JayJay

Moving out sooner!

43 posts in this topic

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would highly advise that you take emily up on her generous offer to stay there for the week.

take any and all that is important to the both of you OUT of her house. as for your GC, i would put in a change of address to the new house and hope for the best.

i wish you and ben the best of luck ... i wish in a 3 way relationship before (husband plus mother) and it wasn't pretty. feel free to pm me at any time, i'm sure we could compare notes!! :thumbs:

line_bar_12d.gifline_bar_12d.gif

Music___Lennon___Imagine_by_jjjean6.png

Faith: not wanting to know what is true.~Nietzsche~

“The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is.”

~Winston Churchill~

text___just_be_animated_colour_by_j.gif

line_bar_12d.gifline_bar_12d.gif

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So far as your GC is concerned I was thinking along the lines that gimygirl mentioned. You can change your address with the post office and they should then forward anything addressed with your name on it to the new address. Then later inform INS when you have your green card.

So far as what you have been going through I so incredibly sorry you've had to deal with that :( I'm also so glad your husband found the strength to stand up for himself. I myself have lived with abuse, although spousal not MIL and once I had the courage to talk about it and stand up for myself it was incredibly freeing. My thoughts are with you through this.

It sounds like staying at EM's might be the way to go since it's an option. Definately DO NOT go back. Although over time things might calm down a bit, right now I would think things are likely to be quite volitile and possibly dangerous (considering what she did to your kitten...which btw made every part of me cringe to think of )

I noted your mention of down the road with children and visitation, it's good that you are thinking in advance. Time and distance might have enough impact to change her at least enough to be able to enjoy your future children. Violent abusive people are not always destined to remain that way forever. Although I would never be able to trust my X enough to live in the same house as he does because of ingrained memories, he did attend counciling for this, and he has never harmed our daughter. For her sake over time we have learned to leave the past, and the anger and hurt that went with it, behind and might even be considered friends.

July 12, 2002 - Married

I130

May 18, 2005 - Sent Certified Mail USPS with Money Order for fees

May 20, 2005 - Received Date

June 2, 2005 - Notice Date

June 6, 2005 - Received NOA1

September 10, 2005No action to date

December 1, 2005 -Approved

I129

August 25, 2005 - Sent Certified Mail USPS with Money Order for fees

August 26, 2005 - USPS tracking shows Delivered, August 26, 2005, 1:54 pm, CHICAGO, IL 60680

September 7, 2005 - "touched" I think

September 12, 2005 - Received NOA1 showing receipt date of August 30, 2005

October 17, 2005 - APPROVED!!!

November 27, 2005 - Received by NVC

November 3, 2005 - RFE received from Consulate

November 18, 2005 - RFE delivered to Consulate

November 28, 2005 - Instructions received

December 6, 2005 - Medical Appt Much confusion and lack of communication by Physicians caused much delay :(

March 23 - Checklist received

May 12 - Packet 4 received

June 1 - Interview

June 1 - APPROVED!!!!!

June 7 - Steve Arrived home

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Jay,

I am so glad you left there but you already knew I would think this way. I agree that you and Ben should stay with Em. You two do not need additional abuse and the loss of water and bathroom use is unsanitary at best.

I wish both of you luck in your new home.

(L) Angel

I-130

2005-09-23 Sent I-130.

2005-10-05 I-130 NOA1

2006-02-19 *touched*

2006-02-21 RFE

2006-03-09 RFE received by CSC

2006-03-29 I-130 NOA2

2006-03-31 *touched*

2006-04-01 *touched*

2006-04-12 NVC assigned case number

I-129F

2005-11-18 I-129F Sent

2005-11-29 I-129F NOA1

2005-12-27 I-129F RFE :(

2006-01-13 I-129F RFE Reply sent.

2006-01-25 *touched*

2006-01-26 I-129F RFE received

2006-04-04 *touched*

2006-04-04 NOA2 **approved!!!**

2006-04-20 NVC assigned case number

2006-04-21 case forwarded to embassy

2006-04-26 packet 3 received

2006-05-02 packet 3 sent

2006-05-04 packet 4 received

2006-05-15 Interview in Stockholm **APPROVED**

2006-05-23 My sweetie is coming home!!

