one...two...tree

How Physically Active Are You?

How Physically Active Are You?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. How Often Do You Exercise? (for the sole purpose of exercising)

• I have no regular routine and rarely exercise.
    • Erradically, but I try.
    • A couple of times a week.
    • About three times a week.
    • About five times a week.
    • I try to do some kind of exercise everyday.
  2. 2. What is Your Prefered Method(s) of Exercise?

• Walking, Hiking
    • Bicycling
    • Jogging
    • Martial Arts
    • Tennis, Racquetball, Badmitton, Volleyball
    • Basketball
    • Weight Lifting
    • Swimming
    • Aerobic Machine (elyptical, treadmill)
    • ...other Team Sports
    • Golf
  3. 3. What Is The Biggest Obstacle(s) in The Way of Exercising?

• TV
    • Internet
    • Work
    • Family/Spouse
    • Lack of Resources (Gym Membership, Clothes, Tennis Courts)

38 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I go to the gym or jog on the track twice a week.

I wasn't active as a child - I was a bookworm, and not into sports at all. I became conscious of my appearance (or i should say, unattractiveness) in college, and joined the track team to help me lose weight (it worked). I've been hooked on jogging and exercise ever since. After college I joined a gym and worked out there 6 times a week after work.

I have gym membership now, and we live across the street from a high school, so I jog on their track sometimes :) I try to get exercise at least twice a week, sometimes I manage to go three times a week, but it's very rare. Work is the biggest obstacle, and my hubby gets in the way as well, because when we happen to have a day off together (doesn't always happen), I'd rather spend time with him than exercise :)

Edited by Jewel12

Filed AOS from F-1
Green Card approved on 01/04/07
Conditions removed 01/29/09

Citizenship Oath 08/23/12

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I have been active all my life....played various sports (volleyball, basketball, softball, soccer) throughout my school years and on a few bar teams since. Currently, I go to the YMCA 3 times a week for a morning aerobics & weights class. I've been in the same class and with the same classmates for over 4 years now. It's inspiring because they ridicule you if you don't show. Sometimes we bike other days of the week. Otherwise, I try to walk every day of the week, whether on my lunch or just for fun.

Andre is not near as active as I am; but I am working on him.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

I was a body builder in a former life and the routine of daily exercise has always stuck with me. I'm at the gym at 4am almost every day... and I ride and train our 3 horses, so that counts too. Work does cause problems for my workout schedule, especially when I'm traveling (which I've been doing a lot of over the last year). I've done yoga and pilates... loe it!

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My wife and I bike an hour a day, and rarely miss a day. If it's raining we go to the gym. I use a heart rate monitor and it runs about 110-150 BPM. I'm 55 years old and my wife is 30 years old and 20 weeks pregnant.

I was active as a child in the run-outside-and-play sense, if not in the athletically gifted sense. In college, I was on the fencing team, three hours a day, five days a week. And now I try to stay active by going to the gym. I like weight lifting, abhor the elliptical machine (but do it anyway), and can't wait for my ballet & yoga classes to start back up in the fall. I need a new sport.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I'm not as active as I should be, but I try to go walking as often as possible.

I-129F

11/15/2007 = Package sent overnight Fedex to CSC

11/16/2007 = Package arrived at CSC

11/21/2007 = NOA1 (according to www.uscis.gov online case status)

11/26/2007 = Check cashed (YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!)

11/28/2007 = Touched

11/30/2007 = Rec'd NOA1 hard copy in the mail

12/20/2007 = Touched

12/21/2007 = Touched

03/12/2008 = Touched (due to phone call)

03/24/2008 = NOA2!!!!!!!!!

03/25/2008 = Touched

04/23/2008 = Touched

05/05/2008 = Arrived at Consulate

05/12/2008 = Picked up Packets 3 & 4

06/24/2008 = Interview Date and APPROVAL

07/02/2008 = Picked up Visa at Embassy

07/05/2008 = Arrival in the U.S.!!!!!!!!! Met at POE in ATLANTA

07/06/2008 = Fly back to Salt Lake City Together!!!!

08/06/2008 = MARRIED TODAY!!!

AOS & EAD

08/23/2008 = Package sent via USPS with Signature Confirmation

08/25/2008 = Package arrived in Chicago

08/26/2008 = Check cashed

09/02/2008 = NOA1 for EAD and AOS received in the mail.

4400355_bodyshot_300x400.gif4400923_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

I'm not very physically active. I'm actually surprised at how many have answered so far about going to the gym so often.

As a kid I was more active playing outside and was briefly in gymnastics. I can't believe I could at one time do a cartwheel. No way could I now. :lol:

As a teenager became less active, I did not like sports or anything involving running around.

Not that long ago I was using the stationary bike a few times a week to lose weight, which helped. After pregnancy I hope to lose more weight and get more active. I can't do anything intense on my feet like walking miles or jumping because of ankle problems, so biking is a good option for me. But I have to force myself to do it, I do not enjoy it. :no:

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

I forgot something...I also was in dance for many years even as a teenager so I guess that counts as activity. But I really enjoyed it so it didn't feel like exercise to me. If I could I would still like to take different dance classes but my ankles don't allow it. :(

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

well..i was very active as a teenager...participating as the only girl on an American football team for my junior high school, playing basketball, baseball, volleyball, and competing in weightlifting...

