NikLR

Green card production after ELIS

1,923 posts in this topic

Without a green card i cannot start the process of getting my pharmacy license. I don't think that i can get a driver's license as well.

You can absolutely get a driver's license. You have your SSN.

5/21/2016: Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

5/23/2016: NOA1

7/29/2016: Biometrics Appointment

11/22/2016: I-751 Approved!

oprahbees.gif

Thank you friend, ya it worked. My husband paid for me and sent me t the confirmation page. Hope my POE will go well. :) Good luck to you too.

I already went through POE, but thank you! Best of luck at POE and post-POE too. :)

Our Visa Journey(s)

K-1 Visa
01/15/2013 - Sent I-129F overnight via Fedex
07/17/2013 - Sent to London
*** Abandoned K1 Visa route due to wedding plans that could NOT be changed**

07/27/2013 - Married in TX!!

CR-1 Visa
09/12/2013 - Sent I-130 overnight via Fedex
09/18/2013 - NOA1 - E-mail and text - Sent to NBC Overland Park
03/03/2014 - Case Transferred to CSC
03/27/2014 - NOA2 - E-mail and text - APPROVED!!!
04/04/2014 - NVC Received

05/05/2014 - Case Number & IIN Assigned

05/08/2014 - Submitted DS-261

05/10/2014 - AOS Available/Paid/Sent Package

05/13/2014 - AOS Package Received/Fee withdrawn (Scanned on 5/15) - Happy bday to me! :)

05/14/2014 - AOS Shows as PAID

05/19/2014 - IV Available/Paid/Sent Package

05/20/2014 - IV Fee withdrawn/Shows as PAID/DS-260 Available & Submitted

05/21/2014 - IV Package Received (Scanned on 5/23)

06/13/2014 - AOS Approved

06/26/2014 - CASE COMPLETE!!! (Confirmed by call, AOS changed to N/A)

07/10/2014 - Interview date assigned!!!! (August 19th)

07/11/2014 - Received Interview letter via e-mail

07/21/2014 - Hubby's medical (Passed!)/E-mail sent to embassy requesting earlier date

07/23/2014 - Interview rescheduled!!

08/04/2014 - INTERVIEW IN LONDON!! - APPROVED!!!!! :luv:

08/12/2014 - VISA IN HAND!!

08/30/2014 - POE in Houston!!

352 days from filing to POE

*Full timeline in profile

Removal of Conditions (I-751)

07/07/2016 - Sent I-751 overnight via USPS

07/08/2016 - CSC received & NOA1

07/21/2016 - Biometrics letter received
07/25/2016 - Walk-in Biometrics Appt (Org. appt - 8/2)

"Love knows not distance; it hath no continent; its eyes are for the stars."

- Gilbert Parker

hey guys i am new here i come to us on 24 sept i paid online 165$ for green card on 21 sept 2014 when i arrive to immigration officer change my visa status from CR1 TO IR1 On my passport buz we have been married more them 2 years i still not got my green card in mail ? should i call to uscis or wait for green card in mail how long its will take please ? and can i work without green card please ?

thanks

You have a green card. The endorsed visa when you arrived is a green card. Read the visa, at the bottom it should say "upon endorsement serves a temporary I-551 evidencing permanent residence for 1 year" I-551 is a green card.

Have you checked your case on ELIS? What does it say?

It normally takes 1-3 months to get the hard copy green card. Did you go get your SSN?

hey guys i am new here i come to us on 24 sept i paid online 165$ for green card on 21 sept 2014 when i arrive to immigration officer change my visa status from CR1 TO IR1 On my passport buz we have been married more them 2 years i still not got my green card in mail ? should i call to uscis or wait for green card in mail how long its will take please ? and can i work without green card please ?

thanks

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

You have a green card. The endorsed visa when you arrived is a green card. Read the visa, at the bottom it should say "upon endorsement serves a temporary I-551 evidencing permanent residence for 1 year" I-551 is a green card.

Have you checked your case on ELIS? What does it say?

It normally takes 1-3 months to get the hard copy green card. Did you go get your SSN?

Thank you for replay NLP .

Yes I got my ssn last week in mail and Yes i check the visa its said for 1 year and no i havent check ELIS What is this please ? I just check n website said that accpeted thats all and pending now green card i think nothing else its said i hope to get it soon

thanks

Thank you for replay NLP .

Yes I got my ssn last week in mail and Yes i check the visa its said for 1 year and no i havent check ELIS What is this please ? I just check n website said that accpeted thats all and pending now green card i think nothing else its said i hope to get it soon

thanks

ELIS is the website you checked where you paid the fee.

You have to wait that's all. It can take a little bit

You have a green card and an SSN so you can go apply for jobs.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

I didnt mention to the immigration officer that we already paid the $165.. on my visa, there is a stamp with a date.. there is no stamp for "upon endorsement........." do you think im waiting for nothing?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

1. I didnt mention to the immigration officer that we already paid the $165..

2. on my visa, there is a stamp with a date..

3. there is no stamp for "upon endorsement........." do you think im waiting for nothing?

1. doesn't matter. what matters is that you paid. after POE event, you get into a new queue. then there are 4 other queues until 'card production ordered'

2. please study other pages in the passport - there is a stamp given at the POE with a date on it.

3. restudy the VISA FOIL that was attached at the IV Unit, let us know if you truly not see the word 'endorsement' on your VISA FOIL.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

My POE 08/25/2014

Paid fees : 07/22/2014

Case received : 09/10/2014

Case in progress : 09/23/2014

Since that optimized never changed

Plus uscis site check says in 23 of September we start to production of your card began allow 30 days

Called them today and officer make request to see why is the late

Don't really understand what's going on

Why it seems like 4ever

Guess we will see

My POE 08/25/2014

Paid fees : 07/22/2014

Case received : 09/10/2014

Case in progress : 09/23/2014

Since that optimized never changed

Plus uscis site check says in 23 of September we start to production of your card began allow 30 days

Called them today and officer make request to see why is the late

Don't really understand what's going on

Why it seems like 4ever

Guess we will see

Ours is stuck at "Accepted". My husband entered on 8/25, too. We have an INFOPass tomorrow at 7:45am. We'll see what they say tomorrow.

oprahbees.gif

Timeline

Bdrew I don't know why they late somehow we stuck . Officer told me to wait 2 or 3 weeks and told me in week 3 if I didn't get it or hear anything to call back.

Have u called them before? What they told you?

Bdrew I don't know why they late somehow we stuck . Officer told me to wait 2 or 3 weeks and told me in week 3 if I didn't get it or hear anything to call back.

Have u called them before? What they told you?

Honestly at POE I was more worried about my husband getting his social security card and that was the only thing I asked about at POE. The social security card arrived on its own 9 days later.

I paid the stupid Immigrant Extortion fee on August 12th, I have no clue what's taking so long with his card. The first time I called USCIS, they told me to make an INFOPass if we still don't have it after 45 days from POE. The second time I called USCIS they refused to speak with me because I'm no longer the petitioner, my husband is.

I contacted the Ombudsman and I have yet to hear back. What should my husband and I have with us for this appointment tomorrow?

oprahbees.gif

Timeline

Well I have called 2 Times and they never told me that as you . But maybe coz ur husband case not received yet from POE I don't know but why your husband didn't talk to them ? I did and totally understand them even if I am Arab and my English not like American sure . The officer today was so nice and helpful and if I don't understand anything he say it again and was good experience than first time

But sure u will need his passport and Receipt number and save field date too and all information about your paying and his alien number and everything

Don't think u will need more than that .

Let me know what's happened with u tomorrow

What state you guys live ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.