OMG JayJay, that's just terrible!!! I mean I knew she was vindictive when she decided she wasnt going to drive you to your interview, but didn't realise she was abusive like that!!! She makes my mother-in-law look almost reasonable! You're better off well away from there. Stay at your friend's place and if you or Ben need to get anything from the house make sure you have someone else go over with you.

I would probably have called the police if my MIL hit my cat that hard. If she does do anything to your GC then call the police. Seriously, I'm sure that must be illegal to destroy someone's property like that, or even if she tries to withold it from you. I'm sure that neither of you would want to do that, but you might have to unfortunately.

Regarding future children, definately dont let her alone with them. If Craig and I ever manage to have a baby my MIL is certainly not going to be left alone with him or her. She is not physically abusive, but is passive aggressive and does not have a single good thing to say about her son so I wouldnt want them to hear that anyway.

Good luck to you and so pleased you get to have your house next week :D

Best wishes

Kate & Craig

AOS TIMELINE

16th December 2005 - Sent I-130, AOS, EAD & AP USPS overnight to Chicago Lockbox

18th December 2005 - Received at Chicago 9.18pm.

23rd December 2005 - NOAs for I-130, AOS, EAD, AP!! Didn't expect them that quickly

13th January 2006 - RFE for Medical and additional I-864 info

17th January 2006 - INFOPASS Apt about RFE.

23rd January 2006 - Appointment notice for Biometrics on 10th Feb.

10th February 2006 - Biometrics Appointment

21st February 2006 - Medical. Cost $250 including all blood tests, Td Shot, TB test and Titers for MMR and Varicella.

27th February 2006 - Appointment with immigration lawyer re. RFE for I-864.

1st March 2006 - Final results Medical. Papers in hand to send.

10th March 2006 - RFE responses to Lees Summit

13th March 2006 - RFE responses signed for at Lees Summit

24th March 2006 - Emergency AP approved in Omaha

28th March 2006- Collected AP

31st March 2006 - EAD Approval online

7th April 2006 - EAD arrived in mailbox.

21st April 2006- Received Interview Date for 22nd June

9th May 2006- Received SSN

22nd June 2006- AOS INTERVIEW APPROVED

REMOVING CONDITIONS

June 20 2008 - Package mailed to CSC under new rules. Would have been an NSC transfer

June 23 2008 - Package recieved at CSC

June 27 2008 - Recieve NOA1

July 16 2008 - Biometrics

July 17 2008 - Touched

September 9 2008 - Card production ordered

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

JayJay... I am sooooo sorry that you have had to live in such an abusive home since you and Ben got married. His mom definitely has som mental and emotional issues that you nor Ben can fix.

my thoughts to you is to document everything... and give a report to the police.... that way, if anything happens to your greencard, or any other legal papers... she could be held accountable ... because that is a felony charge! I am soooooooooo praying for you and Ben... I would not care if I had to sleep on the floor with no lights - I would not stay in that house one more minute. Talk again with your friend Em... confirm that it is okay to stay for one week until your move into YOUR OWN HOME... my very best to you and Ben... and to that precious little kitty...

serves the MIL from Hell right to break her finger... shoulda broke her whole dang hand... and have it rot off and fall off for such uncalled for treatment of a defenseless animal.

*hugs*

Lynne

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

From LenJay-

Some things that go through the mail can not be forwarded... INS documents and cards COULD be one of them. But you could go to the post office and have all your mail held for X amount of days... and then go there and pick it up. It's one way to get around that part.

Also, if she does take the GC and do something to it, if you can prove it, that's a federal offense messing with someone's mail.

Applied for K1

Met online 2001 - just aquaintances

Sept 2002 - 1st US visit - everything goes perfectly.

Dec 20th - Forms recev'd at CSC

Dec 27th - NOA1 received by snail mail!

Dec 29th - 'Touched'

March 10 2006 - NOA2!

March 23 - recv'd at NVC

March 24 - petition sent to London

April 9th - Pkt 3 rec'd!

