103 posts in this topic

hi, i read your post, but i need to ask did you make appointment for your i-130 file? i will start my process in or around this Dec. But i dont know what to do, can i just walk in to the embassy or do i have to make appointment just to file the i-130? i have tried to make an appoint online but they want my wifes A# and case#. im lost cause i havent started the process. pls help me with some good answers thanks

hi, i read your post, but i need to ask did you make appointment for your i-130 file? i will start my process in or around this Dec. But i dont know what to do, can i just walk in to the embassy or do i have to make appointment just to file the i-130? i have tried to make an appoint online but they want my wifes A# and case#. im lost cause i havent started the process. pls help me with some good answers thanks

Leave those fields blank when you fill up the form online. I was confused because when you print it out it says "Purpose: To speak with someone" or something.. and I was like.. umm.. this make no mention of a visa application..? But don't worry, it's right one.

:)

You can still walk-in and get a number, but it's easier and more efficient to have an appointment. I made an appointment for 10:30am and was able to walk straight up to the window without having to wait at all. We even finished before everyone else who were there waiting with a number.

To make an appointment on the Infopass website, just click on 'You need information or other services'. Then enter your name, phone number, email address, and indicate how many people are going to be with you, including yourself, then press continue. You should be able to set an appointment then. Best wishes! :)

Yes I made the appointment at infopass as well :) Make sure you bring everything you need that way it'll make the petition smoother :)

Goodluck& Godbless! :)

bullet_blue.pngDCF Filing:

Dec. 08 - MET MY HUSBAND TO BE luv.gif

Jan. 18, 2009 - Love. heart.gif

July 10, 2013 -" I DO"rose.gifheart.gifluv.gif

July 15, 2013 - Filed I-130 petition for husband. (DCF)

July 17, 2013 - Received a call from USCIS for RFE.

July 19, 2013 - Sent additional evidence via air21.

* Basically called atleast 2x a week for the month of July/August to check the status of my husband's petition

9-10-13 - ( 2nd month wedding monthsarry ) Recieved an email stating petition APPROVED on 09SEP13!!!!dancin5hr.gif

9-13-13 - Called IV Manila & lady was super nice, checked husband's petition, was told to call back Monday for case#.!

9-17-13 - Got the MNL case number!!! completed the DS-260 form& sent an email.dancin5hr.gif

9-30-13 - Medical: Day 1

10-1-13 - Medical : Day 2 Husband PASSED!!!

10-22-13 - INTERVIEW!!! APPROVED& CEAC STATUS :ISSUED!!!!! WOHOOO!! GOD IS GREAT!! THANK U PAPA GOD!

10-26-13 - VISA ON HAND!!!!! HORAAAY!!! THANK YOU PAPA GOD!!!

1-14-14 - POE LAX

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Thank you everyone who wished us luck for our interview with the U.S. Embassy, Manila Philippines .We got to the embassy at about 5am and started the waiting process. with a 6:30am appointment we finally got inside the annex building at 7am with our numbers 5005 and 5006.

We knew beforehand a rough of idea of what to expect when starting. Biometrics to Pre-screening and handing over Affidavit of Support documents to 2 final interviews (Filipino and American). We didn't count on being one of the last persons to do ALL of the steps though! Our exceptionally long waiting time made us especially nervous. My wife was "freaking out"...Sweaty hand and repeating "Lord...What did we do?? Why is it taking so long??".
At 8:30am we finally got called to Window 39 where they wanted our DS forms. Unfortunately, or fortunately, we were required to do the "new" online DS-260 form. I think this caused some confusion, especially since I still had to pay our Immigrant Visa fee. This was to be expected though since we direct filed at the embassy. After the lady collected the confirmation page of our DS-260 (Thankfully we printed everything out!!) I headed upstairs to pay our two IV fees.

Now...more...waiting! Finally, they called us for biometrics. This was a quick and easy process and after my wife scanned her fingerprints we sat back down for more waiting.

After about 45 more minutes we were called back to a different window. This time it was for pre-screening and Filipino Consular interview. The consular was pretty laid backed and easy-going. I think you could say we had a good experience with our Filipino Consular, especially since you could tell he was having to work with a new process with the new DS-260 forms. Two-thumbs for him! .

He asked for NBI clearance and our NSO birth certificates, marriage certificates and CEMAR. then proceeded to getting our Affidavit of Support documents and said..."Don't worry about Proof of Domicile documents unless the American screener asked for them". They also didn't want Police clearance or Barangay clearance. Oddly, they mentioned a likening for Baptismal Certificate. That made me go "huh? why?", haha.

