MrsBruce5

1 Year Later

51 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

An excellent post and hopefully one others will read and take on board before they embark on the same journey.

We were married and lived in the UK for 10 years before heading back Stateside and at times the adjustment to a new way of life has been quite hard and caused dis harmony. Haven't quite complete the 1st year here yet.

I'm glad your son has that relationship if with his step dad, my step son is in his 30s and I'm was the guy that married his mum so he was friendly to me but no more. Finally found the way into his heart 2 tickets for the Bears V Seahawks game in November. He has been a Bears fan since he was 9 and never had the chance to go to a game. Suddenly I am his best mate :)

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MrsB that was a wonderful post to read and I for one, remembering when you both finally got the big OK, have been delighted to read that you are both doing so good now. I remember when my daughter first moved over here, 19 long years ago, and the tearful phone calls sometimes, but they too worked through it without "outside interference" and made it.

From our point of view it has been different because of us being parents but I am so pleased to say that 1) things are working out great, we have a lovely home, I have an excellent job and Alan is starting to get his business established quite quickly and 2) we are not the least bit homesick :thumbs: so all in all we believe it is the best move we have made. :dance:

MrsB, I too salute you on a wonderfully, honest and constructive post, I am sure that all you have said will be of great comfort and a tremendous help to some others who may be going through similar problems. Good to see you about again MrsB

Val

[The reason god put spaces in between your fingers was so another person's hands could fill it up.

CHERISH YESTERDAY, LIVE TODAY AND DREAM TOMORROW

Life is like a song... Sing it.

Life is like a challenge... Pursue it.

Life is like a sacrifice... Offer it.

Life is love... Enjoy it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Thanks for sharing your experience! :thumbs:

Filed AOS from F-1
Green Card approved on 01/04/07
Conditions removed 01/29/09

Citizenship Oath 08/23/12

That was a great story!! Glad things are working out for you..

I missed him, and how he makes me and our son laugh everyday. I missed his snoring, and his drooling on the pillows. I missed the way he plays with our dogs, and I missed his smile.

That was my favourite part :lol: The little things that count!

mooglesmall2-1-1.jpgDelicioussig.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Great post.

I think most people on this board can relate to your post.

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Great post, thanks for sharing.

I agree, most people probably CAN relate to that and I know several things you said sure hit home for me, but I appreciate you taking the time and effort and care to write it out so beautifully.

thanks and congratulations on what turned out to be a good first year for all of you!

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

What a great post, and the description of you feelings, thanks for sharing your exeperience. Good luck!!!! :star:

K1 VISA: 07/25/06 GOT VISA!!!!!!

30th of September 2006 WEDDING

AOS:01/29/2007 received Permanent Resident Card (GC)

ROC:04/11/2009 received Permanent Resident Card (GC) expiring in 2019!!!!

N-400:

on 05/21/2010 Sent out docs to Arizona Lockbox Facility address via USPS

on 06/30/2010 Biometrics

on 09/24/2010 Interview Day - Passed the Test

on 10/19/2010 Oath - USA CITIZEN!!!!!

on 10/20/2010 I requested the US Passport

on 11/02/2010 the US Passport was received by Priority Mail

on 11/03/2010 @ the Social Security Office I changed my status from Resident to US Citizen

ON THE 3RD OF NOV.2010 MY JOURNEY ENDS, WHICH STARTED IN DEC. 2005!!!!!!!THANKS TO VJ & VJ PPL!!!!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

So happy that so many of you can relate...I was being so brutally honest there-I thought I'd get at least one person would think of my initial reaction as selfish...

We all seem to think that life will be beautiful once their loved one arrives. And, life is beautiful when they do...but I don't know how many of us saw the big picture. I did not, and after a chat about this with Mr. B tonight, I see that he did not either.

Love, Friendship and Loyalty...this is all you need to get through. As I have said before, he is the only star I see in the night sky. He will have my love, my friendship and my loyalty until I leave this Earth.

