103 posts in this topic

What requirements did they want from you? Like Proof of Residency?

We just passed our medicals, and rescheduled our interview from Oct 29 to Sept 24

They asked for utility bill with my husband's name but we told them we don't have that. We just gave them the ff: ACR I-Card, Philippines Driver's License, Hubby's NBI (to show his address here in PH) and Contract Lease. We also need to give the Divorce Decree to them via email or fax since they prefer the DECREE itself.

I-130/IR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in Manila, Philippines:

March 19, 2013 - Married in Philippines
September 18, 2013 - I-130 filed

September 24, 2013 - RFE (Divorce Decree)

September 27, 2013 - APPROVED

October 7, 2013 - Manila Case Number Issued

October 7, 2013 - Completed online DS-260

October 7, 2013 - Scheduled Interview (November 7, 2013 since I am still outside PHL) and Pre-registered Medical

October 31, 2013 - First Day of Medical

November 4, 2013 - Second Day of Medical (No vaccinations since I am preggo) PASSED!

November 7, 2013 - Interview VISA APPROVED!

November 7, 2013 - Checked visa status in CEAC: ISSUED!

November 14, 2013 - VISA ON HAND :)

Your timeline is very inspiring and a great boost to all of us.

As I am reading timelines and preparing myself, I can't find information about scheduling the medical.

Silly question, but I know you all have the answer... Where and when do we receive information about the medical? Will we receive a packet with instructions in the mail? email? Will it have a list of local doctors to visit?

thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

slec.ph/us/registration/

go there and you can pre-register for St. Lukes. It's a first come-first serve. You do not have to set an appointment, but you need to have your case number already.

Don't wait on any packets from the embassy. We've yet to get any email or packets from them and our interview is Sept 24.

By the way, how did your wife and son's medical go? What time did it start and finish? My husband might go in for his medical next week, if the weather is good (hoping this typhoon I hear about spares us). Thanks in advance!

Timeline

Typhoon? Didn't know about that. Our interview is Sept. 24..hope nothing happens.

the medical went well, can't complain since they both passed.. Pheeeew!!!

They went Monday super early to try and finish in one day (at least she was trying to finish hers). We were totally planning on her son failing the TST and X-ray and having to do sputum. Since, we had a local doctor do these tests and said he had primary complex TB (I was skeptical the whole time though).

Anyways, They went to the clinic at 2:45am and were like the 3rd or 4th in line. It is suppose to be first-come first-served, but they allowed senior citizens to go ahead. Their first day lasted from 2:45am to 10:30 am. they pretty much told my wife she was done, but to come back 2 days later to have shots and to read his TST.

they also told her she needed her sons baby book and to go get it. I was planning on them all getting every shot needed so we could have new records. After calling them twice, we confirmed that it was no problem for them to get their shots and no need for a baby book.

They went back at 9:30 and gave her - her shots. She received 2 shots (MMR and Tetanus) and read her sons TST (negative!!). they told her ot come back at 12:30-1:30 to get her sons shots. She went back at 12:30 and ended up waiting FOREVER...she finally got back at 5:30 and her son had 5 shots total.

Were they able to start their medical before 6am since they were there early? And did your wife have her immunization record with her? My husband doesn't have any and we're hoping he doesn't have to get a bunch of shots.

Yes, there's a super typhoon passing north of the country but they said it should be gone by tomorrow. I hope and pray it won't get any worse...

Hopefully this typhoon wont cause any flood like last time... Btw good luck on your wifes interview please give us an insight on what they ask her during her interview ehehe, thanks!

Godbless.

bullet_blue.pngDCF Filing:

Dec. 08 - MET MY HUSBAND TO BE luv.gif

Jan. 18, 2009 - Love. heart.gif

July 10, 2013 -" I DO"rose.gifheart.gifluv.gif

July 15, 2013 - Filed I-130 petition for husband. (DCF)

July 17, 2013 - Received a call from USCIS for RFE.

July 19, 2013 - Sent additional evidence via air21.

* Basically called atleast 2x a week for the month of July/August to check the status of my husband's petition

9-10-13 - ( 2nd month wedding monthsarry ) Recieved an email stating petition APPROVED on 09SEP13!!!!dancin5hr.gif

9-13-13 - Called IV Manila & lady was super nice, checked husband's petition, was told to call back Monday for case#.!

9-17-13 - Got the MNL case number!!! completed the DS-260 form& sent an email.dancin5hr.gif

9-30-13 - Medical: Day 1

10-1-13 - Medical : Day 2 Husband PASSED!!!

10-22-13 - INTERVIEW!!! APPROVED& CEAC STATUS :ISSUED!!!!! WOHOOO!! GOD IS GREAT!! THANK U PAPA GOD!

10-26-13 - VISA ON HAND!!!!! HORAAAY!!! THANK YOU PAPA GOD!!!

1-14-14 - POE LAX

Hi,

I just got married last July and my husband just stayed in the Philippines roughly for 3 months, and we are planning to file the I-130 hopefully end of this month. Do you think it's possible to file now or wait for 6 months?

I will deeply appreciate any of those can advice and have the experienced :)

CALLED TODAY: APPROVED!!!!!!

I was told it was approved on Sept 17. She didn't have the case number though, so I need to make more phone calls!

YES!!!!!!!!!! =)

Congrats on the approval! I called IV section every day after getting the approved I-130 on 08/30 (not sure if that was the exact date of approval, though) and got our case number on 09/10. Best wishes! :)

Timeline

Just be vigilant with calling and sending emails. You'll get something soon. Don't wait for anything from the embassy. We're doing our interview tomorrow and we haven't gotten anything in the mail or email. Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.