Krystina and Andy

Our experience with civil surgeons today....

29 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline
I have an appointment with a civil surgeon here in Fayetteville, AR tomorrow and don't know how much it will cost. If it turns out to be very expensive can I then get whatever shots and tests I need elsewhere and use a civil surgeon just for the paperwork? Also, can I use any civil surgeon? I have seen on here that there is someone in TX that will do the paperwork through the mail for #10. Could I use that CS though I live in AR? Thanks.

Yes you can.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
I have an appointment with a civil surgeon here in Fayetteville, AR tomorrow and don't know how much it will cost. If it turns out to be very expensive can I then get whatever shots and tests I need elsewhere and use a civil surgeon just for the paperwork? Also, can I use any civil surgeon? I have seen on here that there is someone in TX that will do the paperwork through the mail for #10. Could I use that CS though I live in AR? Thanks.

The doctor in Texas completes the supplement for people all over the U.S.

K-1 & I-601 Waiver Timeline 4/7/06 to 9/12/07

4/7/06: I-129 K-1 Application mailed

4/20/06: NOA Receipt

6/23/06: Req for Evidence

8/31/06: NOA

9/28/06: NOA- NVC rcvd I-129

10/12 & 11/9: Rcvd CDJ Ltr- processing Visa

12/6/06: CDJ Interview - Denied - I-601 Waiver Required

12/18/06: I-601 filed

8/6/07: Waiver Approval

8/22/07: Waiver Approval letter received

9/4/07: Open Appointment Letter Rcvd (postmarked 8/31/07 from Texas)

9/9/07: Arrive in CDJ for Open Appt

9/10/07: Open Appointment

9/12/07: RECEIVED K-1 VISA!

AOS - 10/8/07 to 11/21/07

9/14/07: Entered the United States

9/21/07: Happliy Married!

10/6/07: AOS Packet Mailed to Chicago Lockbox!

10/8/07: Return Receipt stamped received by USCIS

10/19/07: NOA Receipt for AOS & EAD received

10/24/07: Case Online at USCIS.gov

10/25/07: Touched

11/3/07: Biometrics Appointment

11/5/07: Touched

11/14/07: Appointment Letter received

11/16/07: EAD Production ordered.

11/21/07: AOS Interview - Approved - Hubby is Legal Permanent Resident (Conditional)

11/23/07: Registered Customer's new permanent resident status (Online Case Status)

11/25/07: Touched - Production of EAD ordered (Online Case Status)

11/26/07: On November 26, 2007, we ordered production of your new card (Green Card).

11/28/07: Received EAD Card!

11/30/07: Received Welcome to the U.S. Letter

12/1/07: Received GREEN CARD!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Wow, thanks for the speedy response guys! Glad to know I have options.

Send it to her overnight (oops, can't remember if she has a PO box or a physical addres) and if you want a speedier reply, provide an express mail envelope with the postage already included. Just a suggestion. I've heard that the turarnoud time is speedy.

K-1 & I-601 Waiver Timeline 4/7/06 to 9/12/07

4/7/06: I-129 K-1 Application mailed

4/20/06: NOA Receipt

6/23/06: Req for Evidence

8/31/06: NOA

9/28/06: NOA- NVC rcvd I-129

10/12 & 11/9: Rcvd CDJ Ltr- processing Visa

12/6/06: CDJ Interview - Denied - I-601 Waiver Required

12/18/06: I-601 filed

8/6/07: Waiver Approval

8/22/07: Waiver Approval letter received

9/4/07: Open Appointment Letter Rcvd (postmarked 8/31/07 from Texas)

9/9/07: Arrive in CDJ for Open Appt

9/10/07: Open Appointment

9/12/07: RECEIVED K-1 VISA!

AOS - 10/8/07 to 11/21/07

9/14/07: Entered the United States

9/21/07: Happliy Married!

10/6/07: AOS Packet Mailed to Chicago Lockbox!

10/8/07: Return Receipt stamped received by USCIS

10/19/07: NOA Receipt for AOS & EAD received

10/24/07: Case Online at USCIS.gov

10/25/07: Touched

11/3/07: Biometrics Appointment

11/5/07: Touched

11/14/07: Appointment Letter received

11/16/07: EAD Production ordered.

11/21/07: AOS Interview - Approved - Hubby is Legal Permanent Resident (Conditional)

11/23/07: Registered Customer's new permanent resident status (Online Case Status)

11/25/07: Touched - Production of EAD ordered (Online Case Status)

11/26/07: On November 26, 2007, we ordered production of your new card (Green Card).

11/28/07: Received EAD Card!

11/30/07: Received Welcome to the U.S. Letter

12/1/07: Received GREEN CARD!

