18 posts in this topic

First of all, let me sincerely thank all of the people here on VJ who helped Aam and I through this entire process, from K1 petition through successful AOS (about 18 months total timeline). Aam and I did not use a lawyer for any of this process. The guides and practical experience of the VJ group was all that we needed, plus review of the USCIS and Thai Embassy websites.

Here is a quick review of our successful interview today in Detroit.

We arrived 45 minutes early, but they were ready for us. So, we didn’t have to wait. We went directly in to the interview.

The lady who interviewed us was extremely kind and compassionate, a true Angel! :innocent: Aam and I immediately felt at ease. She swore us in, and then told us that she would ask us some questions together, and that she then would like to talk to Aam alone.

Thanks to this VisaJourney website, we were very well organized and prepared for the interview. And as soon as we were sworn in, the lady who interviewed us said that our paperwork was in order, and didn’t spend any time reviewing it. I had submitted all types of ‘evidence’ <car/utilities/pictures/wedding certificate/emails/lease/much more> when I submitted our original AOS paperwork...so she had already organized all that. It was very evident that she had read all our emails etc as well...as she did ask questions from the content of the emails (regarding our travels together etc). I had also brought more proof of our valid marriage, collected after submission of the AOS paperwork (more bank statements/more utility bills, more pictures, more everything). She didn't even ask to see any of that, though I showed her the folders that contained these documents. She obviously wasn't interested in seeing more proof! :D

She spent the next 20-30 minutes just casually talking to us about our families, Aam’s new job, how Aam liked driving in the U.S., how she liked America, the weather etc. We also talked about how our local church has really welcomed Aam and how valuable that has been to the both of us. The conversation was very casual and relaxed. It was like we were talking to an old friend who had watched us go through the entire journey. I guess during this conversation, she changed her mind about speaking to Aam privately. Aam and I were never apart. :no:

For the next 2 minutes, she did ask Aam the required questions: “Are you a terrorist/prostitute/drug dealer/felon/etc...and she made a few marks on our paperwork.

Finally, she gave us each a printed piece of paper, stating that we were approved for the greencard, and that we should file to lift conditions in 2 years! Aam and I couldn’t have been happier...and the lady who interviewed us also was genuinely happy :thumbs: Aam and I signed both copies. She kept one copy and gave the other copy to us to keep.

She then asked Aam if she would like to keep her EAD card until her green card arrives in a couple weeks. We said yes, so she printed out an address we can mail the EAD card to once Aam’s greencard arrives in the mail. That also was quite kind of her.

I asked her if we could have the I-551 stamp, simply in case Aam needed to return to Thailand for any reason, before her Greencard arrived (we didn’t file for Advanced Parole). She said, “Of course!” and stamped Aam’s passport. She congratulated us again, and that was the end of the interview.

Once again, my thanks and appreciation to the fine people on VJ. Due to this website, I was able to save $1000s on attorney fees, as well as fully participate AAm's visa progress...because this website and its participants filled me with knowledge into what can seem like a 'black hole' journey at times. Sometimes the journey becomes difficult for all of us. However, my personal experience is that the outcome is more worth it than we can possibly imagine at the start of it all. Now, Aam and I have fulfilled our dream of living happily and legally married in the United States. For us, the AOS interview was really more like a 'celebration', instead of a difficult interview! It was a celebration of finally making it to the 2 year greencard. I pray that each of you have an equally as rewarding experience in your Visa Journey.

Peace to all,

Mark-N-AAm

“Acquire the spirit of peace, and a thousand souls around you will be saved.” - Saint Seraphim of Sarov

49893.gif

"The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?” - Pablo Casals

Fantastic review! I'm so glad that things went well for you at the interview. I hope others get the same warm experience as you two did.

Congratulations on the green card :D

Nini - Vancouver BC, Canada (she's the one who does the forum thing)

Bee - Devon PA, USA (he's the one who gave her the shiny ring)

Getting our sanity tested by bureaucracy since 2007.

Here we go again...

Removal of conditions @ VSC

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

Congratulations on your approval! :dance:

We have our interview tomorrow in Chicago, hope it goes smoothly :)

Nanusia & Lukaszek,

GOOD LUCK! AAm and I are sending you good vibes for your interview tomorrow! We look forward to reading about your success!

