Myroslava

N-400 interview got cancelled 2 weeks before the interview

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I submitted my N-400 on February 11 based on 3 years rule. I had I-751 pending since February 16 2023. It was approved without an interview a few days later after filing for citizenship.

I got my interview date for April 2 and today I got a letter that my interview was cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances. Did any of you guys have similar experience? How long does it take them to reschedule? Thank you in advance 

Timeline
Ontarkie
This post was recognized by Ontarkie!

mniceguy16 was awarded the badge 'Helpful Reply' and 2 points.

1 hour ago, Myroslava said:

I submitted my N-400 on February 11 based on 3 years rule. I had I-751 pending since February 16 2023. It was approved without an interview a few days later after filing for citizenship.

I got my interview date for April 2 and today I got a letter that my interview was cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances. Did any of you guys have similar experience? How long does it take them to reschedule? Thank you in advance 

This happened to me. My interview was actually cancelled few hours before the interview. Reason was that my file was not with them. I got another interview after a little bit over a month. They will definitely send a mail to you when you will be rescheduled. Don’t think too much about it.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, mniceguy16 said:

This happened to me. My interview was actually cancelled few hours before the interview. Reason was that my file was not with them. I got another interview after a little bit over a month. They will definitely send a mail to you when you will be rescheduled. Don’t think too much about it.

Thank you so much for your answer 

Happened to me also. One week before my original scheduled interview I received a cancellation. The very next day I received a new interview date for a month post the original date.

Lots of reasons for a cancellation but I wouldn’t worry about it.  

USA via Scotland, South Africa, Rhodesia, Brazil, Qatar & India

2000. H1B…

2014. L1A…

2017. LPR…

2021. N400

Timeline
2 hours ago, PVR Bound said:

Happened to me also. One week before my original scheduled interview I received a cancellation. The very next day I received a new interview date for a month post the original date.

Lots of reasons for a cancellation but I wouldn’t worry about it.  

Thank you. I will keep checking my account for the new date. I got my original interview date a few days after filing N 400 which was unbelievably fast

35 minutes ago, Myroslava said:

Thank you. I will keep checking my account for the new date. I got my original interview date a few days after filing N 400 which was unbelievably fast

I think USCIS rushed the notice and then realized they're not ready to conduct the interview. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.