1,198 posts in this topic

Just now, Aadi135 said:

Question: I filed whole application by myself I-360/I-485, when i get RFE for my I485, i hired Lawyer, and filled G-28 form, If USCIS will send any RFE for I-360 or PF, will they send it to my lawyer even though i just hired her for I-485? 

Depends on what was put as the form numbers on the G-28.

Anyways, with a G-28 they send a copy of any notices to both the attorney and you.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, Demise said:

Depends on what was put as the form numbers on the G-28.

Anyways, with a G-28 they send a copy of any notices to both the attorney and you.

Just 360 receipt number. I didn’t received receipt. Only my attorney did. How can I remove attorney from my case ? 

13 minutes ago, Aadi135 said:

Just 360 receipt number. I didn’t received receipt. Only my attorney did. How can I remove attorney from my case ? 

New G-28 to be filed if you're switching attorneys. Or you have to write a letter asking attorney to be removed.

Edited by OldUser

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
34 minutes ago, OldUser said:

New G-28 to be filed if you're switching attorneys. Or you have to write a letter asking attorney to be removed.

Thanks, will write to uscis to remove my attorney 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 11/6/2023 at 2:08 PM, 2020filer said:

Hi fam! Have you guys filled out an Ombudsman request before? Is it something that could hurt your petition in terms of reputation with USCIS? Background: my lawyer told me to fill out the Ombudsman request since my 485 was denied in error saying I didn't have an underlying approved petition as a basis of 485 however I had approved Vawa. 

They are not going to do anything about a petition denied two years ago. 

you can try. 

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello Friends,

I submitted my vawa application in 2021 and I have not heard back since then. I used to regularly receive a prima facie document which I use in college to receive financial aid. But USCIS haven't sent a new one since the last one expired in july, 2023. I changed address and informed them but don't know if my records have been updated. is there a way to formally request a prima facie and check if my address got update.

Thanks for your time

4 hours ago, ajango said:

Hello Friends,

I submitted my vawa application in 2021 and I have not heard back since then. I used to regularly receive a prima facie document which I use in college to receive financial aid. But USCIS haven't sent a new one since the last one expired in july, 2023. I changed address and informed them but don't know if my records have been updated. is there a way to formally request a prima facie and check if my address got update.

Thanks for your time

you can write to Vermont to request the Prima Facia or you get help from your congress person/senator. They should be able to help you to get the Prima facia. Good luck! 

Hoping I can get some input here. Mainly due to the fact my lawyer hasn't been very helpful.

I submitted a I-485 in June 2020 with marriage. The marriage went south quickly and then filed a I-360, which has been approved.  

During this time I left the country because my lawyer led me to believe I had an approved I-131.  When I came back, I was told by CBP that my I-131 hadn't been approved, but I was let back in.  My previous I-485 hasn't been denied yet. Though it should be since I left the country.  

However, my lawyer is pressing me to file a new I-485 right away, even though the previous one wasn't denied.  Can I have two pending I-485 through marriage? Any suggestions as to what I can do, besides get a new lawyer 😕

26 minutes ago, CanadianTank said:

Hoping I can get some input here. Mainly due to the fact my lawyer hasn't been very helpful.

I submitted a I-485 in June 2020 with marriage. The marriage went south quickly and then filed a I-360, which has been approved.  

During this time I left the country because my lawyer led me to believe I had an approved I-131.  When I came back, I was told by CBP that my I-131 hadn't been approved, but I was let back in.  My previous I-485 hasn't been denied yet. Though it should be since I left the country.  

However, my lawyer is pressing me to file a new I-485 right away, even though the previous one wasn't denied.  Can I have two pending I-485 through marriage? Any suggestions as to what I can do, besides get a new lawyer 😕

Your lawyer is right. You abandoned I-485 (AOS) when you left the country.

No reason to wait for denial. You can file a new I-485 (if eligible) and withdraw the old one.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
58 minutes ago, CanadianTank said:

You won’t be filing another one based on marriage. You will be filing a new I-485 based upon your approved VAWA

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

It is Wednesday, and -- oh, joy! -- time for our Semiofficial Semiweekly VAWA-Thread Joke:

======================================================

THE BLIND GUY AT THE BAR

A blind man entered a bar and found his way to a barstool.

After ordering a drink and sitting there for a while, the blind guy yelled to the bartender, "Hey!  You wanna hear a blonde joke?"  The bar immediately became very quiet.

In a husky, deep voice, the woman next to him said, “Before you tell that joke, you should know something.  The bartender is blonde, the bouncer is blonde, and I'm a six-foot-tall, 200-pound blonde with a black belt in karate.  What's more, the guy sitting next to me is blonde, and he's a weightlifter.  The woman to your right is a blonde, and she's a professional wrestler.  Think about it seriously, mister -- do you still want to tell that blonde joke?"

"Nah," said the blind guy.  "Not if I'm going to have to explain it five times."

:P 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Hello everyone! 

I received my VAWA green card on 22 February 2021, and now about to apply for my naturalization citizenship as the three years since I received my green card will be completed in February 2024. When I try to initiate an online application for N-400, the eligibility questions say you are ineligible for applying for citizenship application. 

Can anyone help me how can i do my citizenship application?  Am I eligible to apply for citizenship? 

Is it good idea to hire attorney for this N-400 application? 

Thanks

23 minutes ago, dimond said:

Is it good idea to hire attorney for this N-400 application? 

Thanks

My understanding is, you can certainly file on paper.

Yes, it is a good idea to hire an attorney for the last leg of your immigration journey. It's not required, but I would.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 11/5/2023 at 6:56 PM, Liam T said:

Hi everyone,

I submitted an inquiry on my i485 case, and they completed review it, I would like to ask how to know the result/response for that inquiry?

Since UICIS received my Medical Exam on April, the status did not change anything else than “ready for schedule an interview”

IMG_1457.jpeg

You will not receive an answer, but they will respond to the congressman's inquiry.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.