The Filipino Consular was pretty laid back, and as such you couldn't really tell what was pre-screening for documents and what was the interview, really. He just asked basic questions like "How\When\Where we met?" and "When did I arrive?" and "When we got married?"-- just simple stuff.

After handing the consular several different sets of paperwork and answering a few questions, and the consular asking other workers questions about the process (DS-260 ) he said "Congratulations and you can sit back down and wait for your number to be called again for your final interview with the American Consular".

Maybe...10-15 minutes of waiting we got called for our final interview...At this point, most of the people in the waiting area are gone, or at the releasing area.

the American Consular was SUPER nice, too! He asked us to raise both of our right hands and swear oath of truth/accuracy and then he asked my wife can you read English or Tagalog better.. she replied "Both" and he asked what she preferred. My wife got the pamphlet for Domestic Violence.. I don't think my wife caught on to it just yet, but a smile and sleek smile/grin came over my face, because I knew this was a good sign for us being approved.

But there is more... My wife had to do the DS-260 oath taking and signing it with her fingerprints. Then again, for her son. The American Consular asked us only a few questions like "How/When\Where did we meet?" and he asked me "What do I do", "What university I study at and what I am studying?". Then he said "Congratulations...your visa is approved..Just sit back down and wait for them to call your name for the releasing area."

After about....15 minutes or so our names were called and we gave them our number told them we wanted our visa's sent to 2go Mall of Asia..

1month 10days from filing to visa approval!!

p.s. They did ask for a corrected birth certificate. They did not care about me proving domicile. The filipino consular said if the american asks then show it, but just stating I planned on returning with them was good enough.

Congrats to you and your fam Jason! Now your next step is get those tickets and spend the holidays back home!:) So happy for you guys! Thank you for sharing your experience and for all the help!

Good luck and God bless your family always! :)

bullet_blue.pngDCF Filing:

Dec. 08 - MET MY HUSBAND TO BE luv.gif

Jan. 18, 2009 - Love. heart.gif

July 10, 2013 -" I DO"rose.gifheart.gifluv.gif

July 15, 2013 - Filed I-130 petition for husband. (DCF)

July 17, 2013 - Received a call from USCIS for RFE.

July 19, 2013 - Sent additional evidence via air21.

* Basically called atleast 2x a week for the month of July/August to check the status of my husband's petition

9-10-13 - ( 2nd month wedding monthsarry ) Recieved an email stating petition APPROVED on 09SEP13!!!!dancin5hr.gif

9-13-13 - Called IV Manila & lady was super nice, checked husband's petition, was told to call back Monday for case#.!

9-17-13 - Got the MNL case number!!! completed the DS-260 form& sent an email.dancin5hr.gif

9-30-13 - Medical: Day 1

10-1-13 - Medical : Day 2 Husband PASSED!!!

10-22-13 - INTERVIEW!!! APPROVED& CEAC STATUS :ISSUED!!!!! WOHOOO!! GOD IS GREAT!! THANK U PAPA GOD!

10-26-13 - VISA ON HAND!!!!! HORAAAY!!! THANK YOU PAPA GOD!!!

1-14-14 - POE LAX

Wow wow wow! Really incredible. We are all very happy for you and your family. Thanks for keeping us informed as your story and timeline are so inspiring! I hope Italy works just as quickly!

Question, is it mandatory to attend the interview or was that your personal choice?

Wow wow wow! Really incredible. We are all very happy for you and your family. Thanks for keeping us informed as your story and timeline are so inspiring! I hope Italy works just as quickly!

Question, is it mandatory to attend the interview or was that your personal choice?

Wow, I'm stunned you got your visa all done in 40 days.. I did not know that during your interview you will see a Filipino and American, all very interesting and you had to wait so long, I would be thinking the same thing what did we do wrong...now we will be going down the same road very soon..very cool.

DCF Manila

December 12, 2009 Married Lapu-Lapu, Philippines

October 2, 2013 Submitted I-130's

October 8, 2013 I-130's Approved

October 16, 2013 MNL Case Number's Issued

October 30, 2013 NBI Clearance

October 31, 2013 DS-260's Submitted On- Line

October 31, 2013 Cemar CRS Form No. 5

November 23, 2013 Received Packet #3 From US Embassy Manila

January 8-10 2014 Medical Exam's Passed

February 11, 2014 IR-1/IR-2 Visa's Approved

February 17, 2014 Passport's/Visa's in Transit from Post

February 19, 2014 Passport's/Visa's Arrive Via 2Go

February 28, 2014 CFO Completed

June 2, 2014 POE & Immigration at Guam

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Just a heads up..forgot to mention...

When we were at our interview they did ask us if we had a filled out copy of the DS-230 forms. Depending on when you interview, it MAY NOT be a bad idea to go ahead and take completed DS-230 forms with you. Depending on how quickly your interview is after submitting your DS-260 online. Just a thought..probably won't be needed in the coming weeks at all, though.

