ghostinthemachine

I-751 ROC Filers - January 2024

128 posts in this topic

On 2/5/2024 at 2:45 PM, Trese said:

Same goes for me.

1/16/24 - packet sent to Phoenix lockbox via USPS

1/19/24 - delivered (Case was received and a receipt notice was sent.)

1/24/24 - text from USCIS with IOE receipt number

1/25/24 - check payment cashed/posted on bank app

1/26/24 - Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

1/31/24 - received bio reuse letter in mail

2/1/24 - received NOA/extension letter in mail

I have a feeling that would be the last of my updates for a very long time. 🤪

What  is yours service center, mine is CSC. USCIS website shows 22 months processing time for CSC

2 hours ago, Kica said:

What  is yours service center, mine is CSC. USCIS website shows 22 months processing time for CSC

Nebraska. Last I checked, processing time there is 19 months. But at this point, since I already have the extension letter, I'm good. It will most probably still be stuck/processing when I file N400 next year anyway.

event.png

11 hours ago, Kica said:

Oh I didn't know yours ended up at CSC also. As if all 1/22 receipts went there for some reason 😂 also you were totally right about the receipt notice/extension in the mail... ended up showing up yesterday (although oddly not on Informed Delivery)

asdf

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Timeline Update

1/3 Filled I-751 and Sent on 1/10

1/17 Got USCIS IOE#.Case was received and a receipt notice was sent.

1/23 Check cashed

1/26 Case Tracker update :Biometrics appointment was scheduled.

2/2 Received Bio appointment in mail and rescheduled the bio appointment online

2/6 Received  NOA and extension letter in mail

2/7 Done Bio in person and status changed to "Actively reviewed"

It's a long long journey till i find my way home to you

I-751 Timeline

1/23 Check cashed

2/6 Received  NOA and extension letter in mail

I'm not even carrying my physical GC unless I'm travelling abroad so I'd hope not 😂 I just have scanned copies of both on my phone just in case.

asdf

1 hour ago, mochiswan said:

Does anyone know if we have to carry the original extension letter on us at all time after our green card expires or just a copy is enough?

By law, you have to carry both.

In practice, not many do. The risk of losing original documents is not worth it.

I'd at least have digital copies of both GC and extension letter plus physical printouts, especially if you live close to border. For international travel - you must have both to board a plane.

Timeline
15 hours ago, mochiswan said:

Does anyone know if we have to carry the original extension letter on us at all time after our green card expires or just a copy is enough?

Based on my friend's experience it has to be original.

I-751 Timeline

1/23 Check cashed

Timeline
5 hours ago, Trese said:

Why, what happened to your friend?

I mean if you are going abroad. It's not necessary to bring it everyday.

I-751 Timeline

1/23 Check cashed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I had a question about rental agreements... if you're month to month and haven't moved since the aos, will you just send the same thing? Because it's rental to rent, we're not required to resign  a lease 

1 hour ago, Onome said:

I had a question about rental agreements... if you're month to month and haven't moved since the aos, will you just send the same thing? Because it's rental to rent, we're not required to resign  a lease 

Yes, as there's nothing else to provide.

Sometimes you'd get rent increased and a letter addressed to tenants. I'd attach that potentially too.

Edited by OldUser

• 4 weeks later...

Just filed the change of address and can see in the portal that it says "Request changed" and the new address in my profile... anyone have any first hand experience of whether that means the change has definitely gone through? I know there's been issues in the past with it not reflecting correctly for people 🙃

Screenshot 2024-03-07 at 21.41.00.png

asdf

• 1 month later...

Hello, please help, i have filed i-751 and got the receipt notice for 48 months extension, today my employer asked me to provide new GC as my GC is expired. i sent him the receipt notice for extension letter, i am now worried will they fire me since i don't have GC however the receipt serve as a GC status. but if they fire me what can i do what will be my options and rights. i am just worried since don't have savings and got this job after going through nuts. please help.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.