ilovemaya

so I guess this is it...

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Czech Republic
Timeline

I realy hate this...we filled I-130 im march last year 2010 n ever since we are on search for joint sponsor as my husband...even tho he works...does not qualify financialy...well...noone is willing to help....so we were raisin four children, two are ours (3 and 4 months)n two my husband's (7 and 8) (USC)...n now it seems like i better divorce my husband n forget about our family even been ever together again because we simply do not qualify financialy!!!! My husband works, i have small income in my country too and it will continue if i could reside to US and all together with safings we have is yet not enough for our family to be together. We were searchin for co-sponsor, but those who first wanted to help, changed their minds after we gave em the forms to fill out....we ran out of opptions and are now at the end....my husband can not reside to my country, because he is taking care of his parents in USA, they are poor in health and also take care of his handicapped sister....so I realy do not know what to do now...now we tried to solve our situation by me moving to mexico border area while my husband lives on the american side rite there 15min drive away...lived like that together for 1.5years untill the drug cartel war broke out...we had to leave cuz what we been tru in that hell wasnt nice at all....so now we are again separated n does not look like we b together any time soon...it has been 4 years like that......this is just some kind of bad dream we are living...

i have my interview appointment tomorrow...but i know i will b denied, cuz we do not fit the 125% poverty line n no co-sponsor.....i think wen they say that word "denied" it will make me cry there.....

all this system is very cruel... :(

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Honestly, you probably won't be denied, you'll probably be given an opportunity to provide a co-sponsor. Is there really no other USC that can help?

Good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The amount you need to qualify isnt even enough to really live in the US so if you can't find a sponsor then yes your immigration is at an end. Your 2 children with your husband are USC's but they do count in family size and you are talking about a family of 6 so it is a bit of income required. You will probably be given a bit more time to look but then it will be denied. Hopefully things will change and you can reapply

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Does your husband work full time? How much is he under? Maybe he could get a second job for a while...

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

sad to hear this. Very odd situation. I'm assuming your husband has always lived 15 minutes from the Mexico border? If not, did he move there so you guys could be close. How did he continue work. Seems like an awful lot of hoops to jump through... he moves to Tex/Mex border with 2 kids, you move from Europe to Mexico border with 2 kids, he gets a job in this Tex/Mex border town to support the 6 of you (yet not enough to qualify for 125% of poverty level). That is a lot of hoops jumped through and sounds quite costly.

What does he do for a living. I wouldn't give up, it really is as simple as him finding a high enough paying job.

It sounds like you guys have really been exhausting all your efforts searching for a co-sponsor. Frankly, he should have been using all his efforts to find a higher paying job. The reality of finding someone to sponsor a family of 6, assuming the sponsor reads and understands all the documents, is slim to none. I personally wouldn't be a co-sponsor for a family member of even "1" if the situation arose. It's simply too much liablity put on the co-sponsor by the US government. Hopefully that makes you feel better, as the idea of no one sponsoring you shouldn't be taken personally, as 6 is way too much to ask.

His best bet is get a higher paying job.

Best of luck.

Edited by Ready to do it

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bogota, Colombia

I-129F Sent : 2011-04-27

Filed: Country:
Timeline
The reality of finding someone to sponsor a family of 6, assuming the sponsor reads and understands all the documents, is slim to none. I personally wouldn't be a co-sponsor for a family member of even "1" if the situation arose. It's simply too much liablity put on the co-sponsor by the US government. Hopefully that makes you feel better, as the idea of no one sponsoring you shouldn't be taken personally, as 6 is way too much to ask.

While I do agree with most of what you said, there is a little bit of misinformation in your post...

While the Family size is 6 only 3 (the intending immigrants) need to be sponsored and that obligation can be terminated as soon as 3 years if the Wife naturalizes.

