ghostinthemachine

I-751 ROC Filers - January 2024

121 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I figured there might be some people who are also in the process of putting their package together already ahead of the holidays. 

Hopefully it’ll be smooth sailing for all of us. Please share any timelines, thoughts, prayers… as we navigate this extremely joyous process. 😅

————— 

Our 90 day window opens 01/19/2024 and plan is to have everything ready to go before this weekend, so we will only need to add latest bills/statements in January and print out some pictures pretty much. We are planning on mailing the whole thing out the very day the window opens. We'll be moving states at the end of February so I'm kinda anxious about receiving all the important letters from USCIS in those 6 weeks ahead of us leaving here. 🙃

Out of curiosity, is there anyone who’s travelled somewhat extensively in the last two years? How have you organised (or are planning on organising) evidence in relation to this - i. e. boarding passes, hotel resis, booking confirmations etc. pp. We have 17 trips we took together since getting married so really it is quite a lot. Still going back and forth on this as we’re not trying to overwhelm USCIS with potentially unnecessary information. 

Looking forward to getting this out of the way though honestly. It’s going to be a busy few months for us in between USCIS stuff, a last little on-island holiday, shipping all our belongings and cars, some extended hotel stays and a 15hr journey with a very hyper kitten. 

asdf

43 minutes ago, ghostinthemachine said:

Still going back and forth on this as we’re not trying to overwhelm USCIS with potentially unnecessary information. 

Overwhelming USCIS with relevant evidence is key to success.

54 minutes ago, ghostinthemachine said:

Our 90 day window opens 01/19/2024 ........ We'll be moving states at the end of February

If you know for sure you're gonna move and it's gonna be still within 90 days window (before April 18, 2024), then I see no reason to file in January. File after you move, so that USCIS doesn't send correspondance to the old address. Make sure to file I-865 and AR-11 too.

Edited by OldUser

2 minutes ago, OldUser said:

If you know for sure you're gonna move and it's gonna be still within 90 days window (before April 18, 2024), then I see no reason to file in January. File after you move, so that USCIS doesn't send correspondance to the old address. Make sure to file I-865 and AR-11 too.

Unfortunately we're expecting to be in a hotel without a permanent address until at least early April, if not longer. We're planning on getting a PO box in the meantime, but already ran into issues with some places (mainly our various financial institutions all of which we were planning on sending in for statements) not accepting a PO box for an address change. It's all a bit messy. So with only a few weeks to spare on either end of this... neither option is looking too great really. I'm hoping 6 weeks should be enough time on average for USCIS to receive everything and to get the NOA/extension letter. 😐 

asdf

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Hello! I came across this thread and didn’t see anyone else providing timelines for their January filing. 

My package was delivered on 01/02 and I’m currently still waiting for a receipt notice or text message. 

Did anyone else send in their package this week? 

I would be interested in seeing other timelines. 

Thank you! 

Can't file for another couple weeks, but I will share mine when we send it off. Just in the process of gathering some last minute things and sorting out some pictures at the moment.

USCIS was also nice enough to actually send me a reminder to file via mail right around Christmas 😅

asdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi Everyone

We filed right before Christmas and our package was received on 12/27. 

They processed our payment on 1/02 and on 1/03 they uploaded our receipt notice+48 month extension, biometrics reuse notice and fee payment notice to USCIS online. 

Didn't get anything in the mail (paper) yet. 

Looks like we got sent to Potomac which currently have processing times of 31.5 months. We deffo be doing the N-400 process this time next year. 

Good luck 

14 minutes ago, Sheeni_E said:

Hi Everyone

They processed our payment on 1/02 and on 1/03 they uploaded our receipt notice+48 month extension, biometrics reuse notice and fee payment notice to USCIS online. 

Looks like we got sent to Potomac which currently have processing times of 31.5 months. We deffo be doing the N-400 process this time next year. 

Good luck 

Oh nice, seems like they're reasonably quick to upload the important stuff still at the moment. I hope the hardcopies won't be too long for you guys either! 

asdf

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
9 hours ago, Sheeni_E said:

Hi Everyone

Good luck 

Did you receive a text message? I had to send out my package again due to an issue with payment (declined credit card transaction) and it will be delivered tomorrow (previous package was delivered on 01/02).

From what I have been seeing, USCIS is taking about 2 or 3 business days to process incoming mail. 
However, as I had to send in a cashier’s check, I’m just wondering if they do send out e-notifications? That would be the only way for me to know it was accepted. How did you see the receipt notice? 

9 hours ago, Sheeni_E said:

Hi Everyone

Good luck 

Correction.. 32.5 months as of a couple days ago…

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
On 1/7/2024 at 8:30 AM, JBBJ said:

Did you receive a text message? I had to send out my package again due to an issue with payment (declined credit card transaction) and it will be delivered tomorrow (previous package was delivered on 01/02).

From what I have been seeing, USCIS is taking about 2 or 3 business days to process incoming mail. 
However, as I had to send in a cashier’s check, I’m just wondering if they do send out e-notifications? That would be the only way for me to know it was accepted. How did you see the receipt notice? 

We did not get a text. But we didn't send in form G1145 this time. We did it a number for times before and it was hit/miss. 

Since have been sending stuff to USCIS for a while now (K1 visa) we weren't as worried. 

We logged in online to our USCIS account  and saw the receipt notice uploaded there.

Good luck to you!! 

Just now, syedashah said:

@Sheeni_E When you say they upload reciept number where you actually mean? I sent my package today. I am little worried i used my PO box to recieve mails  just wondering how i can track when they will send reciept 

If you have an online account with USCIS more often than not you will be able to access certain documents (such as receipt notices) through there these days, as well as receiving them by mail.

asdf

Not sure where the "edit post" option went so apologies for double posting...

For you guys who have filed already - curious whether any of you decided to print on both sides? Just realised I printed all our electricity bills and phone bills double sided on accident. This package is already looking hefty and still missing a few things so I'm not sure if I really want to re-print all of this single sided 💀 

Also whilst we're here - how many pictures did you guys include? We did 20 for our AOS at the time, but honestly not sure how many, if any, the "norm" is for ROC these days.

Screenshot 2024-01-09 at 19.51.40.png

asdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.