Wow, thanks for the speedy response guys! Glad to know I have options.

Send it to her overnight (oops, can't remember if she has a PO box or a physical addres) and if you want a speedier reply, provide an express mail envelope with the postage already included. Just a suggestion. I've heard that the turarnoud time is speedy.

It is speedy. We sent ours a few days before Thanksgiving and could tell by the postmark that it had been sent back out within a day or two. It's not a PO Box, either.

Just starting the journey, haven't yet filed... Until today(2/12/07)!

K-1

2/12/07 - Mailed I-129F via USPS Priority w/ Delivery Confirmation

2/16/07 - VSC received package

2/22/07 - Check has been deposited, now I can track!

2/23/07 - NOA1 Received via snail mail

3/9/07 - NOA2 via email!

3/15/07 - NOA2 via snail mail

3/19/07 - Called NVC, case sent to embassy on 3/15/07

4/19/07 - DS230 submitted to embassy

4/30/07 - Email from embassy: Interview scheduled for 6/19/07!

5/30/07 - Medical

6/19/07 - Interview!!! - Approved!!!

7/6/07 - VISA delivered!!!

7/21/07 - Fiance arrives

AOS

11/30/07 - Mailed packet Priority w/signature

12/2/07 - Received in Chicago

12/7/07 - Check cashed

12/10/07 - Received 3 NOA1s via snail mail

12/27/07 - RFE - Tax returns

12/27/07 - RFE returned

1/3/08 - RFE received at Lee's Summit

1/8/08 - I-485 Receipt # shows up in case status

1/15/08 - Case transferred to CSC

1/30/08 - Email: EAD Card production ordered

2/1/08 - Email: AP approval

2/8/08 - EAD card received

4/4/08 - RFE for full medical

6/9/08 - RFE received at CSC (according to USPS)

6/16/08 - RFE received at CSC (according to USCIS)

6/19/08 - Card production ordered

6/24/08 - Approval email & Welcome letter in mail

6/26/08 - Card arrives in the mail

We had the same experience with Civil Surgeons here in MO. The one where I had my I-693A done wanted me to have the full medical for $250.00 :wacko: so we kind of discussed it over and over and over again. I showed him the printout that I got here where it states that if the applicant came thru K1 (like me), I won't need to repeat the physical, just the transcription of all the vaccines to the supplemental form. He didn't want to believe me and asked me where I got the information so I gave the USCIS website (instead, since it's also there) and he made his nurse verify it. They found out I wasn't making it up. They just said they weren't aware of the "new" USCIS policy. ;);) Since I already got all the shots I needed, he charged me $50.00 just for the I-693A. It seemed too much but we needed that paperwork so badly so we just paid for it.

--Mae

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Not to get your hopes up, but it seems to be taking about 3-4 months after mailing in AOS forms to get green card and that is if your case gets transferred to California Service Center, which also usually means no interview required. Otherwise it seems that most are in for a 4-6 month plus wait for interview date to get green card if all is going well.

There is absolutely no time frame for AOS and EVERY case is different. To give someone a time frame is poor form, imo, and will only serve to get their hopes up or worry them unduly if they are NOT approved within the 3-4 months you have stated.

As a rule AOS can take anything from 2 months to a year and up. There is no standard time frame as it depends, most of the time, on the FBI name check. There is no time frame for that at all; you simply can not tell how long someone's name check will take.

A transfer to CSC does not always indicate that you are RFE free or will not require an interview. There have been occasions where people have had a CSC transfer only to be transferred back to MSC and then onto their local field office for an interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

So where can I find the contact info for the doctor in Texas? I am getting the run around here in El Paso too...they are def. a rip off with it...

Feb. 16-Sent 129F to TSC.

Feb. 27-NOA1, received CSC.

Mar. 27-Found VJ, and became disappointed for not being able to use VSC.

Mar. 27-Applied for military expedite and got congressional help.

Mar. 28-touched.

Mar. 29-touched again.

Mar. 30-touched yet again.

Apr. 04-touched another time.

Apr. 05-touched some more.

May 15-touched once again.

May 15-NOA2. 78 days...WOW!!!

May 16-touched???(mail to NVC???).

May 18-Received Hard Copy NOA2.

May 21-NVC receives case!!!

May 23-NVC sends to Seoul!!!

Jun 04-Embassy receives case!!!

Jun 06-Receive Packet 3.

Jun 08-Receive Packet 4.

Jul 06-Interview.

