Hypnos

N-400 Dallas, TX Filers (Merged Threads)

1,065 posts in this topic

Good NEWS!!! Got my Interview date OCT 27th 2020!!!!! I have been reading this thread and I have a few questions.

1) How likely is it that I get oath ceremony the same day as my interview?

2) If not likely, how soon after is the Oath ceremony scheduled?

Also, I came on a K1 visa been married 11years to the same women. I think when I filled the N400 it said I qualified under 5 year requirements rather than the marriage. SO..... does my wife have to come to my Interview? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
13 hours ago, Broomer said:

Good NEWS!!! Got my Interview date OCT 27th 2020!!!!! I have been reading this thread and I have a few questions.

1) How likely is it that I get oath ceremony the same day as my interview?

2) If not likely, how soon after is the Oath ceremony scheduled?

Also, I came on a K1 visa been married 11years to the same women. I think when I filled the N400 it said I qualified under 5 year requirements rather than the marriage. SO..... does my wife have to come to my Interview? 

Congrats. So almost exactly one year since your N-400 application submission to interview. Well, your journey is almost over.

1) I think they are a bit backed up at all centers now, so same day oath is unlikely. But be prepared anyway - you could get lucky. Last post about same day oath was in the Irving center in July.

2) Depending on the center, you should get your oath within two weeks of the interview. But again, they are a bit backed up so could take a bit longer. Don't worry, I think you will vote this Nov :)

3) I am not sure about this. I think that since you already completed the 5-year requirement, your spouse doesn't have to accompany you. But then you entered the country on a K-1 so.... If it were me, I'd ask my spouse to come along just in case - it is only for a couple of hours - and carry all marriage related documents & photos.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
18 minutes ago, bzbee said:

Congrats. So almost exactly one year since your N-400 application submission to interview. Well, your journey is almost over.

1) I think they are a bit backed up at all centers now, so same day oath is unlikely. But be prepared anyway - you could get lucky. Last post about same day oath was in the Irving center in July.

2) Depending on the center, you should get your oath within two weeks of the interview. But again, they are a bit backed up so could take a bit longer. Don't worry, I think you will vote this Nov :)

3) I am not sure about this. I think that since you already completed the 5-year requirement, your spouse doesn't have to accompany you. But then you entered the country on a K-1 so.... If it were me, I'd ask my spouse to come along just in case - it is only for a couple of hours - and carry all marriage related documents & photos.

Citizenship interview is about you, not your spouse. Your spouse is not needed and will not be part of the interview. Questions could be asked about your marriage just to be sure it was a good faith marriage. If you have had your green card for 3 years, you qualified for citizenship under 3 yrs rule.  If you waited many years then you qualify on either 5 yrs or 3 yrs. In either case your wife has no business with your interview unless you are on a 2 year green card and you concurrently have interview to remove condition on your green card scheduled same day as your n400 interview. Dallas office is bipolar. You dont know what to expect with respect to status updates and oaths. Best wishes.

Edited by Vawaonehi

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Filed my N400 on 12-Dec-2019 at Dallas field office.

Anyone Nov or Dec 2019 filers got their interview date?

Estimated case completion date is Mar 2021.

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
3 hours ago, dfw2019 said:

Filed my N400 on 12-Dec-2019 at Dallas field office.

Anyone Nov or Dec 2019 filers got their interview date?

Estimated case completion date is Mar 2021.

Nothing unfortunately. Same boat as you and last I was told by USCIS is that I'm pending an interview. 

Timeline
46 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Nothing unfortunately. Same boat as you and last I was told by USCIS is that I'm pending an interview. 

How do you know that? Did you call them?

Because online status says "We reviewed your biometrics".

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Just got email message that my wife's interview is scheduled. Online portal status still shows old status and no letter in documents tab. How long does they take to upload letter?

Timeline
5 minutes ago, dfw2019 said:

Just got email message that my wife's interview is scheduled. Online portal status still shows old status and no letter in documents tab. How long does they take to upload letter?

Congratulations. It should take a day or two. Hopefully, I'll get called soon. Filed a couple of days after you guys and I really want to start my PhD. Better chance at better grants and scholarships if I'm a USC. $35K a semester, flying solo is terrifying. 

Timeline
7 hours ago, Bugg said:

Congratulations. It should take a day or two. Hopefully, I'll get called soon. Filed a couple of days after you guys and I really want to start my PhD. Better chance at better grants and scholarships if I'm a USC. $35K a semester, flying solo is terrifying. 

I am also waiting for my interview to be scheduled. I have filed on same day as my wife. However, only her interview was scheduled. Let us hope we both get called within next few days.

Timeline
7 hours ago, dfw2019 said:

I am also waiting for my interview to be scheduled. I have filed on same day as my wife. However, only her interview was scheduled. Let us hope we both get called within next few days.

Keeping my fingers crossed. I hope we get a little victory before the year is over. 

I have my Interview on Tuesday! I am a little anxious an worried that i have not prepared enough....Do I need to take all of the original documents that I uploaded onto my online portal  for proof. They are all PDFs so that should be able to see them. 

Is there anything else I am  having to prove? 

My understanding ( and correct me if I am wrong)  is that  I am there to take a test  (Civils and English )to see if I pass the requirements for citizenship. The fact I have an interview is surface evidence that they believe I have met eligibility to become a citizen.  Therefore I do not have to prove anything. Am I correct in thinking this way?

I dont want to take a bunch of items with me that is not necessary. 

My Info. Married 11 years to same spouse I married with K1 visa. 2 step children 1 biological. Wife was previously married. I believe i have qualified under the 5 year rule so the marriage factor should not be an issue?? 

Any help before the big day would be great or any advice 

thanks 

* I pray those waiting will have a speedy process before the end of 2020 to get things moving * 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.