A TIP:

DO TAKE A PRINTOUT OF YOUR CONFIRMATION PAGE WHEN YOU SUBMITTED YOUR DS-260. They did take the confirmation pages we printed out. It could have been because the form was for the CR-1/IR-1 process, but they did have the DS-260 oath and finger printing process in place when we went. So, be prepared and take a print out of your confirmation page.

Congrats to you and your wife! And thank you for all the information :=)) I remember you last month asking for the requirements for DCF, I can't forget the Shakeys card. lol Have a safe trip!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oct. 2012- Started chatting on YM

Jan. 2013- Met in person

July 2013- Got Married heart.gif heart.gifheart.gif

Sept. 6, 2013- Filed I-I30 here in Manila

Sept. 17, 2013- RFE notice (divorce paper)

Sept. 20, 2013- Sent divorce paper thru mail & email

Sept. 24, 2013- Petition Approveddancin5hr.gif

Sept. 26, 2013- Got our case number

Oct. 9, 2013- Medical Examination

Oct. 17, 2013- Interview wow.gif

Hello everyone. We filed our I-130 and until now we are not receiving any approval. Can I have the number you guys used to call the US Embassy as well as the extension number? Thanks alot

I-130/IR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in Manila, Philippines:

March 19, 2013 - Married in Philippines
September 18, 2013 - I-130 filed

September 24, 2013 - RFE (Divorce Decree)

September 27, 2013 - APPROVED

October 7, 2013 - Manila Case Number Issued

October 7, 2013 - Completed online DS-260

October 7, 2013 - Scheduled Interview (November 7, 2013 since I am still outside PHL) and Pre-registered Medical

October 31, 2013 - First Day of Medical

November 4, 2013 - Second Day of Medical (No vaccinations since I am preggo) PASSED!

November 7, 2013 - Interview VISA APPROVED!

November 7, 2013 - Checked visa status in CEAC: ISSUED!

November 14, 2013 - VISA ON HAND :)

We just called US Embassy with the same extension numbers you guys used (5185), the lady told us that it's the DHS approving the applications and asked us to inquire in DHS (extension 2224). We need some help guys about the process. Anyway, we already sent emails to DHS and IV to request an update regarding our application.

October 7, 2013 - Scheduled Interview (November 7, 2013 since I am still outside PHL) and Pre-registered Medical

November 4, 2013 - Second Day of Medical (No vaccinations since I am preggo) PASSED!

Hello everyone. We filed our I-130 and until now we are not receiving any approval. Can I have the number you guys used to call the US Embassy as well as the extension number? Thanks alot

Just keep using ext 2224 and ask if its been approved... if they say not yet, you can follow up by asking, is there a problem with my paperwork? that might make them actually check...

They will eventually tell you you've been approved, but they probably won't have the case # right away.

As for the case number, I called and pressed 7 for Visa matters, then pressed 2 for immigrant Visas...

Then I told the woman "Hi. I'm trying to get an update on my husbands petition, etc etc... It was approved on etc etc etc..... "

Some people were like "spell the name," Then they'd check and say "Sorry, its not in the system". and Id be like "Ok. bye." LOL

Some people are more accommodating and they will help, just try and find a person more patient on the phone who will actually check for you. When they say "you only applied this month, and it takes 30-90 days, etc etc etc so you should keep waiting," just be like "ok thank you" and hang up. Try again later/tomorrow and wait for another person to answer the phone. LOL

(Particularly, there's one grumpy sounding guy who didnt even wanna check..)

Just keep using ext 2224 and ask if its been approved... if they say not yet, you can follow up by asking, is there a problem with my paperwork? that might make them actually check...

They will eventually tell you you've been approved, but they probably won't have the case # right away.

As for the case number, I called and pressed 7 for Visa matters, then pressed 2 for immigrant Visas...

Then I told the woman "Hi. I'm trying to get an update on my husbands petition, etc etc... It was approved on etc etc etc..... "

Some people were like "spell the name," Then they'd check and say "Sorry, its not in the system". and Id be like "Ok. bye." LOL

Some people are more accommodating and they will help, just try and find a person more patient on the phone who will actually check for you. When they say "you only applied this month, and it takes 30-90 days, etc etc etc so you should keep waiting," just be like "ok thank you" and hang up. Try again later/tomorrow and wait for another person to answer the phone. LOL

(Particularly, there's one grumpy sounding guy who didnt even wanna check..)

We already tried calling ext 2224 but no one is picking up the phone (lazy, or what?). oops8rh.gif Hopefully our application will be approved very soon. Fingers crossed :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.