carl610

We did not take photos

38 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

What other proof do you have that you met (boarding passes, hotel receipts etc)?

Do you plan on visiting again before the interview?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Photos is are very important. It'll be a supporting document that you two have really met each other. Did you keep all the receipts that you have when you visited the Philippines? If yes, you can use it as evidences when you file but Im sure they would want to see pictures too.

K1 Timeline

02-28-11 I-29F SENT

06-01-11 PETITION APPROVED

07-15-11 VISA APPROVED

AOS Timeline

03-02-12 I-485 SENT

05-22-12 INTERVIEW APPROVED

ROC Timeline

04-18-14 I-751 SENT

07-29-14 APPROVED

Naturalization Timeline

06-29-16 N400 SENT

08-02-16 BIOMETRICS

10-12-16 INTERVIEW

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiance and I met the last week of my visit to Manila and we did not take photos because no camera. What do you suggest we do? Are photo necessary?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Photos are indeed important, they are evidence you have personally met. Tickets, hotel receipts etc. are important also but show you were in Manila, not necessarily meeting her. I think this is the approach USCIS will take if you send in a 129f package minus pics. I really think your 129f will be denied or receive a RFE without pics.

I see two choices. 1) Go back for a visit taking proper pics with both of you together

2) Take a chance by submitting the 129f sans pics and hope for no RFE.

Maybe someone else here has experience with this..............

Edited by gary9891

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I would disagree with the general consensus of the thread.

All you need to do is provide evidence in support of your answer to Q18 on the I-129F petition.

If your answer is (for example) "Yes, we were together in Manila between 11/22/2010 and 11/29/2010", then you need to provide proof that you were both in Manila between these dates.

Boarding pass stubs, travel itineraries, hotel invoices, etc, would all be classed as strong, primary evidence.

Photos are (and have always been) classed as secondary evidence, consulted in the absence of compelling primary evidence. If you have enough primary evidence, there's no reason to worry about not submitting photos.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I would disagree with the general consensus of the thread.

All you need to do is provide evidence in support of your answer to Q18 on the I-129F petition.

If your answer is (for example) "Yes, we were together in Manila between 11/22/2010 and 11/29/2010", then you need to provide proof that you were both in Manila between these dates.

Boarding pass stubs, travel itineraries, hotel invoices, etc, would all be classed as strong, primary evidence.

Photos are (and have always been) classed as secondary evidence, consulted in the absence of compelling primary evidence. If you have enough primary evidence, there's no reason to worry about not submitting photos.

You misinterpret the meaning of secondary evidence. It's not "consulted in the absence of primary evidence". It supports the primary evidence, and is supported by the primary evidence.

There are generally two things the adjudicator wants proven to his or her satisfaction. First, that the petitioner and beneficiary were in the same place at the same time. Second, that the petitioner and beneficiary met each other during that time. Primary evidence usually proves the first requirement, and is usually much more credible on it's face than secondary evidence. Secondary evidence usually proves the second requirement, and is usually less credible on it's face but is more believable with sufficient supporting primary evidence. A lack of primary evidence makes the secondary evidence substantially less conclusive. Conversely, a lack of secondary evidence means you can't prove you actually met. Even if you could prove you were at the same party in the same city on the same day, that still wouldn't be adequate proof you actually met each other at that party.

Unless you've got notarized affidavits signed in front of the same notary at the same time, you'll probably get an RFE if you don't include some photos. There are plenty of VJ members who've submitted plenty of primary evidence and gotten RFE's for photos.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kyrgyzstan
Timeline

Even if you could get the petition approved by USCIS, your evidence of a continuing relationship might seem fairly weak at the embassy interview stage. You will want to meet again at some point in this process to collect more evidence.

My fiance and I met the last week of my visit to Manila and we did not take photos because no camera. What do you suggest we do? Are photo necessary?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I find it strange that you meet the ''lady of yr dreams '' and you did not take pics . Photos with a camera phone would have done the job . Or go in a photo studio and take some pics for about 200 --300 pesos . As Jim and others said --it is a secondary evidence that supports the primary evidence . Boarding passes /hotel receipts only prove that you were in the PI. Good luck .

-400 CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

01-17-2015 = N-400 packet sent (to P.O. Box Dallas via USPS Priority Mail)
01-21-2015 = N-400 packet delivered
01/25/2015 = E confirmation / Text received

01/26/2015 = Check cashed .

02/02/2015 = NOA1 received (Priority Date 01/21/2015)
02/09/2015 = Biometrics Letter received .

02/18/2015 = Biometrics

02/20/2015 = In line for interview

04/10/2015 = Interview Letter received .

05/11/2015 =Interview .

05/11/2015 = Passed Interview
07/01/2015 = Oath letter received
07/24/2015 = Oath Cerememony

Filed: Timeline

You didn't go there for her but you met her there. You don't have a cell phone with a camera or you couldn't buy a disposable one for $10? I would think you would have trouble proving you met in person. I was with my fiancé in Russia and in those two weeks I bet we took 200 pics. Not for proof...but just so I can look at us together until I het her here.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I find it strange that you meet the ''lady of yr dreams '' and you did not take pics .

You didn't go there for her but you met her there. You don't have a cell phone with a camera or you couldn't buy a disposable one for $10? I would think you would have trouble proving you met in person. I was with my fiancé in Russia and in those two weeks I bet we took 200 pics. Not for proof...but just so I can look at us together until I het her here.

I hate photos. They're a hassle. Especially when you have to ask a stranger to take a photo of you in front of a fountain or something.

Also, I have a memory.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Most of the pics that I submitted of my fiance and myself were taken by me. I didn't want to bother anyone but knew I wanted to be able to look at the photos when I returned to the States. I have to agree with RichieRich if I were reviewing you case I would find it hard to believe you met the girl you want to make your wife and didn't want atleast one photo atleast to treasure when you returned home. That would make me very suspicious. Sorry!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

At I129F stage you do not need any pictures, only primary evidence. Just send boarding passes, and hotel receipt and copy of the entry stamp and you will be fine. You will need them at the interview stage though.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.