shinzo

CSC seems take longer to process

136 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

California center isnt moving really fast and I've heard that its because of a "Dream Act"... I just have a big problem with that especially after I have received my W2.

First of all, there is no job or industry in America except USCIS imo that you get paid before finishing you work. USCIS is so fast on cashing you check before they finish their service for you...process will be much fast er if thats other way around...I wish right?

Because these "Dream Act" and alot of them are getting visa faster than us, which is bullshit. Im not a racist guy or ignorant but I really dont care about some illegal immagrants that uses/wasting my tax money and goverment man power to get better service than me (American). Why do I have suffer or wait more because these people? My W2 came and my total tax alone was WELL above the minium poverty guide and I'm getting below average service than these illefal immagrants....wow unblieveable.

You've heard incorrectly. People are always looking for something to blame the slowness on. They have been for years even before any Dream Act. Sometimes California is faster, sometimes Vermont is faster. At the end of the day, they're still slow.

The last thing we need is another misguided, misinformed rant about the Dream Act.

Edited by Evylin

If Dream Act application processing numbers are going up and US Citizen related processing numbers are going down (US CItizens filing for their wife, fiance, children, etc.) then the problem certainly is the Dream Act. So yes, if this is true, then we can blame the Dream Act. I have not verified these numbers. Does anyone else care to share an official numbers reporting report to prove that the Dream Act is or is not slowing down the process for taxpaying, law-abiding citizens?

Edited by Waiting234

I am the USC.

--------------

Permanent Resident since December 23, 2013

Filed N-400, February 8, 2017

If Dream Act application processing numbers are going up and US Citizen related processing numbers are going down (US CItizens filing for their wife, fiance, children, etc.) then the problem certainly is the Dream Act. So yes, if this is true, then we can blame the Dream Act. I have not verified these numbers. Does anyone care to prove this right or wrong by sharing an official numbers reporting report to prove that the Dream Act is or is not slowing down the process for taxpaying, law-abiding citizens who are separated from their immediate families as a result of our process?

To another point, they illegals are already in the US and they are not at risk of deportation, so whats the rush on their applications? And what's with the payment waivers? Do they still need to file Affidavit of Support forms?

Why is it fair that more than 90% of applicants of K-1 and CR-1 visas are still waiting to be with their families since the Act was issued? Being separated like we are being forced to do for long periods of time can ruin people, especially when the whole process is 2 months for other advanced nations. It's a good thing I don't care about money or I would be in a nuthouse.

I am the USC.

--------------

So it's the Dream Act's fault. Whose fault was it last year? And the year before that? And the year before?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

So it's the Dream Act's fault. Whose fault was it last year? And the year before that? And the year before?

:thumbs:

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

If Dream Act application processing numbers are going up and US Citizen related processing numbers are going down (US CItizens filing for their wife, fiance, children, etc.) then the problem certainly is the Dream Act. So yes, if this is true, then we can blame the Dream Act. I have not verified these numbers. Does anyone else care to share an official numbers reporting report to prove that the Dream Act is or is not slowing down the process for taxpaying, law-abiding citizens?

I'll let you make your own judgement from this info.

From the USCIS website

daca_zpsff631386.jpg

From timelines here and me entering data

uscis_zpsff63e84a.jpg

To me it's pretty clear there is a direct connection between the CSC and DACA. Just as DACA got really going in October, K1 NOA2's here on VJ fell off to almost nothing. CSC has had slow periods before but nothing like this. If you can show me on the timelines here or anywhere else a worse 5 month period, I'd love to see it.

Edited by Andreea&Kevin

NOA1 - 8/24/2012

NOA2 - 3/18/2013 Only took 207 days at CSC

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'll let you make your own judgement from this info.

To me it's pretty clear there is a direct connection between the CSC and DACA. Just as DACA got really going in October, K1 NOA2's here on VJ fell off to almost nothing. CSC has had slow periods before but nothing like this. If you can show me on the timelines here or anywhere else a worse 5 month period, I'd love to see it.