Jul 06-APPROVED VISA

Aug 02-Arrived in US

Oct 29-Married

Soon, real soon for AOS, AP and EAD...just need time from the Army to do it with...

aW1hZ2UucGhwPzQ0Jk5PQTErcmVjZWl2ZWQuLi4mMDAwMDAwJjAwMDAwMCYxNSYxMiZjJjAmMjYmMiYyMDA3JjIwJjImNjU4ODk3MDAxMTc2OTc4Mzk1Lic=.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
So where can I find the contact info for the doctor in Texas? I am getting the run around here in El Paso too...they are def. a rip off with it...

here is the contact info...

Dr. L.E. Arnold

4534 Westgate Blvd., #106

Austin, Texas 78745

Tel: (512)444-3131

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

*****HERE IS THE NAME OF THE DOCTOR IN AUSTIN, TEXAS WHO WILL FINISH YOUR "SHOTS" FORM--CAN'T REMEMBER THE DANG NUMBER. THE LADY ANSWERING THE PHONE IS NAMED TAMMY AND IS VERY NICE.

DR. C. ARNOLD

PHONE # 512-444-3131

FAX: 512-447-4699

SOMETIMES THE PHONE IS BUSY, KEEP TRYING, LEAVE MESSAGE, THEY WILL RETURN YOUR PHONE CALL. JUST FOLLOW THROUGH AND MAKE SURE YOUR DOCTOR SENDS THE INFO QUICKLY AND THAT DR. ARNOLD'S OFFICE GETS IT OUT QUICKLY. THEY PROMISED 24 HOUR TURNAROUND, BUT HAD MY INFO ON MONDAY, SENT IT OUT ON A WEDNESDAY.

HOPE THIS HELPS!! DEBBIE

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I just wanted to post our experience with two civil surgeons today in case anyone ever searches about it. We were gobsmacked by our experience, and really hope that no one else has a repeat!!

We printed the list of civil surgeons from the USCIS website, and I put numbers alongside the nearest ones to our home for my husband to visit today. He had his vaccinations checked when he had his K-1 medical in London, but we knew he was probably going to need an MMR booster. My husband called ahead and asked about the price for the form ($35) so he made his way there while I was at work.

He called me at work 30 minutes later, and said that the doctor (Dr. Oscar Molina) told him he required two more shots. The doctor told him that the total for the shots and the form would cost $850.00. My husband stated that this seemed unusually high, but the doctor contended that since Andrew had several of the shots he required, he could do the other two and the form for the bargain price of $600.00. I told Andrew to tell the doctor where to go, and get the hell outta there.

We called number 2 on the list, and the receptionist stated that she couldn't give us a price over the phone, so to come on by and show the doctor our information. My husband sent me a text about twenty minutes after he arrived, saying that the doctor said he only needed one shot (the MMR booster) and the form would cost $35.00. The total came to $90.00!!!!

Obviously, we were mortified. The fact is, we could have paid the $600.00. It would have stung, but it wouldn't have ruined us. The thing that disturbs me beyond no rest is that there are many, many people out there who have visited that office, and they have been so spectacularly ripped off.

I am definitely taking this further (I'm a journalist by the way.) I just wanted this to be on the forums for future reference.

Good luck to you all,

Krystina and Andrew Disney

We are also in the DFW area. The name of the doctor sounds familiar to me. Is his office in Carrollton? A Civil surgeon (CS) in Carollton tried to ripped us by telling that I need to go through again the whole medical process but I insisted I need not do it again because I am done already and we even argued. He then told me to find another CS because he is not going to transfer my vaccination record to the form if he is not the one who will do the whole medical. So, I told him, sure I would love to find another one, anyway you are not the only CS here in DFW. Anyway, I only paid $10 for my TD shot in the Department of Health in our city and had my records transferred to the form for $25. The office of the civil surgeon that transferred my records to the form is in Flower Mound. He transferred it without any question.

By the way, my husband wrote a complain for the CS in Carrollton in the USCIS website. Hubby was a bit pissed off because we contacted his office prior to going there and they said they will only charge $30 for the transfer. After we waited for almost 2 hrs in his office, we were only told he won't transfer and sign it unless I will do the medical again. In Flower Mound, we never waited long because each patient or customer has a schedule to come, very organize indeed.

Anyway, just thankful we are done with it already. Goodluck to your hubby's AOS.

Marie

May 2007 - arrived in Texas

June 2007 - our "big day"

November 2007 - 2-yr GC received

December 2009 - 10-yr GC received

Citizenship by next year!!!!

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

i also had this experience in southern california. i think i called 10-15 doctors trying to find someone who would do the paper without the exam...then trying to find a doctor who would do the paper only for less than $90!!!!! i couldn't. and i didn't want to wait around for that doctor in texas so i paid the $90. took them 5 minutes to fill it out and hand it back to me! very frustrating indeed!

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.