ilovefood

Expect drastic changes in the immigration system

38 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

With all this talk about people suddenly getting their NOA2's well ahead of schedule (I'm one of them, though I waited 80 days), and nobody on this site knowing why, I decided to do some reading. Take a look at this:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/Working-Tog...gration-Reform/

Obama's interest in immigration reform seems to be the primary reason we're seeing things speed up. They claim the backlog of background checks has been getting smaller, and that they're going to use "cutting edge technology" to get rid of much of the (redundant) paperwork. I can only assume (hope) this means everything's moving online, and once we submit our initial information we get some sort of "ticket number" we mail in with our evidence. This reform will also alleviate issues with immigration fraud (which, hopefully, none of the VisaJourney folks are engaging in).

Good luck guys, looks like things are going to get easier for future filers!!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
With all this talk about people suddenly getting their NOA2's well ahead of schedule (I'm one of them, though I waited 80 days), and nobody on this site knowing why, I decided to do some reading. Take a look at this:

Obama's interest in immigration reform seems to be the primary reason we're seeing things speed up. They claim the backlog of background checks has been getting smaller, and that they're going to use "cutting edge technology" to get rid of much of the (redundant) paperwork. I can only assume (hope) this means everything's moving online, and once we submit our initial information we get some sort of "ticket number" we mail in with our evidence. This reform will also alleviate issues with immigration fraud (which, hopefully, none of the VisaJourney folks are engaging in).

Not a K-1 visa general discussion issue... moving thread

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

:rofl:

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Well thank you Obama!!

Timeline:

10/29/07: First time we met in Bangalore

11/19/07: Realized we were in love

02/22/08: Her next trip to India

04/18/08: She left India

05/30/08: My first trip to US

06/09/08: Left for India

02/12/09: Visited her again for Valentines

05/27/09: Mailed application to Vermont Service Center

06/01/09: Received NOA1

07/09/09: Visited her again in US

09/13/09: Received NOA2

09/22/09: Beth received letter from National Visa Center saying package was received and will be forwarded to Chennai within the week

09/25/09: Received email from Chennai with all the docs and interview date of October 29, 2009.

10/29/09: Interview in Chennai. Visa APPROVED!!!

12/10/09: Arrived at DFW, 5 min at the POE & i am in, apparently the officer who interviewed got his wife to USA on K1 visa,what an irony

02/14/10: Wedding at Southfork Ranch in Dallas Texas

02/14/10: Headed for a honeymoon in Las Vegas :)

02/17/10: Back from honeymoon

02/22/10: Started thinking about AOS,EAD,AP (its too much paper work)

03/06/10: Filed the AOS,EAD,AP application

03/26/10: Received NOA for AOS,EAD,AP

04/05/10: Received NOA I-797C for AOS (Case transfered to CA CSC)

04/28/10: Received NOA I-797C for Bio-metrics appointment

05/18/10: Bio-Metrics taken at the Fort Worth ASC

05/20/10: Received my AP document :)

06/03/10: Received my EAD Card and a "Welcome Letter" stating my Permanent Resident Card will be mailed soon... :)

06/17/10: Received my Permanent Resident Card (Green Card) :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Yeah, and the economy is recovering nicely as well. :rofl:

Improvements in processing are encouraging to see.

The reform is a political football that will kicked around for quite a while.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

with 2010 elections right around the corner you should not be expecting any "drastic changes" in hte immigration system. the American people are fed up with .gov right now, and making things easier on aliens will not add to any congressman's job security.

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Then explain why I got my petition approved in 58 days at VSC when Bush was president. Please? And that was considered "normal" at the time. Explain why the CSC has been running much faster than VSC since late last summer. Explain why CSC was cranking out petitions in 30 days back in January and now seems to have slowed. Was Obama only interested in petitions at CSC? And now he is interested only in petitions at VSC? The service centers have a long history of speeding up and slowing down and reversing which is faster for no reason they will explain, but most likely has nothing to do with background checks which normally take a few seconds. If your name comes up on a "bad guy" list they do a manual check, which we are told has been speeded up, not by anything related to immigration, but by improvements at the FBI related to national security. Immigration and K visas are a collateral beneficiary of that.

