NaNaNaNaBooBoo

Help! I called off K-1 Visa Wedding!!

29 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Wales
Timeline

Dear Monica,

I am so sorry for you and your daughter. There are some really strange people out there, and I cannot imagine why he would leave you both, you must be heartbroken. Make sure you have family and friends around to keep help keep your head above water, and remember your young and life will bring so many more opportunities for love and happiness.

Good luck,

Lily

Take the advice at the bottom of this page:

"VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423."

I'm sorry this happened to you.

Edited by TracyTN
SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Well at least you did not marry him!!!

In the timline, she married him on the 11th of Aug...

I have finally met my love and my best friend... I can't thank God enough for this gift! After spending 17 days in Ghana with my love, I am even more consumed by him and all that he is.

Filed: Timeline
Before he goes back to South Africa, he wants to visit his Congolese friends in North Carolina. I am devestated, heartbroken, and was set to move to Nepal with him in two weeks.

First, I'm real sorry to hear about your story. Be strong (F)

Second, I think his wanting to "see" his friends in NC may mean that was his real destination. He may just stay there illegally. As soon as he leaves your house, report to USCIS that you are not pursuing this and that he's in NC, not sure if he'll return to South Africa.

Second, how did you guys want to go to Nepal in 2 weeks? Did you not anticipate to do AOS? Because that would mean you'd have to one day start all over again with a k3.

The OP, Monica, works for the government and was being transferred to Nepal for work purposes.

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My thoughts and prayers are with you Monica. So sorry.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I am sorry to hear this is happening to you (F)

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Bless your daughters and your heart.

K1

September 15 - 2005: NOA1

October: Waiting

November: Waiting

December: In Security checks

January 2006: Waiting

February: Waiting..Contacted Congress

March 4th: APPROVED

March 17th: NVC posted file to London

March 20th: London Receives file

March 29th: Receive package 3

April 13th: London Receives package

April 19th: Medical - June 13th: INTERVIEW......APPROVED!!!!

June 20th: ARRIVE IN USA

Time taken for whole process 9 Months

~~~~~ * ~~~~~

AOS

October: 13th: Sent off AOS Package

November 3rd: NOA1

November 14th: Snail mail ~ NOA1 ~ Case moved to the CSC for faster processing.

November 14th : CSC has petition for me and my daughter.

December 14th: Biometrics completed.

January 17th: APPROVED AOS!

January 22nd: Green card arrives in the mail:))

Time taken for AOS - 3.5 Months

Finished for 2 years.

dev015pb___.png

Before he goes back to South Africa, he wants to visit his Congolese friends in North Carolina. I am devestated, heartbroken, and was set to move to Nepal with him in two weeks.

First, I'm real sorry to hear about your story. Be strong (F)

Second, I think his wanting to "see" his friends in NC may mean that was his real destination. He may just stay there illegally. As soon as he leaves your house, report to USCIS that you are not pursuing this and that he's in NC, not sure if he'll return to South Africa.

Second, how did you guys want to go to Nepal in 2 weeks? Did you not anticipate to do AOS? Because that would mean you'd have to one day start all over again with a k3.

The OP, Monica, works for the government and was being transferred to Nepal for work purposes.

The beneficiary needs to be expelled. Does the petitioner’s employment really matter here? In fact, that should be the catalyst for the expulsion, on the basis of Intel, no?

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
My fiance and I have been together for over two years and have a daughter together. The relationship has had its ups and downs, but I really did love this man. Our wedding was set for this weekend, until today when the icing on the cake was delivered, I recieved a text message from his girlfriend in africa wanting to know why he left her for an american. Long story short, he has decided to go back to South Africa, he hasnt even tried to get me back. He is calling all his friends and laughing, while I am holding my daughter and rocking back and forth in tears.

Before he goes back to South Africa, he wants to visit his Congolese friends in North Carolina. I am devestated, heartbroken, and was set to move to Nepal with him in two weeks. Everything is crashing down, and now on top of it I must find out what types of legal obilgations I have regarding this man and immigration. Do I need to watch him get on the airplane to South Africa? Must I keep him in my sight at all times? I really do love him and don't want to see him in jail.

Just a mess,

Monica

Just wondering though...are you already married as indicated in your timeline signature, since it indicates you and Baruti were married on August 11? Your post says otherwise. I'm thinking that will make a difference as to what you do in your situation.

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

YOu love him and dont want to see him in jail?? Who cares where he lands. He obviously didnt care where you and your child would land when he left. Which i think should be a punishable crime along with infedelity/ Out of sight out of mind. get rid of his pictures and keep him out of your childs life. he was alughing with his friends while you were crying and holding hyour baby. whatever bye bye loser. He dont deserve to know you are your child. Quit wasting time on him get on with your beutiful child and life. Use your education and im sure you will come upon a nice gentleman someday.

best wishes

cindi

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.