103 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Yes, on the CEAC site your invoice number is your date of birth. As a DCF filer you do not pay your Visa/BPI fee until the interview. We interviewed this September and that is what we did.

When you get to your interview just tell the first time you go to the window that you direct filed..They will hand you a small piece of paper (like you got when you had to pay for filing your petition) and you will pay the $230 visa fee.

Got everything done :) One last question, how to reschedule the interview date? :) Thanks alot Buddy, you're a great big help with our petition

I-130/IR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in Manila, Philippines:

March 19, 2013 - Married in Philippines
September 18, 2013 - I-130 filed

September 24, 2013 - RFE (Divorce Decree)

September 27, 2013 - APPROVED

October 7, 2013 - Manila Case Number Issued

October 7, 2013 - Completed online DS-260

October 7, 2013 - Scheduled Interview (November 7, 2013 since I am still outside PHL) and Pre-registered Medical

October 31, 2013 - First Day of Medical

November 4, 2013 - Second Day of Medical (No vaccinations since I am preggo) PASSED!

November 7, 2013 - Interview VISA APPROVED!

November 7, 2013 - Checked visa status in CEAC: ISSUED!

November 14, 2013 - VISA ON HAND :)

I cancelled the appointment but the available dates for November and December are not showing.

I-130/IR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in Manila, Philippines:

March 19, 2013 - Married in Philippines
September 18, 2013 - I-130 filed

September 24, 2013 - RFE (Divorce Decree)

September 27, 2013 - APPROVED

October 7, 2013 - Manila Case Number Issued

October 7, 2013 - Completed online DS-260

October 7, 2013 - Scheduled Interview (November 7, 2013 since I am still outside PHL) and Pre-registered Medical

October 31, 2013 - First Day of Medical

November 4, 2013 - Second Day of Medical (No vaccinations since I am preggo) PASSED!

November 7, 2013 - Interview VISA APPROVED!

November 7, 2013 - Checked visa status in CEAC: ISSUED!

November 14, 2013 - VISA ON HAND :)

Approved!!!!!

I will share my story later this week!!! (We are still so tired from all the late nights getting ready...)

Thank you everyone!!!!

Good luck to everyone here!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Wow, that was fast! Please do share your interview experience when you get a chance :) My husband will have his next week! Thank you! God bless!

Yaaay!!!! CONGRATSS!! :) I messaged you too, was hoping that you guys got approved! AND YAY YOU GUYS DID!

Please please do share your interview experience a few of us here are having their interviews next week and the following weeks :)

Thanks! & Godbless!!! :)

Approved!!!!!

I will share my story later this week!!! (We are still so tired from all the late nights getting ready...)

Thank you everyone!!!!

Good luck to everyone here!!

bullet_blue.pngDCF Filing:

Dec. 08 - MET MY HUSBAND TO BE luv.gif

Jan. 18, 2009 - Love. heart.gif

July 10, 2013 -" I DO"rose.gifheart.gifluv.gif

July 15, 2013 - Filed I-130 petition for husband. (DCF)

July 17, 2013 - Received a call from USCIS for RFE.

July 19, 2013 - Sent additional evidence via air21.

* Basically called atleast 2x a week for the month of July/August to check the status of my husband's petition

9-10-13 - ( 2nd month wedding monthsarry ) Recieved an email stating petition APPROVED on 09SEP13!!!!dancin5hr.gif

9-13-13 - Called IV Manila & lady was super nice, checked husband's petition, was told to call back Monday for case#.!

9-17-13 - Got the MNL case number!!! completed the DS-260 form& sent an email.dancin5hr.gif

9-30-13 - Medical: Day 1

10-1-13 - Medical : Day 2 Husband PASSED!!!

10-22-13 - INTERVIEW!!! APPROVED& CEAC STATUS :ISSUED!!!!! WOHOOO!! GOD IS GREAT!! THANK U PAPA GOD!

10-26-13 - VISA ON HAND!!!!! HORAAAY!!! THANK YOU PAPA GOD!!!

1-14-14 - POE LAX

OK!!!!! I'm caught up on sleep, husband got sick, etc... but we're good now, so I can share...

So, left the house at 5:30, got to the embassy at exactly 6am, walked in, got our number at the window. you show your appointment email thing, and you get a number.

then.. wait, for over an hour, the paper says "numbers are not called in strict numerical order", and like jace5869 said, i started to wonder why... maybe it's a DCF thing??? Other couples and just other people applying on their own, were in and out, moving to the next window, etc... much quicker... and i really just think its because we are DCF and not too many people do that.

So, after over an hour, we get called to a window, its an american guy and all he asks is for my husband's name, dob, etc and they take finger prints. after struggling with the finger prints, (lol) we sit and wait for nearly 30 mins again. (this guy was not scary or strict, he was friendly)

we are called to a new window, and a filipina woman and filipino man ask his name, dob, my name, when/where we mat, when/where we got married, etc.. does he have kids, parents names, have you applied for a visa before.. have you left the country before... etc... she asked for his passport, nbi clearance, marriage cert, birth cert, cenomar, etc...AOS too..they asked if we were aware we needed to pay $230 for the IV fee, I said yes, she gave us a slip, told us to pay upstairs then give the paper back. I paid in pesos (it was 10,100+), then gave them the receipt and then we sat down again. (the woman wasn't too friendly, but the guy was nice)

after another 15-20 mins, we were in front of an american woman now at a new window. she asked similar questions, when/where/how we met, asked about our marriage, etc..we were very casual.. . she asked why my aunt signed my AOS and not my mom, etc... i had all my answers ready and she asked what my plans are when i get there, i told her im gonna take some classes so i can get the necessary certifications to teach in washington. she said it all looks good and we sat down again. (like jace5869, i was not asked for any proof that i will establish/re-establish domicile. I spent a long time preparing all that... but better safe than sorry)

we sat down again, and were called to the windows at the end, (72? or 73?) and he said we were missing one set of finger prints, so we got sent back to the american woman, she apologized, we did the finger prints on his left hand, (as the signature for the online form, DS260) then waited to get called back to the last window, the guy told us we could wait in the mail.. we chose to have it sent to the house, so we just need to wait a while..)