Then i met my ex hub..had 2 kids..and well..everything went down hill..pmpl

I tend to do walking now when i get a chance....and love to do tae bo..again..when i get a chance..lol

Edited by ♥C and P♥

I-129F

13 April 2007--Mailed I-129F (Processed at California Service Center)

18 April 2007--Received NOA1

13 Aug. 2007--Received NOA2

09 Oct. 2007--Medical in London

08 Nov. 2007--Visa Interview & Approved

14 Nov. 2007--Pete receives K1 visa in the mail

21 Nov. 2007-- Pete arrives in the United States (together at last!!)

27 Dec. 2007--Our 3 year anniversary of being engaged

16 Feb. 2008--We were married!!

AOS

........ho hum....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I used to lift weights 3 times a week and then jog twice a week, for a total of 5 days of exercise. Now that I have moved and started my new job, I have absolutely no time or energy to do that. I need to get back to doing something though. I'm starting to get a pouch.

3dflags_usa0001-0003a.gif3dflags_tha0001-0003a.gif

I-129F

Petition mailed to Nebraska Service Center 06/04/2007

Petition received by CSC 06/19/2007...NOA1

I love my Siamese kitten...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

HATE sports of all kinds... HATE organised formal exercise - it seems so pointless to me... get bored walking for the sake of it... just plain lazy really.

I was a regularly active kid and I loved riding my bike and going swimming, but I always loathed sports/PE sessions at school because I'm fat, short-sighted and uncoordinated and I was constantly picked on because of it. I was ALWAYS the last kid on the bench and it's loathable... I don't even like WATCHING sports, let alone playing them, so there's no way I'd take up any sort of organised sporting activity as an adult.

I've had sporadic bursts of 'exercising for improved fitness' through my life and every time I've had good results while I've kept it up, but I get bored very quickly and it's too easy for me to be distracted out of it and to get out of the habit entirely. I used to walk a lot, but since I moved to Florida I don't walk ANYWHERE - the incredible heat and humidity is my excuse, but really I'm just lazy.

Last year I swam a bit, but I haven't gotten into it this summer because I keep getting hurt. I keep thinking I should join a gym and go to Curves or something, but the logistics just aren't practical - not to mention the cost.

Karen - Melbourne, Australia/John - Florida, USA

- Proposal (20 August 2000) to marriage (19 December 2004) - 4 years, 3 months, 25 days (1,578 days)

STAGE 1 - Applying for K1 (15 September 2003) to K1 Approval (13 July 2004) - 9 months, 29 days (303 days)

STAGE 2A - Arriving in US (4 Nov 2004) to AOS Application (16 April 2005) - 5 months, 13 days (164 days)

STAGE 2B - Applying for AOS to GC Approval - 9 months, 4 days (279 days)

STAGE 3 - Lifting Conditions. Filing (19 Dec 2007) to Approval (December 11 2008)

STAGE 4 - CITIZENSHIP (filing under 5-year rule - residency start date on green card Jan 11th, 2006)

*N400 filed December 15, 2011

*Interview March 12, 2012

*Oath Ceremony March 23, 2012.

ALL DONE!!!!!!!!

Lessee. At school I was competitive swimmer (regularly came second... I was a sure bet for it) and soccer, played baseball and always looked forward to P.E (well except for the teacher, he was an ###).

Got out of school and moved to where I had to walk 30 mins up and down a hill *each way* to go to 'University'.

and now for the past hmm 5 years, I walk for 45 mins- an hour 5-7 days a week, and once in a while do the Claudia Shieffer workout video.

... and I'm still obese :\

Only time I lost weight was when I was on a diet of water, diet coke and an egg...

The Beginning

September 29th, 1999 - 'hooked' up with Dave after chatting with him for about a year online.

October 23rd, 2004 - September 29th, 5 years to the day, he proposed to me =D

July 23rd, 2005 - Dave comes over for the wedding on July 27th at the beach :)

Sometime in December, he sends off I-130 to Texas and promptly leaves me in the dark like a mushroom x.X...

The Saga Continues *dumdeduuummm*

August - phone NVC. intriguing :\ Phoned again, ah hah! the truth... no record of us >< losers... Go and visit Dave for 3 months...

End of January, we sent the petition back in again. 2 weeks later, we actually get a number in our hot little hands.

April 5th - NOA2 approved!

April sometime, received and sent back Choice of Agent

May 18th - Received IV Bill

May 28th - Sent IV Bill MO back

June 11th - DS-230 generated

July 12th - Received and sent back DS-230 packet

July 19th - NVC Sent Husband checklist of AoS. They forgot to fill in N/A fills with.... N/A x.X

July 23rd - DS-230 entered

July 26th - NVC received checklist regarding financial suppliment (ie, got a talking to on the phone :P)

August 1st - sent financial papers back

August 3rd - (Automatic msg) Financial records lacking! ARGH!~

August 7th - Received actual fixed paperwork - 'processing'

August 17th - NVC COMPLETED CASE!~

September 10th - Received packet 3

September 17th - Medical in Brisbane

November 14th - Interview VISA GRANTED

December 8th - Landed in USA

December 24th - GreenCard Arrives

we need YOGA on the listtttttt

oh yea...i walk A LOT because i live in new york city and dont own a car (personal choice)...i go to the gym (to do some cardio and yoga) about twice a week, but im still a chub...im healthy, but i just carry around a few extra pounds with me, what can i say? ;)

my fiance walks A LOT as well, because he also doesnt have a car...he is in better shape than me, because his job requires a good amount of physical activity...he plays soccer on the weekends too

Edited by babybluesusie

Removal of Conditions NOA: 2/24/11

Biometrics Appt: 8/15/11

ROC Approval: 9/30/11

Card Production Ordered: 10/11/11

Card Received: 10/15/11