A bit off topic...but can you believe my wife still wanted to go to work after her AOS interview today? Now we have to wait until 8pm to have our AOS success celebration :wacko: She's just really excited about her greencard and also about being able to legally work here in the US :)

Peace to you both,

Mark-N-AAm

“Acquire the spirit of peace, and a thousand souls around you will be saved.” - Saint Seraphim of Sarov

49893.gif

"The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?” - Pablo Casals

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
First of all, let me sincerely thank all of the people here on VJ who helped Aam and I through this entire process, from K1 petition through successful AOS (about 18 months total timeline). Aam and I did not use a lawyer for any of this process. The guides and practical experience of the VJ group was all that we needed, plus review of the USCIS and Thai Embassy websites.

Here is a quick review of our successful interview today in Detroit.

We arrived 45 minutes early, but they were ready for us. So, we didn’t have to wait. We went directly in to the interview.

The lady who interviewed us was extremely kind and compassionate, a true Angel! :innocent: Aam and I immediately felt at ease. She swore us in, and then told us that she would ask us some questions together, and that she then would like to talk to Aam alone.

Thanks to this VisaJourney website, we were very well organized and prepared for the interview. And as soon as we were sworn in, the lady who interviewed us said that our paperwork was in order, and didn’t spend any time reviewing it. I had submitted all types of ‘evidence’ <car/utilities/pictures/wedding certificate/emails/lease/much more> when I submitted our original AOS paperwork...so she had already organized all that. It was very evident that she had read all our emails etc as well...as she did ask questions from the content of the emails (regarding our travels together etc). I had also brought more proof of our valid marriage, collected after submission of the AOS paperwork (more bank statements/more utility bills, more pictures, more everything). She didn't even ask to see any of that, though I showed her the folders that contained these documents. She obviously wasn't interested in seeing more proof! :D

She spent the next 20-30 minutes just casually talking to us about our families, Aam’s new job, how Aam liked driving in the U.S., how she liked America, the weather etc. We also talked about how our local church has really welcomed Aam and how valuable that has been to the both of us. The conversation was very casual and relaxed. It was like we were talking to an old friend who had watched us go through the entire journey. I guess during this conversation, she changed her mind about speaking to Aam privately. Aam and I were never apart. :no:

For the next 2 minutes, she did ask Aam the required questions: “Are you a terrorist/prostitute/drug dealer/felon/etc...and she made a few marks on our paperwork.

Finally, she gave us each a printed piece of paper, stating that we were approved for the greencard, and that we should file to lift conditions in 2 years! Aam and I couldn’t have been happier...and the lady who interviewed us also was genuinely happy :thumbs: Aam and I signed both copies. She kept one copy and gave the other copy to us to keep.

She then asked Aam if she would like to keep her EAD card until her green card arrives in a couple weeks. We said yes, so she printed out an address we can mail the EAD card to once Aam’s greencard arrives in the mail. That also was quite kind of her.

I asked her if we could have the I-551 stamp, simply in case Aam needed to return to Thailand for any reason, before her Greencard arrived (we didn’t file for Advanced Parole). She said, “Of course!” and stamped Aam’s passport. She congratulated us again, and that was the end of the interview.

Once again, my thanks and appreciation to the fine people on VJ. Due to this website, I was able to save $1000s on attorney fees, as well as fully participate AAm's visa progress...because this website and its participants filled me with knowledge into what can seem like a 'black hole' journey at times. Sometimes the journey becomes difficult for all of us. However, my personal experience is that the outcome is more worth it than we can possibly imagine at the start of it all. Now, Aam and I have fulfilled our dream of living happily and legally married in the United States. For us, the AOS interview was really more like a 'celebration', instead of a difficult interview! It was a celebration of finally making it to the 2 year greencard. I pray that each of you have an equally as rewarding experience in your Visa Journey.

Peace to all,

Mark-N-AAm

Congratulations!!!!

Gene & Ying

12/23/04 - I-129F petition mailed to NSC

4/28/05 Interview for Visa in Bangkok-Visa Approved!!!!

5/2/05 Arrive in USA together! POE Minneapolis

5/25/05 - MARRIED!!