I do appreciate the beautiful comments.

Cheers,

Rose Bruce

Edited by MrsBruce5

"I have spread my dreams under your feet

Tread softly because you tread on my dreams"

-Yeats

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I can not thank you enough for your words, I really needed to read this today. :crying: Things are much better now, but its nice to know that I am not crazy and others have the same difficulties.

God Bless you, today you were my angel.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi Rose!

It's so nice to hear from you! I'm so glad you guys have made it through this year- that was a great post.

I hope everything is well and you guys can really settle down now.

Take care,

Sarah

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline
I can not thank you enough for your words, I really needed to read this today. :crying: Things are much better now, but its nice to know that I am not crazy and others have the same difficulties.

God Bless you, today you were my angel.

My pleasure to give you support, sister. There were days when I would think maybe it's just me, or maybe we're simply not going to ge through it...but stick together, and all will be right as rain. : )

Rose

"I have spread my dreams under your feet

Tread softly because you tread on my dreams"

-Yeats

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

hey MrsBruce5,

i m here for 7 months now, and when reading your post i was thinking how much i was acting like your husband, since the first week i came i start complaing how much i miss my family, my friends, i was complaining of the life here, my husband was telling me to be patient and everything will be ok, but of course i didnt beleive him, i was crying almost every day, being mean to him, we fight so much, that at one poitn he even didnt feel to be around me, but last week when i received my greencard and i bought as ticket to see my family and friends, and i bourgt it for a month and i start thinking how much i m gonna miss my boyfriend, what i m gonna do there 1 month without him, i picture myself back there again and remembered how horrible i was feeling when i was there waiting for k1 one year, and how much i wanted to be with him, and i was thinking well no wi m with him and what i m doing, acting like a spoiled kid, i was horrible all the time since i m here, i was telling him how much i hate it here, and how much i love it home.... but now since i bought my ticket i m so different, i m so relaxed, and i see how much actually have, i was envy of all my girlfriends going to clubs and me staying home, but now all i want is just be with my man, thats what will make me happy, i finally open my eyes, i just hope is not late, cause before that we were talking with my husband about separation and i felt so bad that day like i couldnt breathe, i realized that i have to appreciate what i have now, not feeling sorry nad crying for my past, cause if i keep being this way, i ll be back home in bulgaria and will be unhappy i m not with him, then i ll be back here and be unhappy i m not there...so when the end of this comes.... so i decide for myself i have to be happy in every minute in everything i have now in the moment.

for everybody feeling this way just think of how u feel when u were apart of your love ones, and think that after getting your greencards u can visit any time u want

i know its hard but we have to be strong and build our future with the person we love, just give yourself a chance and everytime u feel like u cant take it anymore and want to go home just dont give up, keep trying......

Well, I've been here for 10 months now and we had a different transition. My husband had lost his job just before I came over and so we moved in with my mother-in-law.

After living on my own for almost 10 years, that in itself was already an adjustment, but being married added up to that, whilst living in a new country.

We decided to move out of state. We both enjoy living in AZ much and so we are moving to OR in 6 weeks and finally having a place of our own.

o5cni131ii.png

Lifting Conditions

CIS Office : California Service Center

Date Filed : 2009-05-04

NOA Date : 2009-05-21

Online USCIS website: 06-03-2009 ( so am I a May or June filer now.)

Bio. Appt. : 2009-07-24 (walk-in on 07/14/09 and accepted)

*Touch*: 07-15-2009

Card ordered: 2009-08-26

Letter received approved: dated 08-22-2009 :o

*touch* : 2009-08-31

Green card recvd: 2009-09-01

April 2010: Eligible to file for US citizenship

My handmade Jewelry

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

We are at our 10 month mark. Your post is great. Like others have said it is great to hear that not everything goes like we all dream about. We have had some crazy fights but keep focusing on our future and try to build a stronger relationship. I'm just glad to hear other people's stories. Thank you so much for sharing.

Rhonda

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.