We were out of there by 10.

I dont think im forgetting anything..

What I can say, is that I noticed that some people got questioned really aggressively. and the questions were really in depth, (When did your mom arrive in the us, what does she do, how much does she make, etc...) i wasn't asked anything intense.. and they were very nice. all the stories people say about "she was strict, not smiling, so scary.." didn't happen to us.

Good luck to everyone applying in the next couple weeks!!! I've gotten and sent messages and wish you all the best! It really isn't hard or stressful. You don't have anything to hide, or worry about, etc... So relax and enjoy this milestone of a day!!!!!

OK!!!!! I'm caught up on sleep, husband got sick, etc... but we're good now, so I can share...

So, left the house at 5:30, got to the embassy at exactly 6am, walked in, got our number at the window. you show your appointment email thing, and you get a number.

then.. wait, for over an hour, the paper says "numbers are not called in strict numerical order", and like jace5869 said, i started to wonder why... maybe it's a DCF thing??? Other couples and just other people applying on their own, were in and out, moving to the next window, etc... much quicker... and i really just think its because we are DCF and not too many people do that.

So, after over an hour, we get called to a window, its an american guy and all he asks is for my husband's name, dob, etc and they take finger prints. after struggling with the finger prints, (lol) we sit and wait for nearly 30 mins again. (this guy was not scary or strict, he was friendly)

we are called to a new window, and a filipina woman and filipino man ask his name, dob, my name, when/where we mat, when/where we got married, etc.. does he have kids, parents names, have you applied for a visa before.. have you left the country before... etc... she asked for his passport, nbi clearance, marriage cert, birth cert, cenomar, etc...AOS too..they asked if we were aware we needed to pay $230 for the IV fee, I said yes, she gave us a slip, told us to pay upstairs then give the paper back. I paid in pesos (it was 10,100+), then gave them the receipt and then we sat down again. (the woman wasn't too friendly, but the guy was nice)

after another 15-20 mins, we were in front of an american woman now at a new window. she asked similar questions, when/where/how we met, asked about our marriage, etc..we were very casual.. . she asked why my aunt signed my AOS and not my mom, etc... i had all my answers ready and she asked what my plans are when i get there, i told her im gonna take some classes so i can get the necessary certifications to teach in washington. she said it all looks good and we sat down again. (like jace5869, i was not asked for any proof that i will establish/re-establish domicile. I spent a long time preparing all that... but better safe than sorry)

we sat down again, and were called to the windows at the end, (72? or 73?) and he said we were missing one set of finger prints, so we got sent back to the american woman, she apologized, we did the finger prints on his left hand, (as the signature for the online form, DS260) then waited to get called back to the last window, the guy told us we could wait in the mail.. we chose to have it sent to the house, so we just need to wait a while..)

What I can say, is that I noticed that some people got questioned really aggressively. and the questions were really in depth, (When did your mom arrive in the us, what does she do, how much does she make, etc...) i wasn't asked anything intense.. and they were very nice. all the stories people say about "she was strict, not smiling, so scary.." didn't happen to us.

Good luck to everyone applying in the next couple weeks!!! I've gotten and sent messages and wish you all the best! It really isn't hard or stressful. You don't have anything to hide, or worry about, etc... So relax and enjoy this milestone of a day!!!!!

Congrats again! What is AOS? Salamat

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Congratulations!!

We've been recovering from jet lag. It has been something fierce dealing with it and unpacking. Our POE was Atlanta and it took a good bit of time to get through because everyone went to lunch. It wasn't really difficult though.

Now we're enjoying the new life in the states and I'm stressing on finding a job..haha..always a new journey.

Good luck everyone who is doing their interview soon!

• 5 months later...

HELLO CAN I ASK, regarding the i864 when are you going to show it is it during the interview?

Filed cr1 via dcf nov 14, 2014

Approved application nov 26, 2014

Case number december 3, 2014

-----------------------------------had personal things to do so medical and interview was delayed after a month

Medical feb 2-3 2015

Interview- feb 12 2015 APPROVED!!!!

They will ask for it during the interview.

DCF Manila

December 12, 2009 Married Lapu-Lapu, Philippines

October 2, 2013 Submitted I-130's

October 8, 2013 I-130's Approved

October 16, 2013 MNL Case Number's Issued

October 30, 2013 NBI Clearance

October 31, 2013 DS-260's Submitted On- Line

October 31, 2013 Cemar CRS Form No. 5

November 23, 2013 Received Packet #3 From US Embassy Manila

January 8-10 2014 Medical Exam's Passed

February 11, 2014 IR-1/IR-2 Visa's Approved

February 17, 2014 Passport's/Visa's in Transit from Post

February 19, 2014 Passport's/Visa's Arrive Via 2Go

February 28, 2014 CFO Completed

June 2, 2014 POE & Immigration at Guam

can i ask about the AOS?? why did they as about that? sorry i dont get it is it related to i130 DCF?

can i ask about the AOS?? why did they as about that? sorry i dont get it is it related to i130 DCF?

Filed cr1 via dcf nov 14, 2014

Approved application nov 26, 2014

Case number december 3, 2014

-----------------------------------had personal things to do so medical and interview was delayed after a month

Medical feb 2-3 2015

Interview- feb 12 2015 APPROVED!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.