Hypnos

N-400 Dallas, TX Filers (Merged Threads)

1,065 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
On 10/23/2020 at 9:40 PM, Broomer said:

I have my Interview on Tuesday! I am a little anxious an worried that i have not prepared enough....Do I need to take all of the original documents that I uploaded onto my online portal  for proof. They are all PDFs so that should be able to see them. 

Is there anything else I am  having to prove? 

My understanding ( and correct me if I am wrong)  is that  I am there to take a test  (Civils and English )to see if I pass the requirements for citizenship. The fact I have an interview is surface evidence that they believe I have met eligibility to become a citizen.  Therefore I do not have to prove anything. Am I correct in thinking this way?

I dont want to take a bunch of items with me that is not necessary. 

My Info. Married 11 years to same spouse I married with K1 visa. 2 step children 1 biological. Wife was previously married. I believe i have qualified under the 5 year rule so the marriage factor should not be an issue?? 

Any help before the big day would be great or any advice 

thanks 

* I pray those waiting will have a speedy process before the end of 2020 to get things moving * 

I hope everything goes well and your case is approved. Please post your interview experience and which documents did they ask? That will help my wife's upcoming interview in November.

12 minutes ago, dfw2019 said:

I hope everything goes well and your case is approved. Please post your interview experience and which documents did they ask? That will help my wife's upcoming interview in November.

Interview went well I passed the Tests now I await the oath ceremony. I will leave a review when i have more time. All  they asked to see was my Drivers License, My passport, and my Permanent resident card. I believe I qualified under the 5 year rule so I didn't have to provide any evidence for marriage. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Broomer said:

Interview went well I passed the Tests now I await the oath ceremony. I will leave a review when i have more time. All  they asked to see was my Drivers License, My passport, and my Permanent resident card. I believe I qualified under the 5 year rule so I didn't have to provide any evidence for marriage. 

7 minutes ago, Broomer said:

Congratulations. What is the time of your interview. I heard that if the interview is early AM, there is a chance of having same day oath.

2 minutes ago, dfw2019 said:

Congratulations. What is the time of your interview. I heard that if the interview is early AM, there is a chance of having same day oath.

my Interview was 11:45 I was done by 12:20.  Now, she did say my interview went fast because i was fluent in English so there was no issue with translation etc so i dont know if all interview where as quick as mine . 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Broomer said:

my Interview was 11:45 I was done by 12:20.  Now, she did say my interview went fast because i was fluent in English so there was no issue with translation etc so i dont know if all interview where as quick as mine . 

Congratulations.

Please update, when you know your oath date.

Review of my citizenship 10/27/2020

Appointment was at 11:45. I waited outside the building at 11:30. You can only go 15 mins before your appointment due to COVID19.  There were about 15 people ahead of me, it was cold so bring a jacket. I waited outside for about 10 minutes. They let me into the building and you pass through security.I had to take off my shoes and anything they could set off the metal detector. If your shoes have heels they make you take them off. I waited in a line then to be checked in. I had to show the lady in the booth my interview letter.  The woman looked at the interview letter, took my picture and  I gave my fingerprint for my index finger on my left and right hand. She then clicked a few buttons and gave me the letter back and  told me to go upstairs and hand it to the receptionist. Then I went up stairs and handed my letter to another lady and she told me to take a seat and wait for my name to be called. I then waited in the waiting room with about 20 other people. They call people by the first name and then take you back for the interview. I waited about 10 minutes. Officer Smith was my inspecting officer. She greeted me and started a conversation. I believe this was a test to see if I could speak English. We had a conversation for a few minutes and got to her office. She took my green card and passport and driver's license and then checked to make sure they were all Correct. 

She asked for my first and last name and if I was married. She then started with the test and asked me six questions. I passed all of them.

1.What group of people were taken toAmerica and sold as slaves? 

I answered (Africans) 

2. Name one state that borders Canada? I answered (Philadelphia) 

3. Who is the Chief Justice of the United States now? I answered (John Roberts)

4. If both the President and the Vice President can no longer serve, who becomes President? I answered (Speaker of the House)

5. There were 13 original states.Name three. I answered ( New York, New Jersey, New Hampshire)  

6. Why does the flag have 13 stripes? I answered ( The 13 original colonies) 

As part of the reading and writing sections she showed a sentence on an Ipad and I had to read it to her. It said “who is George Washington?”  I then had to write the answer to that question out on the iPad with my finger. She told me what to write, so I wrote “George Washington was the president”

She then continued and  asked a bunch of questions that were yes or no answer choices. These were  to see if I am a threat to America, obviously most of them were a no answer. Example, am I in a militia? Even been arrested? Etc.

