103 posts in this topic

you should not only call but email as well :) i called almost everyday if husband's petition has been approved and lady was not even helpful at all she told me it was still on process when its actually approved already..

Yes there are instances where i dont think they even check! Older women who answered at ext 2224 was the most helpful one. She actually checks!!! hehe..

Goodluck and may you get an approval soon! :)

bullet_blue.pngDCF Filing:

Dec. 08 - MET MY HUSBAND TO BE luv.gif

Jan. 18, 2009 - Love. heart.gif

July 10, 2013 -" I DO"rose.gifheart.gifluv.gif

July 15, 2013 - Filed I-130 petition for husband. (DCF)

July 17, 2013 - Received a call from USCIS for RFE.

July 19, 2013 - Sent additional evidence via air21.

* Basically called atleast 2x a week for the month of July/August to check the status of my husband's petition

9-10-13 - ( 2nd month wedding monthsarry ) Recieved an email stating petition APPROVED on 09SEP13!!!!dancin5hr.gif

9-13-13 - Called IV Manila & lady was super nice, checked husband's petition, was told to call back Monday for case#.!

9-17-13 - Got the MNL case number!!! completed the DS-260 form& sent an email.dancin5hr.gif

9-30-13 - Medical: Day 1

10-1-13 - Medical : Day 2 Husband PASSED!!!

10-22-13 - INTERVIEW!!! APPROVED& CEAC STATUS :ISSUED!!!!! WOHOOO!! GOD IS GREAT!! THANK U PAPA GOD!

10-26-13 - VISA ON HAND!!!!! HORAAAY!!! THANK YOU PAPA GOD!!!

1-14-14 - POE LAX

Guest KMC

Try and try until you already have the status of your petition. Some people there are very lazy they just tell you to wait for 1 to 2 months. Call and call and also email. Always try the 5184 and 5185 extensions. Try calling in the morning. Good Luck :=))

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

If you haven't found out fi you've been approved yet by USCIS (ext. 2224), or they call it DHS, then you need to keep calling them. Immigrant Visa section (ext. 5184 and 5185) will have no notice of it, or can do anything for you reall, until USCIS/DHS approves the petition.

Once you get your approval from USCIS you can start working on getting your case number from IV.

I would just like to repeat what most have said already... You need to be persistent and keep calling AND emailing them. There turn around time for emails is SLOW, SLOW and SLOW. It will usually take 4-7 days just to get something back from them.

I don't know what could be taking so long for your approval, but just hang in there. Call them everyday and ask questions. It's what I did. They learned and remembered who I was. Did it help? I'm not sure, but I think it did when I got to the Immigrant Visa section.

Ask them what is wrong, or if there is any RFE's (Request for Action). Try and get the person you're talking to - to actually go and speak with the officer about it.

Some bit of advice for the future. DO NOT WAIT.

Do not wait on any packets in the mail or anything from the Embassy when you get approved. You will most likely never get anything. For instance, we're flying to the US as a family on Oct. 8 and we still haven't gotten a letter from them, or anything in an email either.

Once you get your case number...it's ALL on you guys. You can fill out your DS-260 right then and there, you can schedule your interview AS SOON as you complete the Ds-260, and then you can pre-register at St. Lukes for you medical. It's pretty much up to you how fast you want to move after getting your case numbers..

Just be patient, because things can turn up quickly. We're at 1 month and 16 days from Filing the petition to Visa On Hand.

It's extremely frustrating calling them I know. I would call 10-15 times a day sometimes.. It would ring and ring nons-stop or drop the call randomly. Just keep at ti and you will get there.

I'm not sure, but maybe the government shutdown MIGHT affect some of this...Hopefully not though.

We are also sending emails to them (IV and DHS). As usual, we always receive automated reply. Anyway, it's been two weeks now since we filed the peition. The ext. 2224 is not attending our call, LOL. Anyway, I will follow your tips and advices guys. Thanks alot

I-130/IR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in Manila, Philippines:

March 19, 2013 - Married in Philippines
September 18, 2013 - I-130 filed

September 24, 2013 - RFE (Divorce Decree)

September 27, 2013 - APPROVED

October 7, 2013 - Manila Case Number Issued

October 7, 2013 - Completed online DS-260

October 7, 2013 - Scheduled Interview (November 7, 2013 since I am still outside PHL) and Pre-registered Medical

October 31, 2013 - First Day of Medical

November 4, 2013 - Second Day of Medical (No vaccinations since I am preggo) PASSED!