If my brother came to me requesting sponsorship I would probably help as I know him to be financially responsible but then again because he is financially responsible he wouldn't need a co-sponsor (not to imply that only irresponsible people need co-sponsors).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

because he is taking care of his parents in USA

just a thought -

parent's house is clear and free of mortgage? title is clear?

suggest they transfer title / deed to HIM

and then

HE uses the house as an asset in the I-864

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

ok ppl...i was at my interview today aaaaand it didnt go as bad as i thought it will

I was treated very nicely...I came out ineligible for two reasons...1) i happened to overstay my visa 2) the financial side...the consul was so nice he said he will only write the refusal for me overstayin the visa as I would have much less chance if he puts both reasons there....returning me back the I-864 suggesting to get that done again. :wacko: Now hear out people!!!...as I never heard that before not even on here...I asked him if I as immigrant and sponsor's spouse can use bank accounts of my parents as assets...he said he "never saw that done before, but that dont mean it cant be done"...sooooo...they gave me a form and said i can do that!!!!! Wonderful, cuz my parents are very well settled here n that sure will b a big help. I was also corrected on how to do right that join-sponsor thing...i always thought the co-sponsor is sort of a substitution for my husband not b able to sponsor...but I find out the co-sponsor only has to come up with whats missin in my husbands salary :bonk: eh...soooo...guess im gonna get back on it n see if this time we will fit the chart.

well feel better now then :yes: ...guess i can keep hopin that mayb we will get tru with this one day... :wow:

Timeline

If his kids are living with him does he receive child support for them?

naa...he doesn't...the mother dont care n my husband realy doesnt either..guess it wld help this time...but...complicated situation...the mother is native american n my husband was told they cant get on her then....idk...but hopefuly no need for that in a final...

Timeline

Honestly, you probably won't be denied, you'll probably be given an opportunity to provide a co-sponsor. Is there really no other USC that can help?

Good luck

thank you (: idk...for some reason we found it kinda difficult to find co-sponsor...we'v had quite a few ppl sayin they will help but as soon as we gave em the forms to look at n fill out...they always changed their mind..idk..too much work?...i realy dont know...what i think is that mayb ppl think im gonna b askin money from em later on or something...but i always tried to explain myself...even suggested to sighn an agreement that if they ever have to pay anything due to sighnin the form, i will repay everything back...but nothing helped....i realy dont know what makes them to change their minds each time....even the lawyer told me is not a big deal :(

Timeline
I asked him if I as immigrant and sponsor's spouse can use bank accounts of my parents as assets...he said he "never saw that done before, but that dont mean it cant be done"...sooooo...they gave me a form and said i can do that!!!!! Wonderful, cuz my parents are very well settled here n that sure will b a big help.

Honestly I doubt that would work since your parents are not in the US, right? How could the I-864 be enforced on someone who lives outside the US and is neither a LPR or USC?

If it was your assets I think it would be different and you could make-up the difference by having 3x the shortfall in readily available assets. If your parents are well off enough maybe the could "gift" you & your husband enough cash to sit in his bank account long enough for the process.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

assets rule

USC - 1/3 of total value to make up the difference

Beneficiary (if IV unit allows) 1/5 of total value to make up the difference.

I am uncertain if beneficiary's parent's assets can be used, if not in beneficiary's name.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Honestly I doubt that would work since your parents are not in the US, right? How could the I-864 be enforced on someone who lives outside the US and is neither a LPR or USC?

If it was your assets I think it would be different and you could make-up the difference by having 3x the shortfall in readily available assets. If your parents are well off enough maybe the could "gift" you & your husband enough cash to sit in his bank account long enough for the process.

Well the consul said exactly this: "i havent seen it done, but that dont mean it cant b done"...he first too said wont b possible since they dont live in the USA, but i argued that they dont, but perhpas if i ever get in financial troubles...they will b the first ones after my husband who will help me financialy....n then he said what he said...n wen afterwards i was given the form i asked again if i can include my parents bank accounts n they confirmed.... :blink:

Timeline

How do you plan to handle these two questions on the I-864?

5734544758_e10c157698_b.jpg

Looks like using your non-resident alien parents won't be an option.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.