married in Philippines
September 18, 2013 - I-130 filed

September 24, 2013 - RFE (Divorce Decree)

September 27, 2013 - APPROVED

October 7, 2013 - Manila Case Number Issued

October 7, 2013 - Completed online DS-260

October 7, 2013 - Scheduled Interview (November 7, 2013 since I am still outside PHL) and Pre-registered Medical

October 31, 2013 - First Day of Medical

November 4, 2013 - Second Day of Medical (No vaccinations since I am preggo) PASSED!

November 7, 2013 - Interview VISA APPROVED!

November 7, 2013 - Checked visa status in CEAC: ISSUED!

November 14, 2013 - VISA ON HAND :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.