Hopeful Dreams

Processing times currently? (K1 VISA)

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I-129F submitted in Dec 2023 are being worked on currently. But USCIS works on fairly wide range of cases, and it is not known when they will speed up since prices went up on 1 April 2024 their processing speed might be affected. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

country of the immigrant is important as to scheduling the inrerview after  USCIS approves documents and NVC assigns the embassy case #

you can check your country by hitting the word portal above and reading embassy reviews and other posts but creating  a timeline and posting a flag would help

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
36 minutes ago, Hopeful Dreams said:

Out of curiosity what are the processing times currently? 

image.png.20c8a9e62dcf5784a11fa79ec7dbff2e.png

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Can't say for sure but your other thread makes me think you are from the UK.

If you are UK, I'd suggest that you get comfortable with the idea of it being an approx. 12 month process from first filing to visa - some VJ users say it's more, some say it's less.

For reference, we got our NOA1 in mid-April and my timeline is now estimating adjudication in mid-Oct (7 months). I'm told that once the consulate picks things up, then it will get quicker but you never know.

It is not all bad though, as you are still free to visit your partner (and should as it will only benefit your application).

Personally, I find that establishing the dates for my next trip (even if we can't buy the flights just yet) gives me a light at the end of the tunnel. I was there in March, but now have to wait until December. I just keep thinking that every day takes me a step closer to being with the person I love again. It's all a matter of perspective.

Edited by smilingstone

[I-129F to K1]   

I-129F Sent: 2024-03-30    

I-129F NOA1 (Text): 2024-04-17  

I-129F NOA1 (Mail): 2024-04-27    

Estimated NOA2: September 2024 🤞

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Hopeful Dreams said:

Sorry what do the terms CSC , TSC, VSC mean? I'm assuming for the K1 visa its from October 2023 to April 2024 but is that only for NOA 2 or is that the time frame to actually have the visa too? 

CSC = California Service Centre

TSC = Texas Service Centre

VSC = Vermont Service Centre

From what I understand, the petitioner's (USC) location will determine what service centre the application is sent to.

The chart indicates that applications which received an NOA1 on those dates, from those centres, are due to get an NOA2 shortly. TSC is notably slower at processing than CSC and VSC, which is why the dates differ.

End of Oct 23 to end of April 24 = approx 6/7 months.

That chart does not indicate processing from NOA2 to K1. Looking at VJ user timelines in a similar geographic situation to yourself can help you to understand what to expect there.

This is a very useful link that I suggest you bookmark. It will give you a very clear overview on the process and what to expect:

Processing times shared by @Crazy Cat are here:

https://www.visajourney.com/times/

[I-129F to K1]   

Timeline

CSC is California Service Center

V is Vermont

T is Texas

With very few exceptions, CSC processes K-1.  If your case number starts with WAC, it is at CSC.

The VJ estimate is only to NOA2.  It is only based on VJ user inputs, so it is not the most accurate thing in the world since so few users input their information.  It's an estimate anyway, so take it as just that.  Mine took 12 months from NOA1 to NOA2 (6/22 to 6/23).  Things look to be a bit faster now.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
6 minutes ago, smilingstone said:

From what I understand, the petitioner's (USC) location will determine what service centre the application is sent to.

No, that is not the case for petition processing.  I-129fs go to the California Service Center while I-130s go to a particular service center based on USCIS workload and internal processes.  They are not assigned based on geographical locations.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

No, that is not the case for petition processing.  I-129fs go to the California Service Center while I-130s go to a particular service center based on USCIS workload and internal processes.  They are not assigned based on geographical locations.

Ah, the more you know! Thanks for correcting :) 

[I-129F to K1]   

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
1 hour ago, Hopeful Dreams said:

I guess I'll be waiting for a while then 😕 

This is only meant as a gentle jab, but strap in cause it's a long ride in general. :)

If you get used to waiting, using the down times to research the next steps and collecting documentation, you'll be able to keep your sanity through it. Best of luck!

Timeline
3 hours ago, Hopeful Dreams said:

After receiving NOA 1 how long would it be till NOA 2?

And from NOA2 I assume is the next form DS-160?

Then interview and medical exam?

(Processed the files start of March) 

Hi! we got NOA1 last Nov 2023 and just last April 10, about 5mos after we got NOA2 . Hopefully a  just little bit more wait now 'til we got NVC number. We are getting my interview here in Bahrain. 

*cross finger*

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
8 hours ago, Hopeful Dreams said:

After receiving NOA 1 how long would it be till NOA 2?

And from NOA2 I assume is the next form DS-160?

Then interview and medical exam?

(Processed the files start of March) 

Don't be discouraged, my fiancée and I got approved yesterday, 

NOA1- December 11th 2023

NOA2- April 22nd 2024

I recommend getting track my visa now as its very accurate. Best of luck! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.