crazymazy

Interview harassment or what ?

31 posts in this topic

After 8 mos we finally went to our interview in Houston, TX . Our letter had been sent to the old address but luckily our our 6 mos old change of address with the Post office came though and the letter was forwarded to our new place. When we had our infopass back in march we questioned our address than and verified they had the right address as we had missed my husband bio appt due to the same issue.

So we get there at 7 am Thursday morning - 2 hour drive from where we live. We got called right in, verified our ID's. took our proof's - joint lease, joint checking, joint savings, car insurance.

Then he removed my husband from the room and started asking me questions:

- How much did I make - i told him but also told him if h was going to ask my husband this - my husband would not know - I pay the bills and we really don't discuss money stuff - I have always been this way plus my husband is a guy - the officer said he took offense to this because he was a guy and he handled the bills in his household which I told him he had a lucky wife as neither of my ex's had ever handled the bills and cash flow.

- asked me where I worked, what hours, what I did there

- who was my emergency contact at work - said my husband and he said really ? could he verify this and said yes and that he is also my beneficiary on my life insurance

= asked me what we did for my birthday, my husbands birthday, valentines days (I could not remember - and I told him this )

- when was our last vacation - told him we went to Austin and stayed with fiends over Memorial day - he asked who's friends - said our friends - he said "our?" so expanded - was my friends than met my husband - now OUR friends

- where did my husband work what hours

- did my husband take any medicine - no - he is a health nut

- when was last time we had sex - this past weekend

- do we use any type of birth control ? - no

THEN he looked at me - and said "he wanted me to know THEY have "confidential" information that my husband has told someone in Romania that he is not romantically involved with me.." - I said no way and he argued with me saying yes they know this was true, so then dawned on me ####### he was doing and I said - you know what - you are talking about when he 1st applied for a visitor visa 2 years ago and we were advised to do this so he would not be considered a flight risk.

Than caught in his little game of BS he admitted it was this and told me was serious business to lie to a government official.

So then he bought back in my husband - asked him about my pay - sure enough could not tell him how much I make but could tell him my hours and how often I get paid. Could not tell him where I work, but could tell him what I do and what we sell, and my boss's name.

- then he asked him about what we did for my birthday - my husband remembered we had dinner with my daughter and her husband - which made me laughed because I had forgotten this - so I got to leave the room :(

So after about 20 mins got called back in and asked to read statement signed for k-1 about fake marriage and penalty if caught doing this and asked if this was my signature. And if I understood this statement. Said yes

The guy said he was going to asked for updated support form as I have new job and some "other stuff" but he would out in letter than make decision.

When we left I asked my husband what he was asked and this is what he said

- about vacation - he said Austin just like me but the officer kept saying "what about Galveston ? " which I had never said anything and my husband said he finally said look we went to Galveston one day for beach but was not vacation

- then he asked him if I took any medicine ( which th guy did not even ask me ) and my husband said no

- asked him about us moving to new place - did I break lease and what happened to old place we lived at - and my husband was like ?? was rent place so guess was rent out again - did she break contract ? - no was there over yr and lease was up - said he made big issue about this

- asked him his age - said 31 but was not sure (lol)

- asked him where he worked

- asked him if we used birth control

the guy never mention the "not romantically involved #######" or asked him when was last time we had sex

So we don't know out come BUT I tell you this - an about freaking fed up with going though freaking interview from heck at every point in this game - this one took the cake.

I need to know where I can file complaint or if I can - we have great marriage and love each other and am so sick of this #######.

Event Date
Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Bucharest, Romania
I-129F Sent : 2009-04-21
I-129F Received: 2009-04-23
Check Cashed: 2009-04-27
I-129F NOA1 : 2009-04-28
I-129F NOA2 : 2009-08-26 !!!!!!! biggrin.png
NVC Received : 2009-08-28
NVC Left: 2009-09-30 FINALLY AP SUCKS
Consulate Received :2009-10-01
Packet 3 Received :2009-10-01
Packet 3 Sent :2009-10-06
Medical: 2009-10-19
Interview Date :2009-10-21
Visa Received :2009-10-21
US Entry :2009-10-26
Marriage :12/12/2009 biggrin.png
AOS Mailed UPS: 01/18/2010
AOS Package Received: 01/19/2010
I-485 Approval: 01/28/2011
I-751 Sent: 01/15/2013
I-751 Received: 01/16/2013
ROC:
01/14/2013 I-751 package sent.
01/15/2013 package received.
01/16/2013 check cashed.
06/07/2013 RFE - More evidence

09/12/2013 RFE Returned with full 4 years of Evidence packet

12/02/2012 - Received Approval letter !!