She also then asked questions about  Pledge of Allegiance to America and if I was willing to defend the constitution. 

Before all the questioning she did make me stand up and raise my right hand and swear I would tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth. 

She then went through some formalities, checking my address and information to make sure it was all correct. I had to sign and make sure they were correct. 

As part of the reading and writing sections she showed a sentence on an Ipad and I had to read it to her. It said “who is George Washington?”  I then had to write the answer to that question out on the iPad with my finger. She told me what to write, so I wrote “George Washington was the president”. She then proceeded to check the answers and see if I passed everything which I did and then she said that she’s scheduling my oath ceremony and I should receive it in the mail in the next couple of weeks or to check online for a faster response. I left the building at 12:20 so all in all the process went really fast.

Timeline
46 minutes ago, Broomer said:

Review of my citizenship 10/27/2020

Appointment was at 11:45. I waited outside the building at 11:30. You can only go 15 mins before your appointment due to COVID19.  There were about 15 people ahead of me, it was cold so bring a jacket. I waited outside for about 10 minutes. They let me into the building and you pass through security.I had to take off my shoes and anything they could set off the metal detector. If your shoes have heels they make you take them off. I waited in a line then to be checked in. I had to show the lady in the booth my interview letter.  The woman looked at the interview letter, took my picture and  I gave my fingerprint for my index finger on my left and right hand. She then clicked a few buttons and gave me the letter back and  told me to go upstairs and hand it to the receptionist. Then I went up stairs and handed my letter to another lady and she told me to take a seat and wait for my name to be called. I then waited in the waiting room with about 20 other people. They call people by the first name and then take you back for the interview. I waited about 10 minutes. Officer Smith was my inspecting officer. She greeted me and started a conversation. I believe this was a test to see if I could speak English. We had a conversation for a few minutes and got to her office. She took my green card and passport and driver's license and then checked to make sure they were all Correct. 

She asked for my first and last name and if I was married. She then started with the test and asked me six questions. I passed all of them.

1.What group of people were taken toAmerica and sold as slaves? 

I answered (Africans) 

2. Name one state that borders Canada? I answered (Philadelphia) 

3. Who is the Chief Justice of the United States now? I answered (John Roberts)

4. If both the President and the Vice President can no longer serve, who becomes President? I answered (Speaker of the House)

5. There were 13 original states.Name three. I answered ( New York, New Jersey, New Hampshire)  

6. Why does the flag have 13 stripes? I answered ( The 13 original colonies) 

As part of the reading and writing sections she showed a sentence on an Ipad and I had to read it to her. It said “who is George Washington?”  I then had to write the answer to that question out on the iPad with my finger. She told me what to write, so I wrote “George Washington was the president”

She then continued and  asked a bunch of questions that were yes or no answer choices. These were  to see if I am a threat to America, obviously most of them were a no answer. Example, am I in a militia? Even been arrested? Etc.

She also then asked questions about  Pledge of Allegiance to America and if I was willing to defend the constitution. 

Before all the questioning she did make me stand up and raise my right hand and swear I would tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth. 

She then went through some formalities, checking my address and information to make sure it was all correct. I had to sign and make sure they were correct. 

As part of the reading and writing sections she showed a sentence on an Ipad and I had to read it to her. It said “who is George Washington?”  I then had to write the answer to that question out on the iPad with my finger. She told me what to write, so I wrote “George Washington was the president”. She then proceeded to check the answers and see if I passed everything which I did and then she said that she’s scheduling my oath ceremony and I should receive it in the mail in the next couple of weeks or to check online for a faster response. I left the building at 12:20 so all in all the process went really fast.

Thank you for a very detailed account of your interview experience. If she said you will get oath letter in couple of weeks, oath date could be in second half of November.

On 10/27/2020 at 10:23 PM, dfw2019 said:

Thank you for a very detailed account of your interview experience. If she said you will get oath letter in couple of weeks, oath date could be in second half of November.

Got the update today on my online account. Oath ceremony is November 9th at 3 pm. She did say that Oath ceremonies are only on Mondays and Fridays. Are just like Interview the only people allowed in the building is yourself and translator. Family has to stay outside because of Covid guidelines 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Broomer said:

Got the update today on my online account. Oath ceremony is November 9th at 3 pm. She did say that Oath ceremonies are only on Mondays and Fridays. Are just like Interview the only people allowed in the building is yourself and translator. Family has to stay outside because of Covid guidelines 

What state are u in ?

Timeline
On 10/23/2020 at 9:40 PM, Broomer said:

I have my Interview on Tuesday! I am a little anxious an worried that i have not prepared enough....Do I need to take all of the original documents that I uploaded onto my online portal  for proof. They are all PDFs so that should be able to see them. 