:thumbs:

I'll add this chart:

ScreenShot2013-02-09at15812PM_zpsfc6c5f96.png

I'd like to see the prior year data where approvals percentages fall off the cliff like they have after mid July NOA1's....it sure looks like something happened to K1 approvals.

So, shinzo, still think the Dream Act had the best intentions? Or was it a political move to win the election?

and we are the ones suffering for it, many who probably voted for Obama.

Edited by Waiting234

I am the USC.

--------------

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

So, shinzo, still think the Dream Act had the best intentions? Or was it a political move to win the election?

and we are the ones suffering for it, many who probably voted for Obama.

Deferred Action is not a bad idea, it was just excuted poorly. It was pushed through by the president for the election without a plan to handle it. The scary part is they have only got 400,000 applicants, some were predicting 1.2 million. Now the USCIS is forced to do what it can to complete Obama's promises. They are approving about 2400 of these cases a day, so they are doing an amazing job with those cases. It's just too bad they are sacrificing K1 applicants to get it done.

NOA1 - 8/24/2012

NOA2 - 3/18/2013 Only took 207 days at CSC

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Problem isn't the Dream Act per se. Problem is that it appears to have been an unfunded mandate, with added political pressure to provide performance measures. As a former government employee, I have seen this a lot.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Folks, you should all feel lucky, it's just going to get worse. A LOT worse. Forget about Deferred Action. Once Immigration Reform passes Congress this year, and it seems to have bipartisan support, including possibly amnesty (but having to pay back taxes, learn English and civics etc) USCIS will get flooded with MILLIONS of applications (up to 11 million) and I'll bet K1 NOA2s take over a year at least, they just don't have the budget to hire and train more adjudicators, so it's no so bad at the moment compared to the unlucky folks who apply for K1 at the end of this year.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Deferred Action is not a bad idea, it was just excuted poorly. It was pushed through by the president for the election without a plan to handle it. The scary part is they have only got 400,000 applicants, some were predicting 1.2 million. Now the USCIS is forced to do what it can to complete Obama's promises. They are approving about 2400 of these cases a day, so they are doing an amazing job with those cases. It's just too bad they are sacrificing K1 applicants to get it done.

Oohhhh ya now they can throw out the approvals huh :thumbs: I'd like to see them throw out that many approvals for k1 in one day for just ONCE :)

September 5th, 2010: Met
July 26th 2012: Engaged
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I-129F Sent: December 14th, 2012
December 18th 2012: I-129f received at dallas po box
DECEMBER 20th: NOA1 (only found out once hardcopy came in the mail)
December 21st, 2012: Check cashed
Dec 27, 2012: Fiances alien registration number was changed. Proven.
December 29th 2012: Received Noa1 Hard-copy(no txt or email was sent)
Jan. 10th 2013: Happy birthday to my Sweety, first birthday apart in years!
January 15 2013: "mailing adress was changed" (touched?)
May-20-2013 NOA2!!! Exactly 5 months!
May-23-2013 Noa2 hard copy recieved!
June-05-2013 Called NVC, casre recieved, forwared to Ankara

June-10-2013-Ankara revieved packet! *signed by MEHMET* THANKS MEHMET!

June-10-2013-Recieve NVC letter
June-13-2013 Email(Packet) recieved from embassy!!
00-00-2013 Sent packet back to embassy
00-00-13 Interview date set (00-00-13 INTERVIEW,)
00-00-2013 Medical
00-00-2013 Interview(...........!)
00-00-2013 Visa Approved
00-00-2013 US Entry

NEXT STEPS IN US....
00-00-13 Wedding
00-00-13 SSN
00-00-13 AOS packet sent out
event.png event.png <p>

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the USCIS Service Centers forum -- topic involves USCIS processing loads & volumes. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.