6/9/05 - Sent in AOS

7/8/05 - Biometrics for AOS complete in Milwaukee(walk-in)

11/16/05 Interview in Milwaukee - AOS APPROVED!!

9/17/07 Mailed in I-751 to NSC

10/15/07 Received NOA - Case transferred to California

12/27/07 E-mail stating that new card is ordered

12/31/07 10 year Green Card received! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

8/22/08 Sent in N-400 for naturalization

11/19/08 Passed the interview

1/12/09 Received letter about oath ceremony

1/29/09 Oath Ceremony - US Citizen!!

1/29/09 Changed status at Social Security office, applied for US Passport

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Congratulations, it's good to hear that things can go very well. Good for you to be prepared and for sending extra proof earlier on.

Enjoy celebrating.

08.2006: Entered with a B-2 visa.

07.06.07: Civil Wedding

07.17.2008 AOS approved with interview. It took 367 Days!

11.08.08: Big family wedding

09.18.09-10.03.09: First trip to France with Hubby

I-751

04.19.10: Package sent to Vermont

04.21.10: Delivered in Vermont

04.22.10: NOA date

04.23.10: Check cashed

05.17.10: Received biometrics appointment letter

06.07.10: Biometrics Appointment

06.26.10: Touched

07.07.10: Card Production Ordered!

07.17.10: Card in the mail :) Done until citizenship

French Thread I

French Thread II

:dance: Congratulations!!!!! :dance:

Amy & Ola

LOVE is in your heart not to stay, but to be shared

I-130

2006-Met Online!

3/2/07-Married in Lagos!

3/12/07- Mailed I-130 to CSC

3/19/07-CSC received application

3/23/07-Received NOA-1 in mail from CSC

5/31/07-Touched!

7/30/07-Touched!

7/31/07-Touched!- Could this be a sign?God I hope so!

8/01/07-APPROVAL-via USCIS email!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8/06/07-Received hardcopy NOA-2 in mail from CSC

K-3

3/?/07-Mailed I-129F to Chicago

4/9/07-Received at Chicago

4/11/07-Recieved NOA-1 Case being transferred to CSC

4/25/07-Received NOA-1 Case at CSC

5/31/07-Touched!

7/30/07-Touched!

7/31/07-Touched!- Could this be a sign?God I hope so!

8/01/07-Approval-via USCIS email!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8/06/07-Received hardcopy NOA-2 in mail from CSC

8/29/07-Called NVC was told my petition was sent to Lagos Cons. Aug.22, 2007 got my case #

8/31/07-Received NVC Approval Letter in the Mail

9/4/07-Husband picked up packets 3 and 4-Interview Date Set for Oct.31st, 2007!

10/31/07-K3 Interview-APPROVED!!!!!!

11/06/07-Pick up Visa

11/10/07-POE Atlanta

AOS JOURNEY

12/21/07-Mailed AOS to Chicago Lockbox via USPS

12/23/07-Chicago Lockbox received AOS and EAD petition

01/04/08-NOA1 received for AOS and EAD via mail

01/29/08-Biometrics!

02/19/08-Touched! EAD Card Production Ordered

02/26/08-Email from CRIS EAD Approval Letter sent out

02/27/08-EAD Card received in mail

02/28/08-Applied for SS#

03/01/08-Received AOS Appt. Letter in Mail(No touches or emails on this case)

04/29/08-AOS Interview! Approved!

What a wonderful story. We had a great interview in Detroit as well.

Cheers

Sent forms to attorney 10-12-06

NOA1...........................11-17-06

NOA2............................2-15-07

NVC rcv'd......................2-22-07

NVC sent 2 embassy.......2-23-07

Rcv'd Packet 3................3-2-07

Packet 3 sent..................3-9-07

Medical scheduled............3-29-07

Interview-Approved.........4-19-07

Flight to USA....................5-26-07

Wedding..........................5-30-07

AOS Journey

Applied for SSN in married name .........6-27-07

Mailed AOS, EAD and AP to Chicago......6-29-07

SSN received (Wow! that was quick!).....7-3-07

NOA1 for AOS and AP ..........................7-16-07 (EAD amount wrong...oops, added $70 extra for biometrics