November 7, 2013 - Interview VISA APPROVED!

November 7, 2013 - Checked visa status in CEAC: ISSUED!

November 14, 2013 - VISA ON HAND :)

Keep calling and calling even if they tell you the generic response of 2-3 mos processing haha!!! Thats what i did, but the only difference is i found out husband's petition was approved via email. No woories im pretty sure yours will be approved soon :)

* Basically called atleast 2x a week for the month of July/August to check the status of my husband's petition

9-10-13 - ( 2nd month wedding monthsarry ) Recieved an email stating petition APPROVED on 09SEP13!!!!dancin5hr.gif

9-13-13 - Called IV Manila & lady was super nice, checked husband's petition, was told to call back Monday for case#.!

9-17-13 - Got the MNL case number!!! completed the DS-260 form& sent an email.dancin5hr.gif

10-22-13 - INTERVIEW!!! APPROVED& CEAC STATUS :ISSUED!!!!! WOHOOO!! GOD IS GREAT!! THANK U PAPA GOD!

1-14-14 - POE LAX

Good morning everyone :) We received an email: Your petition has been granted on September 27, 2013 dancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gif

October 7, 2013 - Scheduled Interview (November 7, 2013 since I am still outside PHL) and Pre-registered Medical

November 4, 2013 - Second Day of Medical (No vaccinations since I am preggo) PASSED!

Timeline

Congratulations on your NOA2! Now you'll be calling and emailing the Immigrant Visa section to get your case number. I'd give it til Monday before starting ,but you're not far from getting it. I had the most luck calling extension 5185 and calling around 2p.m.

Is it true that NVC is the one giving Manila Case Number? I called ext. 5185 and the guy told me that they're not the one assigning the Manila Case Number and asked me to call the NVC (603-334-0700). I am confused now because as far as I know, the Consular Section do have the jurisdiction regarding the application.

Timeline

It's not true. The Immigrant Visa section at the embassy will assign it a case number. Your petition does not leave the embassy. I think you just got a hold of someone not helpful. That does happen. I had a younger lady that helped me considerably when I called.

I agree with you, the guy who picked up the phone is lazy. I have a non-stop calling IV so I can get things fast. My second call (a lady answered) said that they don't have my Case Number yet (people from 2nd floor didn't give the number yet to them) and asked me to call ext. 2224 but as usual no one is picking up the phone. I am really confused about their different answers.

Maybe your petition is there yet its not in their system yet, thats what happened to me when i called,lady told me to call USCIS which i told her that they said they have sent the petition to them so she went and physically checked it and obviously they did have it yet they still need to put it in their system.. and yes lady is SUPER helpful :) Maybe try and call next week im pretty sure they'll have the MNL case for you then.

Good luck and God bless! :)

1-14-14 - POE LAX

Just got our Manila Case Number today. What's the next thing to do? Where can I get the invoice number?

Timeline

You don't need any invoice number. You can pretty much set up the rest of the stuff yourself.

1. Go to https://ceac.state.gov/CEAC/ and go under the Immigrant Section and sign in with your case number and date of birth (yyyymmdd)

and complete your online DS-260.

• when finished print out the confirmation as a copy for yourself and copy the confirmation number and email it to ivmnlappointment@state.gov
  • you will get back a automated response telling you to do exactly what I'm telling you to do...so don't wait

2. Go to http://cdn.ustraveldocs.com/ph/index.html?firstTime=No

and register with your passport number and case number. This is where you select your Interview Date.

3. Now go to http://www.slec.ph/us/registration/ and pre-register for your medical. Since you have a interview date you can enter that information as well.

Print out 4 copies of the interview appointment and SLEC pre-register form. I would also print out a confirmation of your DS-260 to have for your interview.

Be on the lookout for earlier interview dates if you don't get a close date.

Anymore questions just ask. Things will speed by now.

Done with DS-260 :) I found out that the Invoice Number is my birthday.

When I clicked the link you sent to me for Interview Schedule, there's not schedule in appointment under Immigrant Visa. Help :)

Another question, how should I pay the visa fee? I found this: Bank Payment Process Change: Review the new instructions for paying at the bank. Starting September 1, 2012, it will be necessary to bring the printed deposit slipto the bank for payment. The bank will not process your visa fee without the correct deposit slip.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.