When VSC doubles their speed, from 80 days to 40 days...on average, not for a few isolated cases, they will be back about the same place as they were in Bush's first term. And no, I am not a Bush lover, quite the opposite. Only demonstrating the ridiculous.

There have been no changes implemented by Obama to speed this process. You are seeing a normal flucuation of timelines.

It is like this.... the weather here is much cooler than last month, must be Obama's global warming initiatives??? Must be. If this keeps up we may see SNOW within a couple months! Some people are even preparing to go SKIING if Obama keeps having such success!

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Then explain why I got my petition approved in 58 days at VSC when Bush was president. Please? And that was considered "normal" at the time. Explain why the CSC has been running much faster than VSC since late last summer. Explain why CSC was cranking out petitions in 30 days back in January and now seems to have slowed. Was Obama only interested in petitions at CSC? And now he is interested only in petitions at VSC? The service centers have a long history of speeding up and slowing down and reversing which is faster for no reason they will explain, but most likely has nothing to do with background checks which normally take a few seconds. If your name comes up on a "bad guy" list they do a manual check, which we are told has been speeded up, not by anything related to immigration, but by improvements at the FBI related to national security. Immigration and K visas are a collateral beneficiary of that.

When VSC doubles their speed, from 80 days to 40 days...on average, not for a few isolated cases, they will be back about the same place as they were in Bush's first term. And no, I am not a Bush lover, quite the opposite. Only demonstrating the ridiculous.

There have been no changes implemented by Obama to speed this process. You are seeing a normal flucuation of timelines.

It is like this.... the weather here is much cooler than last month, must be Obama's global warming initiatives??? Must be. If this keeps up we may see SNOW within a couple months! Some people are even preparing to go SKIING if Obama keeps having such success!

:rofl: Ouch! :rofl:

Mailed n-400 : 4-3-14

USCIS Received : 4-4-14

NOA1 Sent : 4-8-14

Biometrics Appt Letter Sent : 4-14-14

Biometrics Appt : 5-5-14

usaflag.gifphilippinesflag.gif

Poverty Guidelines : http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf
VisaJourney Guides : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=guides
K1 Flowchart : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k1flow
K1/K3 AOS Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3aos
ROC Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/content/751guide

DSC04023-1.jpg0906091800.jpg93dc3e19-1345-4995-9126-121c2d709290.jpg

You mean they are moving away from the IDAS? (International Dust Accumulation Standard)

That's where they actually do something once a required amount of dust has built up on your file.

The newer building filtration systems has actually caused the case time to increase due to the slower dust build-up.

Ako gugma ko GWAPA asawa Kathlene!

(I love my BEAUTIFUL wife Kathlene!)

_________

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."

George Bernard Shaw

my petition for IR1 have been finished for 61 days, thanky you Obama you are the best

I-130 approved after 62 days

NVC journey

09-18-2009 entered in system NVC

09-22-2009 asigned case number

09-24-2009 mailed and e-mailed my 3032

09-29-2009 AOS shown paid

09-26-2009 recived AOS (AVR)

10-05-2009 accepted DS3032

10-05-2009 invoiced IV bill

10-13-2009 recived by email confirmation DS3032 (STRANGE)

10-16-2009 sent DS230

10-19-2009 AVR said some documents are missing and they are incomplete we got RFE false

10-21-2009 recived email for missing documents-checklist

10-19-2009 delivered DS230 by USPS

10-23-2009 AVR recived checklist

10-29-2009 log in fail - case complete confirmed official by OP

11-10-2009 medical exam passed

11-03-2009 papers forwarded to sarajevo embassy

12-09-2009 INTERVIEW SCHEDULED visa approved

14 December POE

29 December got green card

30 December got driving license

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh yes, the immigration system is a finely tuned machine. According to my package 3 it will only take another 5 months to get an interview! What a great time to be alive!

=================

K1 Section

=================

Sent I-129F - 03/25/2009

Visa in Hand -11/23/2009

US Entry - 11/26/2009

Wedding - 12/26/2009

=================

AOS Section

=================

AOS, EAD, AP Forms Sent - 01/06/2010

Biometrics - 02/11/2010

EAD/AP Approved - 02/23/2010

--------------------------------

Ceremonial Wedding - 06/17/2010

Can he make Montreal go faster? :lol:

Waiting 3+ months just to be assigned an interview is just ridiculous.

Edited by Rhiann

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.