Hmmehanna

n400 withdraw form that we didn't request

35 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 minute ago, Hmmehanna said:

thanks to all of you. you guys are awesome I'll keep you updated  

Please do.  This will be a very, very valuable piece of the VJ knowledgebase.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

The fact that the officer offered to withdraw the application is an indication that there is something wrong/missing/incomplete in the application or in the applicant status. As far as I know and from personal experience, officers don't just offer you to withdraw your application out of no where.

The immigration process caused me PTSD.

Timeline
Posted (edited)

update: so apparently he ask her to sign the withdrawal form to cancel the interview instead of giving her a denied decision. I'm confused when we filed the application online the website tool let us do it . The date on her green card is 05/03/2021 we filed the application 02/05/2024 . she traveled outside the U.S for less than 3 months total . So how come she didn't meet the requirements? If she is going to reapply when we can do it? thank you 

Edited by Hmmehanna

Timeline
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Hmmehanna said:

update: so apparently he ask her to sign the withdrawal form to cancel the interview instead of giving her a denied decision. I'm confused when we filed the application online the website tool let us do it . The date on her green card is 05/03/2021 we filed the application 02/05/2024 . she traveled outside the U.S for less than 3 months total . So how come she didn't meet the requirements? If she is going to reapply when we can do it? thank you 

Her filing date should fine (although you stated she filed on the first day she was eligible). Her 90 day windows opened on 2/3/2024.  If she withdrew, she could re-file immediately....but I don't think that is a wise decision until you find out why the officer would have denied the case.  Are you sure the withdrawal notice status isn't a mistake?

image.png.a8e09763a38e3ec44589feb461593154.png

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
36 minutes ago, Hmmehanna said:

I'm confused when we filed the application online the website tool let us do it . The date on her green card is 05/03/2021 we filed the application 02/05/2024 .

I'm with you on this one. Her window open on 02/03 and she submitted on 02/05 which seems fine so it's confusing why she was asked to withdraw.

Are you sure she didn't submit on 02/03? Unless the timezone/computer glitch thing is now is even more out of whack which won't make sense. This is a head scratcher.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

Her filing date should fine.  If she withdrew, she could re-file immediately....but I don't think that is a wise decision until you find out why the officer would have denied the case.  Are you sure the withdrawal notice status isn't a mistake?

image.png.a8e09763a38e3ec44589feb461593154.png

After she passed the civic test he told her I can't give you the approve since you filed your application earlier than it should be . Regarding your question that it could have happened since she didn't fully understand everything he told her, but still I don't see why he told her that she filed early. you think I should hire a lawyer ?

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Hmmehanna said:

I can't give you the approve since you filed your application earlier than it should be

Did you just now discover this?  Are you 100% sure of the date she filed?

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Hmmehanna said:

you think I should hire a lawyer ?

If you are 100% sure she didn't file early, I would contact my Senator and ask them to make an iquiry.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Hmmehanna said:

yes 100%

Did she file online or by paper?

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

Did she file online or by paper?

she filed online. I asked her again she told me the officer explained that she is now in the U.S for three years but not at the time of the application. I guess since he confirmed it three years now we can reapply for it again. 

Timeline
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Hmmehanna said:

she filed online. I asked her again she told me the officer explained that she is now in the U.S for three years but not at the time of the application. I guess since he confirmed it three years now we can reapply for it again. 

If he said that, he is wrong.  Contact your Senator.

USCIS Early Filing Calculator | USCIS

"

You may file Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, 90 calendar days before you complete your continuous residence requirement if your eligibility for naturalization is based upon being a:

• Permanent resident for at least 5 years; or
  • Permanent resident for at least 3 years if you are married to a US citizen."
Edited by Crazy Cat

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

If the reason provided was in fact " in the U.S for three years but not at the time of the application", I would just double or triple-check

1. The date on the Green card exactly

2. The date of the application 

If this still makes sense and was within the 90-day early-filing window or beyond, then I'm going to guess that there was a different reason for denying the application, and he put that as the reason so that it was more or less denied "without prejudice".

Ie: You didn't meet a specific requirement, so I'm going to mark down that your application was not within the 3 years so that you can re-apply as soon as possible.

I am also guessing that, due to the marriage, it wouldn't fall under the 5-year requirement, so being 2 years too early is not the case. 

People are suggesting to call senators and whatnot, but as a first step, you could always try calling the USCIS to speak to a representative. Someone with access to the file should be able to see the date of filing, vs the 3 year date and come to a conclusion about what the withdrawal was for. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.