Checks cashed for AOS and AP.............7-19-07

Passed Michigan Driver's Test................7-31-07

Biometrics for AOS ..............................8-01-07

AP approved........................................8-09-07 (Day 24)

AOS Interview......................................10-25-07 (APPROVED)

Card production ordered.......................10-30-07

GC rec'd..............................................11-5-07 (w/effective date 10-25-07

Removing Conditions

Mailed pkg........................................9-10-09

NOA .................................................9-14-09

Biometrics.........................................10-23-09

Card Production Ordered (At Last!!).01-13-10

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Congratulations!! :dance::thumbs:

animated%20usa%20flag1.gifanimated%20thailand%20flag.gif

Thai Style USA

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Links:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=106...amp;ref=profile

https://www.facebook.com/groups/223365857736847/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/411770628885582/

http://www.thaiworldnetwork.com

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Congrats

K-1 Visa Journey

03/10/2007 - Sent I-129F to NSC

06/05/2007 - Approved

06/25/2007 - NVC Case Number received

07/05/2007 - Fiance received Packets 3 and 4

09/06/2007 - INTERVIEW----- APPROVED

09/13/2007 - VISA IN HAND

09/14/2007 - POE AT JFK

10/26/2007 - Wedding

01/17/2008 - Email from CRIS that I-129 was approved!

AOS Journey

10/28/2007 - AOS mailed to Chicago via Federal Express

10/29/2007 - AOS received at Chicago

11/05/2007 - NOA for I-131, I-485, I-765

12/28/2007 - Biometrics

12/29/2007 - Case appeared on USCIS website

12/31/2007 - EAD Card Production Ordered; AP Approved

01/10/2008 - AP Received in mail

01/12/2008 - EAD Card Recieved in mail

07/24/2008 - AOS Interview

07/30/2008 -Card Production Ordered

08/11/2008 - GREEN CARD RECIEVED

04/30/2010 - ROC mailed to CA via USPS Express Mail

08/10/2010 - EAD Card Production Ordered; AOS Approved

04/24/2011 - Mailed N-400

05/12/2011 - Received I-797C

06/08/2011 - Biometrics

07/25/2011 - N-400 Interview

07/25/2011 - Oath Ceremony

MY HUSBAND IS A US CITIZEN!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thanks for posting your interview experience! I had forgotten about "the printed piece of paper, stating that we were approved for the greencard, and that we should file to lift conditions in 2 years!" I do however remember the part "this will be the only notification you will receive so you will need to save this document and remember to apply to remove conditions in 1 year 9 months.

Congratulations again!

K-1 & I-601 Waiver Timeline 4/7/06 to 9/12/07

4/7/06: I-129 K-1 Application mailed

4/20/06: NOA Receipt

6/23/06: Req for Evidence

8/31/06: NOA

9/28/06: NOA- NVC rcvd I-129

10/12 & 11/9: Rcvd CDJ Ltr- processing Visa

12/6/06: CDJ Interview - Denied - I-601 Waiver Required

12/18/06: I-601 filed

8/6/07: Waiver Approval

8/22/07: Waiver Approval letter received

9/4/07: Open Appointment Letter Rcvd (postmarked 8/31/07 from Texas)

9/9/07: Arrive in CDJ for Open Appt

9/10/07: Open Appointment

9/12/07: RECEIVED K-1 VISA!

AOS - 10/8/07 to 11/21/07

9/14/07: Entered the United States

9/21/07: Happliy Married!

10/6/07: AOS Packet Mailed to Chicago Lockbox!

10/8/07: Return Receipt stamped received by USCIS

10/19/07: NOA Receipt for AOS & EAD received

10/24/07: Case Online at USCIS.gov

10/25/07: Touched

11/3/07: Biometrics Appointment

11/5/07: Touched

11/14/07: Appointment Letter received

11/16/07: EAD Production ordered.

11/21/07: AOS Interview - Approved - Hubby is Legal Permanent Resident (Conditional)

11/23/07: Registered Customer's new permanent resident status (Online Case Status)

11/25/07: Touched - Production of EAD ordered (Online Case Status)

11/26/07: On November 26, 2007, we ordered production of your new card (Green Card).

11/28/07: Received EAD Card!

11/30/07: Received Welcome to the U.S. Letter

12/1/07: Received GREEN CARD!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.