​12-12-2013 - 4 year anniversary smile.png

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Singapore
Timeline

After 8 mos we finally went to our interview in Houston, TX . Our letter had been sent to the old address but luckily our our 6 mos old change of address with the Post office came though and the letter was forwarded to our new place. When we had our infopass back in march we questioned our address than and verified they had the right address as we had missed my husband bio appt due to the same issue.

So we get there at 7 am Thursday morning - 2 hour drive from where we live. We got called right in, verified our ID's. took our proof's - joint lease, joint checking, joint savings, car insurance.

Then he removed my husband from the room and started asking me questions:

- How much did I make - i told him but also told him if h was going to ask my husband this - my husband would not know - I pay the bills and we really don't discuss money stuff - I have always been this way plus my husband is a guy - the officer said he took offense to this because he was a guy and he handled the bills in his household which I told him he had a lucky wife as neither of my ex's had ever handled the bills and cash flow.

- asked me where I worked, what hours, what I did there

- who was my emergency contact at work - said my husband and he said really ? could he verify this and said yes and that he is also my beneficiary on my life insurance

= asked me what we did for my birthday, my husbands birthday, valentines days (I could not remember - and I told him this )

- when was our last vacation - told him we went to Austin and stayed with fiends over Memorial day - he asked who's friends - said our friends - he said "our?" so expanded - was my friends than met my husband - now OUR friends

- where did my husband work what hours

- did my husband take any medicine - no - he is a health nut

- when was last time we had sex - this past weekend

- do we use any type of birth control ? - no

THEN he looked at me - and said "he wanted me to know THEY have "confidential" information that my husband has told someone in Romania that he is not romantically involved with me.." - I said no way and he argued with me saying yes they know this was true, so then dawned on me ####### he was doing and I said - you know what - you are talking about when he 1st applied for a visitor visa 2 years ago and we were advised to do this so he would not be considered a flight risk.

Than caught in his little game of BS he admitted it was this and told me was serious business to lie to a government official.

So then he bought back in my husband - asked him about my pay - sure enough could not tell him how much I make but could tell him my hours and how often I get paid. Could not tell him where I work, but could tell him what I do and what we sell, and my boss's name.

- then he asked him about what we did for my birthday - my husband remembered we had dinner with my daughter and her husband - which made me laughed because I had forgotten this - so I got to leave the room :(

So after about 20 mins got called back in and asked to read statement signed for k-1 about fake marriage and penalty if caught doing this and asked if this was my signature. And if I understood this statement. Said yes

The guy said he was going to asked for updated support form as I have new job and some "other stuff" but he would out in letter than make decision.

When we left I asked my husband what he was asked and this is what he said

- about vacation - he said Austin just like me but the officer kept saying "what about Galveston ? " which I had never said anything and my husband said he finally said look we went to Galveston one day for beach but was not vacation

- then he asked him if I took any medicine ( which th guy did not even ask me ) and my husband said no

- asked him about us moving to new place - did I break lease and what happened to old place we lived at - and my husband was like ?? was rent place so guess was rent out again - did she break contract ? - no was there over yr and lease was up - said he made big issue about this

- asked him his age - said 31 but was not sure (lol)

- asked him where he worked

- asked him if we used birth control

the guy never mention the "not romantically involved #######" or asked him when was last time we had sex

So we don't know out come BUT I tell you this - an about freaking fed up with going though freaking interview from heck at every point in this game - this one took the cake.

I need to know where I can file complaint or if I can - we have great marriage and love each other and am so sick of this #######.

I'm not sure what your complaint is really. Your husband lied on his tourist visa application and led them to believe he is romantically involved with another woman - obviously this sent up a red flag, which led USCIS to grill you more thoroughly than other couples.

08/22/06 - First entered USA on F-1

02/14/09 - Met The One

08/15/09 - Graduated with Masters degree

09/28/09 - Started OPT employment

01/15/10 - Engaged!

02/06/10 - Legally married (wedding not till 09/05/10)

05/04/10 - Mailed I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131 via Priority Mail

05/07/10 - Packet delivered to Chicago

05/11/10 - NOA1 via text and email

05/12/10 - Checks cashed

05/13/10 - NOA1 received in mail

05/17/10 - Biometrics letter in mail

06/08/10 - Scheduled Biometrics @ St Paul, MN office

06/25/10 - Interview letter received!

07/15/10 - EAD and AP approved

07/20/10 - AP received

07/26/10 - Scheduled interview - APPROVED!

07/29/10 - EAD and welcome letter received

08/09/10 - Green card received! :)

They asked you when you last had sex?? Jeez....

