MrsBruce5

1 Year Later

51 posts in this topic

Mrs.B super super post, thanks! It's like you were writing the thoughts in my head. I'm only at the 6month mark, but hope I can write a post in another 6 months about my husband adjusting successfully & everything being a-ok as the first year passes.

12140.gif

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you for sharing your story with us. It's a great story that most couples could learn from. Good luck with your family :)

(F) Salmon =)

K-1 Timeline

May 26, 2007 I-129F NOA1 [/font][/size]

August 27, 2007 RFE e-mail notice

September 18, 2007 Case processing has resumed

September 24, 2007 NOA2 hard copy

November 17, 2007 Packet 4 arrived

November 29, 2007 Medical

December 6, 2007 Interview approved

December 13, 2007 Visa delivered

December 14, 2007 CFO seminar and sticker St. Mary's

AOS

March 21, 2008 - Mailed AOS application

November 4, 2008 - Interview

December 24, 2008 - Greencard received in mail

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Wow! That was an amazing post! Thank you so much for sharing!

I haven't actually moved over to the States yet to be with my man, and I sometimes do worry about what it's going to be like... I know 100% that it's not going to be a bed of roses (Well, for the first month or so I reckon it will be, lol) But I also know that if we have managed to survive through all of this visa and LDR business then we can pretty much tackle anything.

Love conquers all as they say.

I think if I go into it with my eyes completely open, and not put me rose tinted specs on! it will all be fine.

Our K1 Journey

November 5th 2005 - ♥ Tash & Chris met ♥

June 11th 2007 - We posted the I129F :D

June 19th 2007 - USCIS received date

June 22nd 2007 - NOA1 received

November 16th 2007 - NOA2 - 156 days from filing

November 24th 2007 - Hard copy of NOA2 received

December 15th 2007 - Packet 3 received

January 18th 2008 - Packet 3 returned

February 13th 2008 - Packet 4 received

March 4th 2008 - Medical @ 1.00pm

March 5th 2008 - INTERVIEW @ 10.00am - APPROVED!!

March 11th 2008 - Visa received!

April 30th 2008 - Flying home at last!!!!! (POE: Dulles - Washington DC)

July 12th 2008 - Wedding date!

Now for AOS!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Great post Rose!! Thank you for sharing it. I'm almost at 10 months now and like many others we too have had our ups and downs.

Best of Luck!! (F)

Maria

Separated!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Thanks for posting!! I think that we can all relate. Plus, everyone says that the first year is the worst.

My husband has been here for a bit over 5 months and we definetly have our ups and downs. But I can see how much more we understand each other now than in the first 1-2 months.

Once he got his WP, a job, and now a car, he's become much happier and that has affected our relationship for the better. He was sick and tired of being in the house - feeling like he couldn't contribute. Now he does even more for us and we're both really happy...

We're both really excited about the future!

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

I thinkt his post is wonderful - I haven't moved over to the US yet but it rings so true - I know we are going to go through many difficult times while we both adjust to our new lives but I also know that for the first time in both of our lives we will be in control of our destiny - we will have the freedom to live our lives as we choose and we can work towards our dreams together :)

All too often people expect things to fall into place without any hard graft. I used to be the same in all my previous relationships. Being in a relationship that spans so many thousands of miles has taught me that anything worth having is worth waiting and working for. Thanks for showing that the hard work doesn't stop when the visa is approved!

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Thank you to all who enjoyed reading this post.

I think that the next year ahead will bring with it more challenges, more adjusting and a greater understanding of each other.

I consider us to be lucky and blessed with every day- whether it is a good day or a bad day. No matter what happened during that day, we lay our heads on our pillows at night, and have learned something.

The best thing is that we are inches away from each other instead of 4300 miles apart.

On a humorous note-It is much better to wake up to my husband's snoring & drooling on the pillow next to me than waking up to my Boxer's a** sprawled across that same pillow before he lived with us.

: )

Edited by MrsBruce5

"I have spread my dreams under your feet

Tread softly because you tread on my dreams"

-Yeats

Timeline
pmsl @ your boxers a** sprawled across the pillow.....sounds just like my cat!! :lol:

Yep. When I would come back to NY from Aberdeen, I'd be used to having Graham next to me... She used to lie on the other side of the bed-I cannot tell you how many times I have kissed that dog's bum in my sleepy state. It's an eye opener !! Quite revolting !!!

If you saw her you'd understand even more-she's no beauty queen...Hubby says she's got a face like a bag of smashed crabs ! Although she is his favorite dog because she plays football like a pro...He says she could be on the Dons if she wanted !!!

-Yeats

Timeline
pmsl @ your boxers a** sprawled across the pillow.....sounds just like my cat!! :lol:

Yep. When I would come back to NY from Aberdeen, I'd be used to having Graham next to me... She used to lie on the other side of the bed-I cannot tell you how many times I have kissed that dog's bum in my sleepy state. It's an eye opener !! Quite revolting !!!

If you saw her you'd understand even more-she's no beauty queen...Hubby says she's got a face like a bag of smashed crabs ! Although she is his favorite dog because she plays football like a pro...He says she could be on the Dons if she wanted !!!

OMG!! hahahahaha i believe ya Rose! kissing the dog's bum in the middle of the night would definately make you want to grab a bucket ...just the thought of doggie drool covering my lips..ugh not going to go there :lol:

I think Graham would be better signing her up to play for a better team than the Dons!! :whistle: How about Celtic?? hehehe just windin ya up btw G :P

Maria

Separated!!

Your cat sleeps on your pillow?!

Mine opts for my face, neck or head depending on which position I am lying in :blink:

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Timeline

Your cat sleeps on your pillow?!

Mine opts for my face, neck or head depending on which position I am lying in :blink:

She used to sleep on my neck, face or head but since i had my surgery done 3 weeks ago i'm nervous when she gets too close to my tummy.......so rather than get shouted at or pushed off the bed she sneaks up behind me and snuggles up on my pillow!! just as well i have a spare pillow layin on my tummy just incase she springs up while i'm asleep and bounces on my tummy.....i'd be screamin so loud i'd scare her off and she'd hide!! poor wee thing....:blink:

oh just noticed...this is my 1000th post yippeee & my 1st heart awww

Edited by MariaDane

Separated!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Thank you to all who enjoyed reading this post.

I think that the next year ahead will bring with it more challenges, more adjusting and a greater understanding of each other.

I consider us to be lucky and blessed with every day- whether it is a good day or a bad day. No matter what happened during that day, we lay our heads on our pillows at night, and have learned something.

The best thing is that we are inches away from each other instead of 4300 miles apart.

On a humorous note-It is much better to wake up to my husband's snoring & drooling on the pillow next to me than waking up to my Boxer's a** sprawled across that same pillow before he lived with us.

I think this should be come an annual tradition, and you do a post of your life each year. Most of us will relate to it and it is good to know what we go through is perfectly normal.

Edited by Lansbury

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

Timeline

OMG!! hahahahaha i believe ya Rose! kissing the dog's bum in the middle of the night would definately make you want to grab a bucket ...just the thought of doggie drool covering my lips..ugh not going to go there :lol:

I think Graham would be better signing her up to play for a better team than the Dons!! :whistle: How about Celtic?? hehehe just windin ya up btw G :P

Maria

I know nothing about the Don's, or football for that matter LOL...do they suck that bad??? LOL

I'm more a baseball fan myself...

-Yeats

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.