1,183 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, balo101 said:

is your case still stuck at break ground check? If yes then why do not you do your own background check via third party and send the result to USCIS?

Do you have list of those third party firms that do Background check? esp in DMV area. Thank you.

is your case still stuck at break ground check? If yes then why do not you do your own background check via third party and send the result to USCIS?

Do you have list of those third party firms that do Background check? esp in DMV area. Thank you.

12 hours ago, Hope4me said:

Please do you have any recommendations or know of any? Will be state or federal background checks?

no i do not know any. It has to be federal background check. I remember someone did that. I do not have contact info for that person otherwise i would find out.

11 hours ago, i-need-help-pls said:

Hello Family, I went to Identogo office today and I don't know which of the follow I need to do.Β 

Β 

Β Do IΒ  need to do 4 out of it.Β  Digital Fingerprinting , State History check, FBI History check and Fingerprint Card ?Β 

How do I send it to USCIS, hardcopy or email ?Β Β 

Β 

image.thumb.png.40d828b782a286f1dcebd5b721e4f9cb.png

FBIΒ 

2 hours ago, mtuu said:

no i do not know. If you google it you will find it someone in your neighborhood.Β 

Filed: Other Country: Ghana
Timeline
11 minutes ago, balo101 said:

no i do not know any. It has to be federal background check. I remember someone did that. I do not have contact info for that person otherwise i would find out.

FBIΒ 

ThanksΒ 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 5/6/2024 at 5:56 PM, i-need-help-pls said:

Thanks. Can I do FBI background check and ask my congressman to send to USCIS or I can send it myself ?Β 

This is not an FBI background check. They are verifying your statements and information.Β 

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration JourneyΒ 

Β 

Β 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

To relieve tension and (if correlation = causation) bring forth approvals and positive news, here's ourΒ Semiofficial Semiweekly VAWA-Thread Joke:

=============================================================

THE BLONDE AT THE SALON

Β 

A blonde was rollerblading with her headphones on.

Β 

She stopped at a hair salon and asked for a haircut, saying that the hair stylist could not take off her headphones. Β The stylist refused to cut her hair, so she left.

Β 

The blonde went to a different hair salon and said the same thing. Β This time, the stylist agreed to cut her hair.

Β 

After a while, the blonde fell asleep in the chair. Β To wake her, the stylist took off the headphones. Β The blonde immediately fell to the floor and died.

Β 

Confused by what had happened, the stylist put on the headphones and heard, "Breathe in, breathe out; breathe in, breathe out..."

:PΒ 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 5/2/2024 at 10:12 AM, Poupis said:

Good morning!

I have decided I'm going to send my medicals without them asking. I literally sent my files in November 2017, I'm so over this process. It took almost 7 years ( I don't know why ) to get my VAWA approved (september 2023), I don't have any court, came with a visa, no criminal record etc So at this point I have nothing to lose by sending my medical lol - when I call USCIS they say the last update was Biometrics done back in September and no other update since then

Should I just sent it along with my 485 receipt only or should I write a letter saying more information?Β 

Β 

Also sometimes I feel like just sending a new I485 with my vawa approval. What do you guys think about that?

Β 

Thank you

Β 

Do not send the medical exam without being asked. They will not add on your file.

Timeline
On 5/5/2024 at 11:40 PM, Priya25 said:

Hello fam,

Its been a year since I had my Vawa approval but there is no update on my i-485. When I reached out to congress person for update uscis repiled asking to provide a letter stating i am adult and waive 8 USC Section 1367. Has any ony one experienced this as well and if yes please share if there is a form for the same.

I am not sure why are they just sitting on my case and not moving at all and not providing any details as well. I am getting very anxious.

Your congressperson did not send to USCIS the document allowing USCIS to disclosure of information. It's mandatory to submit this document, the congressperson should have known better.

Timeline
On 5/1/2024 at 9:15 PM, Risen said:

Finally, I recieved our green card tonight Hallelujah! Glory be to God.Β Β 

My child name was not properly written, a YΒ  letter was used instead of U. We going to be travelling out soon.

You need to ask USCIS to fix this problem before traveling.

Β 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.