144 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 4/9/2024 at 7:02 PM, M and Mike said:

That was so quick. What did you do different that make it so quick. I can see people are waiting for months.

nothing, super common for people to get EAD within a month but not everyone does. No one knows why. AOS is a lot more random timelines than k1

I-129f filed: 2022-10-21  ||  NOA1: 2022-10-24  ||  NOA2: 2023-09-21
NVC Received: 2023-10-13  ||  NVC in transit: 2023-10-24  ||  NVC Ready: 2023-10-26 

Medical: 2023-11-24  ||  Interview: 2023-12-14  ||  CEAC Issued: 2023-12-18  ||  VOH: 2023-12-20
Entry to US: 2024-02-14 || Married: 2024-02-29

---

AOS filed: 2024-03-18 ||  NOA1: 2024-03-20 || Biometrics: 2024-04-01
EAD NOA2: 2024-04-02  ||  EAD Received: 2024-04-24
GC Approval: ...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
7 hours ago, OldUser said:

Wife should be more active about her immigration and manage cases herself. You can offer help / oversee the process. 

Yes I agree! Tell her that lol 🙃😂

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Just received the hard cope of NOA1 for both of my k2s in the mail today. My wife’s hasn’t come yet, but I think hers is just behind a few days, since it also took longer for her receipt number to show any status in the system. 

IMPORTANT NOTE FOR THOSE WITH K2 AOS!! :

You will want to make a separate my USCIS account for each k2. It will not let you track multiple people’s cases on one account. (I learned this the hard way because I put the access code for my stepdaughters case into my wife’s account, and when I tried to enter another it wouldn’t allow it) 

so just make sure you are creating a separate account for each immigrant, even children. Also if anyone knows if I can remove the case from my wife’s account and just create a new one let me know. Since now my wife’s account with her email has turned into my step daughters account. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
On 4/8/2024 at 1:44 PM, Roy an Panitta said:

hello joining this group i filed my I485 an packet on March 8th via Fed Ex an got a signature that it was recieved on Mar 11th.. so far as of today April 8 the checks still havent been cashed an iv not heard anything from USCIS were coming up on out 90 days on April 14th so im hetting a freaked out here any ideas

My Credit Card was charged on 12th April  ( delivered 9th March). No text or email notice yet.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
7 minutes ago, P Bista said:

My Credit Card was charged on 12th April  ( delivered 9th March). No text or email notice yet.

I'm sure you did, but did you attach the G-1445 form? We got our receipt notice on a Friday and our check was cashed Monday next week.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

1 hour ago, Izzymael said:

I'm sure you did, but did you attach the G-1445 form? We got our receipt notice on a Friday and our check was cashed Monday next week.

I did attach G-1445 for both AOS and EAD, Guess I'll have to wait for hard copy.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Update!  My i485 is finally available on 4/11. Biometrics will be reused for the i485 and i765. The i485 is "Actively being reviewed" as of 4/11. I know that means nothing aanndd I'm able to track it lawfully and case tracker. 😝

I received my NOA's on Saturday 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

23 hours ago, P Bista said:

Wow... my checks were cashed on April 12th and i got the email notification on Mon the 15th telling me my case was recieved on Mar 11th and they would be sending me the recipt notice in the mail.. exactly 1 month an a day from when i filed and 2 days before my wife an K2 daughters I94 expires.. so were hoping for a quick I765 responce ao my wife can get a job.. she's dying to get moveing in that direction

Hello all!

Just a little update. Attended my biometrics appointment 04/17 in Alexandria, VA. Took a grand total of 5-10 minutes to go in, find where it was, check in, and have my fingerprints and photo taken. It was incredibly fast and there were only 4-5 people in the waiting area. I am going to guess it was because it as mid-week at 12pm. My cases immediately changed to "actively reviewed". I saw something on here that made me check my USCIS account and see if anything had changed - turns out my I-765 has already been approved, with the approval date being 04/19. This whole experience is surreal as the K1 process has conditioned me to think everything takes years.

Hoping for quick approvals for everyone else too!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My I-765 status changed to "Card Was Produced" on April 20th.

18 March 2024 - AOS/EAD/AP - Case filed

18 March 2024 - AOS/EAD/AP - Case received

21 March 2024 - AOS/EAD/AP - NOA1 via text

22 March 2024 - AOS - Biometrics appointment scheduled

1 April 2024 - AOS/EAD/AP - NOA1 via mail

2 April 2024 - AOS/EAD Biometrics done

11 April 2024 - EAD Approval notice received (I-797)

20 April 2024 - EAD status change - Card Was Produced

25 April 2024 - EAD card received 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Case received March 4th. 

Biometrics April 10th. 

Nothing since then. No updates on 485 or 765. 

Phoenix, AZ field office. Anyone else had a long wait after biometrics? I want to work. 

Timeline

I checked the Document tabs today and found out my EAD was approved yesterday. The status is still 'being actively reviewed by USCIS', I guess it takes a while to update.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Izzymael said:

I checked the Document tabs today and found out my EAD was approved yesterday. The status is still 'being actively reviewed by USCIS', I guess it takes a while to update.

I've not been able to get the documents tab to work. On a K1, I can't seem to find a way to verify my identity on the USCIS site

Timeline
1 minute ago, nickachu said:

I've not been able to get the documents tab to work. On a K1, I can't seem to find a way to verify my identity on the USCIS site

What verification? When you have to enter your birth date and some access code?

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Izzymael said:

What verification? When you have to enter your birth date and some access code?

My cases show up like this, even though I've had the NOAs and the biometrics appointment, no documents tab. 

Screenshot_20240422-111621.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.