USCIS

21.5.10 - NOA1

17.11.10 - NOA2 (there was a hold up due to incorrect information put on forms by our lawyer)

NVC

16.12.10 - All fees paid and everything received at NVC

05.1.11 - SIF and CC for my case only. Get RFE for my 2 sons as lawyer made ANOTHER mistake and made errors on I-864's for the children.

10.1.11 - Corrected I-864's received at NVC via Fedex

14.11.11 - Corrected paperwork entered on system according to AVR

17.1.11 - Medicals done

27.1.11 - My husband calls his senator's office and asks for help to get things moving.

31.1.11 - Finally got SIF for my sons!

01.2.11 - CC (Phoned DOS as NVC shut due to weather and they told me paperwork was completed at NVC on 1st Feb)

10.2.11 - Interview date assigned

15.3.11 - Interview - APPROVED!!!

24.3.11 - POE - Dallas, TX

event.png

I'm not sure what your complaint is really. Your husband lied on his tourist visa application and led them to believe he is romantically involved with another woman - obviously this sent up a red flag, which led USCIS to grill you more thoroughly than other couples.

I agree.

The OP can scream and yell "entrapment" but the fact was that a lawyer (or a misinformed friend) told him to lie.

Then she's caught in a double lie by signing a statement not to lie and she denied what her husband did.

The questions about their sex life led STRAIGHT to what the IO was getting at.

Instead of saying he lied to the immigration officer they just used hearsay about a 3rd party report

(inadmissible in court maybe but fair game here because the OP went for the bait).

It was a very clever trap and the OP fell for it hook, line & sinker.

The IO didn't have to say WHO the outside party was. That someone in Romania was an immigration officer.

If challenged, he would have said "your husband made that statement to an immigration officer."

Silence.

Edited by thongd4me

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

There may have been some issues that raised suspicions to the interviewer, but his behavior was still unacceptable! :huh: What happened to the speech that people must be treated with respect bla bla and considered innocent until proven guilty? It's upsetting to me to realize that for some this is just in theory. Anyway, I hope you can file a complaint with his superiors and will let us know the outcome. Good luck!

Our Love Story's 1st page: June 15, 2008

K 1: 98 days!
May 11 - August 17, 2010 APPROVED!!!
POE: September 14, 2010 Chicago, IL
Wedding Day: September 22, 2010

AOS from K1: 96 days!
November 19, 2010 - February 24, 2011 APPROVED!!!
November 19, 2010: AOS, EAD & AP applications mailed
December 20, 2010: Biometrics (day 31)
January 18, 2011: case transfered to CSC (day 60)
February 10, 2011: EAD & AP approved! (day 83)
February 24, 2011: GC production ordered! (day 96)

Removing conditions: 5 months and 30 days!
December 6, 2012: package mailed
December 10, 2012: NOA 1 (day 4)

June, 5, 2013: APPROVED!!!

June, 10 2013: 10 yr GC received

event.png

an1cHsW0g410610MjAwMTU1bHwyNTY0MzkxbGF8d

Fook it! Put it behind you and forget it. Pile up more pics of you and hubby at parties, holidays and on trips and get ready to remove conditions.

Yeah I have a USCIS agent I'd like to this day meet in a dark alley. Wife and daughter have their USC now so I could make that guy feel the way he made me feel and then SOME. :devil:

Probably put that crabs in the picture pincers where it would give him a free vasectomy! : :wacko:

Edited by Dakine

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

You've just been Stoke'd.

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I agree with Alla, officials have not done anything wrong nor there was any harassment I am sorry you find it diff, but thats the only way they can determine if this is a legit relation and not a fraud.

With your husbands prior history of lying they will go deep and even fabricate story just to make sure how confident you are and you strongly you can refute their story.

With you not remebering what you guys did on Bday and Aniv, your husband not knowing how much you bring home, where you work yes those are basic question and raise the flag.

I have even heard where they would ask wht color is your bedsheet at home etc.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

a IO have the right to ask you anything if they feel your marriage is fraud. if you think that interview was a harassment then you better pray that you don't get a secone interview meaning a stroke interview..

They asked you when you last had sex?? Jeez....

I thought they could not ask any embarrassing questions. i saw one couple who responded with "2hrs ago" :P

when it comes time for our AOS i will tell them nonya on that tyoe of thing becasue that is not allowed.

if you gave your info (receipt #s, full name, etc) to anyone on VJ under the guise that they would "help" you through the immigration journey with his inside contacts (like his sister at USCIS) ... please contact OLUInquiries@dhs.gov, and go to http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact to report anything suspicious. Contact your congressman and senator's offices as well.

I thought they could not ask any embarrassing questions. i saw one couple who responded with "2hrs ago" :P

when it comes time for our AOS i will tell them nonya on that tyoe of thing becasue that is not allowed.

