Hypnos

N-400 Dallas, TX Filers (Merged Threads)

1,065 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, bzbee said:

Look at your oath notice, it says no visitors. That said, I saw a few people who had one person with them. I feel that they were not enforcing the rule very strictly. But YMMV

Actually I don’t have a letter with me yet .. it’s just an email i received and never say anything about restrictions just a date/time and place only that’s says on email.. Thanks for the response..

3 hours ago, dfw2019 said:

Yesterday, I have received oath ceremony notice for 14-May. Finally big sigh of relief after a long wait (17 months from date of filing to oath ceremony date). I have requested for name change.

Congrats..!!

Filed: Other Timeline

Hello all.

I apologize again to bring up a topic not directly related to USCIS, but I do not know where else to discuss this matter.

You may have heard very recently Russia has enacted strict policies affecting the US Embassy in Moscow. The result is a 75% reduction in staff and extremely limited operations. 

My wife (who is from Russia) has family in St. Petersburg, and we are worried how this will affect their travel to the US in the future. Currently none of her family has valid travel visas.

Does anyone have any sense of the long term effects for Russian nationals traveling to the US? Do you know if other embassies in Russia are still operating to provide Russian nationals with credentials to travel to the US? 

Any first hand or even general knowledge is greatly appreciated!

-Adam

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hi everyone! I am a August 2020 filer.My interview has been scheduled for May 11th. I have a couple of questions, can my husband be present in my interview? And is there a way to request same day oath? How is this determined? As I see some people who have same day oath and some people have to wait for a letter with a date. Any help would be appreciated.  

K1 Journey

11/05/2016 - Sent I-129F to Lewisville Lockbox via FedEx

12/05/2016 - I-129F received at Lewisville Lockbox

17/05/2016 - Received NOA1 Text/Email Notification - Routed to California Service Center 

25/05/2016 - Received NOA1 Hardcopy - notice date of 16/05/2016

09/06/2016 - Up to date with vaccinations

29/07/2016 - Received NOA2 text/email notification! (74 days) 

05/08/2016 - Received NOA2 Hardcopy (I-797)

09/08/2016 - Sent ACRO Police Certificate Application

11/08/2016- NVC Received packet!

11/08/2016 - NVC Case number assigned on the same day as NVC received! yayyy 

AOS Journey
04/12/2016 - POE Dallas
05/12/2016-  Marriage
08/02/2017-  sent AOS packet to Chicago via FedEx
20/02/2017-  Received NOA1 Hardcopies for AOS/AP/EAD - notice dates of 13/02/2017
25/04/2017EAD case status changed to " Card being produced"
27/04/2017 - AP and EAD case status changed to "Case Approved"
28/04/2017 - EAD case status changed to " Card was mailed to me"
28/04/2017 -Received NOA2 Hardcopy for EAD/AP

1 hour ago, nachnam said:

Hi everyone! I am a August 2020 filer.My interview has been scheduled for May 11th. I have a couple of questions, can my husband be present in my interview? And is there a way to request same day oath? How is this determined? As I see some people who have same day oath and some people have to wait for a letter with a date. Any help would be appreciated.  

I don’t think anyone can attend your interview, but wait for someone else to confirm.

It depends on the local office if they host oath ceremonies at the same office.

is your interview at Dallas or somewhere else ?

Timeline
1 hour ago, HNZ91 said:

I don’t think anyone can attend your interview, but wait for someone else to confirm.

Apologies I forgot to include that! My interview is at the Dallas Office 

K1 Journey

17/05/2016 - Received NOA1 Text/Email Notification - Routed to California Service Center 

AOS Journey
04/12/2016 - POE Dallas
05/12/2016-  Marriage
20/02/2017-  Received NOA1 Hardcopies for AOS/AP/EAD - notice dates of 13/02/2017

3 hours ago, HNZ91 said:

Jan 2020 filer here,, the last thing was bio-metric back in Feb 2020 and since then I never heard from them - Should I start to be worried?

I don't think this is normal. I am seeing August filers who already have their interview scheduled. What's going on?

13 hours ago, nachnam said:

Hi I just recently had my interview in Dallas, and they don’t let your husband to come in your interview like mine unless you have combo interview may be your husband can come.. About the oaths ceremony I don’t think so that will happen in the same day of your interview because most of my batch on that day of my n400 interview they schedule the oath but who knows because each case is different.. Good luck to your interview.. 😀

8 hours ago, JustBelieve said:

Jan 2020 filer here,, the last thing was bio-metric back in Feb 2020 and since then I never heard from them - Should I start to be worried?

I don't think this is normal. I am seeing August filers who already have their interview scheduled. What's going on?

If you are in Dallas, I think you need to call tier 2, about your case if it’s not complicated like others then make a call… I hope the others can help you.. 

Timeline
29 minutes ago, Lola Lolo said:

Hi I just recently had my interview in Dallas, and they don’t let your husband to come in your interview like mine unless you have combo interview may be your husband can come.. About the oaths ceremony I don’t think so that will happen in the same day of your interview because most of my batch on that day of my n400 interview they schedule the oath but who knows because each case is different.. Good luck to your interview.. 😀

Thank you!  I am counting down the days! :)

K1 Journey

AOS Journey
04/12/2016 - POE Dallas
05/12/2016-  Marriage

15 hours ago, nachnam said:

in both situation NO, because of Covid they are not allowing anyone else to attend Oath other then the candidates, and your oath date will be determined by the case at the time of interview.

1 hour ago, nachnam said:

Thank you!  I am counting down the days! :)

Your welcome.. I have upcoming oath ceremony 2 weeks from now and I’m still hoping if my husband can come but I know because of covid low chance.. I’m so excited on that day and my journey is almost over..  😀

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.