Is there anything else I am  having to prove? 

My understanding ( and correct me if I am wrong)  is that  I am there to take a test  (Civils and English )to see if I pass the requirements for citizenship. The fact I have an interview is surface evidence that they believe I have met eligibility to become a citizen.  Therefore I do not have to prove anything. Am I correct in thinking this way?

I dont want to take a bunch of items with me that is not necessary. 

My Info. Married 11 years to same spouse I married with K1 visa. 2 step children 1 biological. Wife was previously married. I believe i have qualified under the 5 year rule so the marriage factor should not be an issue?? 

Any help before the big day would be great or any advice 

thanks 

* I pray those waiting will have a speedy process before the end of 2020 to get things moving * 

2 hours ago, Broomer said:

Congratulations. Good to see they are scheduling oath ceremony two weeks after interview. Did you request for a name change?

Timeline

It's been more than two weeks since my wife & son received interview date. I have filed along with them on same day and still waiting for mine.

Did anyone are in similar situation?

Edited by dfw2019

Timeline
11 hours ago, dfw2019 said:

It's been more than two weeks since my wife & son received interview date. I have filed along with them on same day and still waiting for mine.

Did anyone are in similar situation?

I've read in another post of a husband & wife who filed at the same time but received interview dates about 6-weeks apart. So, yes, it is possible. Your files were probably assigned to different officers and each officer has their own queue & speed of processing. You will probably get your date in the next couple of weeks, or you could just call & ask but you will most likely get the standard answer that your case is within the estimated time range.

Speaking of estimated times, I see that you have filed in Dec 2019 and you are getting interviews in Nov 2020, that's about 11 months.  Not too bad, gives me hope that I could expect my interview in Jan 2021. I filed in Feb 2020, the estimated time to completion was Mar-2021 at the time of filing. but now it has been pushed back to May-2021 😟

3 hours ago, bzbee said:

I've read in another post of a husband & wife who filed at the same time but received interview dates about 6-weeks apart. So, yes, it is possible. Your files were probably assigned to different officers and each officer has their own queue & speed of processing. You will probably get your date in the next couple of weeks, or you could just call & ask but you will most likely get the standard answer that your case is within the estimated time range.

Speaking of estimated times, I see that you have filed in Dec 2019 and you are getting interviews in Nov 2020, that's about 11 months.  Not too bad, gives me hope that I could expect my interview in Jan 2021. I filed in Feb 2020, the estimated time to completion was Mar-2021 at the time of filing. but now it has been pushed back to May-2021 😟

I am on the same boat as you. Applied in Feb 2020 estimated time May 2021. Do you count your time from Application accepted date or biometrics processed date?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, lobo2000 said:

I am on the same boat as you. Applied in Feb 2020 estimated time May 2021. Do you count your time from Application accepted date or biometrics processed date?

Looks like USCIS is catching up..... My wife's application was submitted end of December 2019 and she got her appointment scheduled at the end of this month.

I-130 Processed at USCIS

========================

12/17/2011 : I-130 Sent to USCIS

12/20/2011 : I-130 NOA1

05/11/2012 : I-130 NOA2

NVC

===

05/28/2012 : Received at NVC

06/11/2012 : Case number issued by NVC

06/11/2012 : DS-3032 Choice of Agent Email Sent to NVC

06/13/2012 : AOS Bill Issued

06/13/2012 : AOS Bill Paid

06/14/2012 : AOS Bill Marked as "PAID" in NVC System

06/14/2012 : AOS Package Mailed to NVC

06/18/2012 : AOS Package Delivered to NVC

06/19/2012 : DS-3032 Accepted

06/21/2012 : IV Bill Issued

06/21/2012 : IV Bill Paid

06/21/2012 : IV Package Mailed to NVC

06/22/2012 : IV Bill Marked as "PAID" in NVC System

06/22/2012 : IV Package Delivered to NVC

06/25/2012 : AOS Accepted by NVC

06/29/2012 : IV Accepted by NVC

06/29/2012 : Case Complete at NVC

08/01/2012 : Interview Date Assigned and Case Forwarded from NVC to Mumbai Consulate

09/07/2012 : Interview at Mumbai Consulate (Result: Approved!)

09/11/2012 : Received Visa in Mail at home

09/22/2012 : POE at Houston, TX (IAH)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

My husband filed November 2019, had his biometrics in December 2019 and USCIS website still says estimated completion date is March 2021. We're hoping to hear something soon about an interview since it seems quite a few who filed around the same time are having their interviews. 

u10nm5.png

hSSvm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.