Who told you that? They can ask you whatever they want, to get evidence of a bonafide relationship.

ETA: If you refuse to answer their questions, they can refuse you a green card. They are not obligated to give you one.

Edited by ValerieA

Post on Adjudicators's Field Manual re: AOS and Intent: My link
Wedding Date: 06/14/2009
POE at Pearson Airport - for a visit, did not intend to stay - 10/09/2009
Found VisaJourney and created an account - 10/19/2009

I-130 (approved as part of the CR-1 process):
Sent 10/01/2009
NOA1 10/07/2009
NOA2 02/10/2010

AOS:
NOA 05/14/2010
Interview - approved! 07/29/10 need to send in completed I-693 (doctor missed answering a couple of questions) - sent back same day
Green card received 08/20/10

ROC:
Sent 06/01/2012
Approved 02/27/2013

Green card received 05/08/2013

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

FILING A COMPLAINT ABOUT IMMIGRATION,

VISA & CUSTOMS PROCESSING

Revised Date: March 2008

There is an established procedure whereby you can directly report any incident of misconduct, mistreatment, or allegations of abuse, fraud, waste, or mismanagement in the immigration, visa and customs process. Formal complaints with good cause are taken seriously and help sensitize officials about areas for improvement when abuses and ill treatment occur. Such complaints become part of the official record of the officers involved and the department in issue, and ultimately help to improve the immigration process. Further, such complaints are also usually required before other legal remedies such as court action are deemed appropriate.

1. COMPLAINTS CONCERNING TREATMENT BY USCIS (U.S. CITIZENSHIP & IMMIGRATION SERVICES), AND CUSTOMS AND BORDER ENFORCEMENT

Office of Inspector General (OIG), U.S. Department of Homeland Security

If you have knowledge of fraud, waste, abuse, or mismanagement in any Homeland Security program or operation, call, write or e-mail the Office of Inspector General. When making a report, it is suggested by Inspector General's office, that you convey as much information as possible such as: Who? What? Where? How? Complaints may be made anonymously or you may request confidentiality.

Office of Inspector General

U.S. Department of Homeland Security

Washington, DC 20528 USA

DHS OIG Hotline at: (800) 323-8603

E-mail: DHS@dhs.gov

2. COMPLAINTS SPECIFICALLY ABOUT TREATMENT BY USCIS (U.S. CITIZENSHIP & IMMIGRATION SERVICES)

USCIS Office of Internal Audit (OIA)

Written complaints are accepted on in the mail. OIA policy is that A. complaints will be kept confidential unless disclosure is required by law in a legal or administrative proceeding, and B. that there is a strict prohibition against any retaliation for submitting a complaint.

Director, Office of Internal Audit

USCIS

425 I St., NW

Room 3260

Washington, DC 20536 USA

3. COMPLAINTS SPECIFICALLY ABOUT TREATMENT BY U.S. CONSULATES AND EMBASSIES ABROAD

Office of Inspector General (OIG), U.S. Department of State

Complaints can be made via telephone call, e-mail or standard mail regarding visa and passport malfeasance, employee misconduct, misuse of public position and related misconduct. Confidentiality over the Internet cannot be assured. Helpful information would be: What is the problem? Who is involved? When, where and why did it happen? Is there any documentation? Passport and visa issuance problems report first to Telephone Number: 202-663-1225.

Office of Inspector General (HOTLINE)

U.S. Department of State

P.O. Box 9778

Arlington, VA 22219 USA

Tel: 1-800-409-9926

E-Mail: oighotline@state.gov

or

Office of Inspector General

U.S. Department of State

Room 6817

Washington, DC 20520-6817 USA

Tel: 202-647-9450 Fax: 202-647-7660

Cables should be captioned: "OIG Channel-State" to ensure confidentiality

4. COMPLAINTS CAN ALSO BE DIRECTED TO YOUR LOCAL CONGRESSMAN'S OFFICE

Contact Your Local Congressman's (or Congresswoman's) office, specifically the Immigration Liaison staff person in the office. Register your complaint or dissatisfaction in writing. Congressmen's offices record the views and opinions of constituents, and take them into account in committee hearings, fact-finding reports and ultimately votes on the floor for new legislation.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

unfortunately if you have been caught in any lie or mishap with USCIS all credibility is out the door and they can deny any chance for immigration, times are getting tougher by the moment for immigration and with the global scenarios involving terrorism ( not saying anyone here is such ) they have just cause to be cautious in any case.

this does not mean the end of your journey, but I will bet if the boat is rocked any more USCIS will just ban the party involve and be done with it... regardless, sorry, their job is not to emotionally care, just do their job and not let any questions be unanswered!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.