May 17th - Pkt 3 signed for at London Embassy

May 24th - Medical

May24th - Pkt 4

June 14th - Interview 10am - APPROVED 1pm!!

June 16th - Visas received in my hot little hands 1pm :)

July 19th - flying to US!

July 27th - Married!! :-)

Aug 7th - Applied for SSN in married name

Aug 9th - SSN received

uk.gif1273.gifusa.gif

3dflagsdotcom_uk_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

I'm not a lawyer I just have opinions on everything :)

animated flags from http://3dflags.com

Just want to add you should put in a change of address with the Post Office right away, maybe they'll forward your GC without it ever reaching the MIL's house.

Edit: The having-the-post-office-hold-your-mail idea is even better.

Glad you're getting out of there!

Edited by sparkofcreation

Bethany (NJ, USA) & Gareth (Scotland, UK)

-----------------------------------------------

01 Nov 2007: N-400 FedEx'd to TSC

05 Nov 2007: NOA-1 Date

28 Dec 2007: Check cashed

05 Jan 2008: NOA-1 Received

02 Feb 2008: Biometrics notice received

23 Feb 2008: Biometrics at Albuquerque ASC

12 Jun 2008: Interview letter received

12 Aug 2008: Interview at Albuquerque DO--PASSED!

15 Aug 2008: Oath Ceremony

-----------------------------------------------

Any information, opinions, etc., given by me are based entirely on personal experience, observations, research common sense, and an insanely accurate memory; and are not in any way meant to constitute (1) legal advice nor (2) the official policies/advice of my employer.

From LenJay-

Some things that go through the mail can not be forwarded... INS documents and cards COULD be one of them. But you could go to the post office and have all your mail held for X amount of days... and then go there and pick it up. It's one way to get around that part.

Also, if she does take the GC and do something to it, if you can prove it, that's a federal offense messing with someone's mail.

Good advice!

Jay, I'm so glad you're outta that place. Wishing you the best!

Ta - you're all the best! (F) (F) Right now, we're packing, but we did have a nice evening last night watching "Die Hard" and eating bacon cheeseburgers from the local bar/thingy. I'll go over to Em's in a bit, pick up a couple of things she's got me from town..she's helping with the move. (F)

Then I can plan on the weekend of the 29th over a cuppa - there's an art show going on, and since we're moving early, I might be able to get a booth...oooH! :D

england3.gif

3/29/06 - AOS Approved!

3/3/08 - Check cashed for ROC at CSC...

Feb 2009 - Called USCIS to see what the heck was goin' on...

FEB 20th 2009 - Received email - GC on the way!

I am APPROVED for the 10 year PR Card!

367532.png

356980.png

MyBum.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Kuwait
Timeline

I thought my ex MIL was a monster! Yours just might have mine beat. Best wishes to you and your husband on your new home. Now you can finally start your lives together ALONE as husband and wife.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

That was the best decision you could have made. Good luck!

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Congrats on moving out and getting out of there before things got even worse. It's really great that your husband was able to stand up to his mother and that he's getting out of that abusive situation which was hurting all of you (and by all, I mean the kitty, too). It couldn't have been easy for him, and I'm sure he's greatful he has such great support from you.

I hope y'all are really happy in your new place and that you'll be able to appreciate it so much more in light of all you've been through.

Good luck, and congrats on the new place!! :thumbs:

4/15/06- Visa in hand!!!

4/21/06 Arrival in U.S.

5/11/06 Legal Marriage

11/4/06 Wedding

AOS

6/12/06 AOS, EAD, and AP papers sent off

6/26/06 NOA1 Date

7/17/06 Biometrics done

8/04/06 Case transferred to CSC

8/8/06 Case received at CSC

9/21/06 Greencard received!!!!

8/31/09 Naturalization- Done with USCIS

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

I'm so glad you and Ben have eachother! You guys have really come so far - job, house, moving out :) :) I'm so sorry you had to go through that - but YES stay at Em's - then move on!

Thinking of you both! (And Your little Kitty!)

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg