JEN SHAH

L-1 APPROVED BY USCIS, REFUSED UNDER 221G FOR MORE THAN 180 DAYS. (Merged threads)

37 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I noticed a pattern wherein every time I email the consulate all they do is update the case last updated date. They do not reply to emails and it still stays refused. Short backstory - I am under administrative process for more than 180 days, documents submitted since more than a month. Case updated thrice so far but no email otherwise. Let me know if someone went through a similiar situation.

Upvote1Downvote0commentsShare

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

adding the email to the case is auto update that u did/  found that out when a gf was told that for her case

embassy answers to most emails are computer generated and will say something like "Case is in AP for additional security checks,  you can check your case for information and updates on following site"

Basically if there is not yet a decision to approve or deny,  there is no information  to give u and u need to wait it out 

We know it is a hard and heartbreaking process but many of us went thru long waits and the reward at the end is worth it 

My visa took 6 years so i do know and wish u well

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You should fill out your timeline so you can get more country specific information: https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=468265

There is no specific timeline on when cases will be adjudicated after a person is issued a 221g or a DS-5535. Depending on why the 221g was issued, 6 months isn't actually that long for a number of consulates.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

8 hours ago, JEN SHAH said:

Hey guys, I noticed a pattern wherein every time I email the consulate all they do is update the case last updated date. They do not reply to emails and it still stays refused. Short backstory - I am under administrative process for more than 180 days, documents submitted since more than a month. Case updated thrice so far but no email otherwise. Let me know if someone went through a similiar situation.

Upvote1Downvote0commentsShare

Lots of people have. You can search the forum to find others’ experiences, but everybody is different - some people will only be in AP for 2 weeks, others for 2 years. 

Your case is updated because you’ve emailed them. 

As you’ve been told on your other threads you only have two choices - wait it out, or ask your company’s immi lawyers about filing a WOM. 

4 hours ago, JEN SHAH said:

keeping this thread alive incase someone going through a similar thing replies

There are long running threads about AP so worth doing a search for them. But as you'll see from those, the length of time varies hugely (as above, 2 weeks to 2 years or even more), depending on the reasons for it and the country(ies) where the checks are being done. Some countries are known to take much longer as their records aren't great, others will be quicker at getting the info needed. But have a search and hopefully you'll find some relevant info on some of the AP threads. 

13 minutes ago, JEN SHAH said:

i've been doing these searches for a long time! I am coming across more and more cases but in most cases within 15/20 days of submitting the documents, there is some answer! mine seems to be a special case or they don't have time to process it!

It's rare that AP would be that quick unless it was just for a missing documents, yours is more complicated than that from what you've said. And are those other cases from India? 

• powerpuff changed the title to L-1 APPROVED BY USCIS, REFUSED UNDER 221G FOR MORE THAN 180 DAYS. (Merged threads)
  • 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, JEN SHAH said:

Update: Randomly called up USCIS to ask if there is any issue, they said they have forgotten to send the approval file to the consulate in dubai! Do mot understand how can someone forget to send the approval after approving themselves!

I don't know if I trust that response over the phone? USCIS tier 1 officers are known to give some random answers to get people off the phone and go to next caller.

Edited by OldUser

On 3/22/2024 at 6:15 AM, JEN SHAH said:

Update: Randomly called up USCIS to ask if there is any issue, they said they have forgotten to send the approval file to the consulate in dubai! Do mot understand how can someone forget to send the approval after approving themselves!

That makes no sense.  Haven't you already had your interview?  Why would an interview have even happened if USCIS hadn't sent the file to the consulate?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.