Blueeyes1989

N-400 December 2023 Filers

325 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

APPROVED!

The USCIS immigration officer who conducted my interview today made the entire process very professional and straight forward. 

Left at 7:30am from home. Arrived at 8:30am for a 8:45am interview. Rainy morning. My lawyer (also processed my AOS) was there. We were both dressed in a suit and tie.

Based on a 5 year rule only option. 

Before the interview I had to do fingerprints and picture (What is the picture and fingerprint used for?) at one of the booth.

Interview started with writing in English and reading on the tablet and then the Civics test. I got the first 6 correct but don’t remember the questions. 

Documents requested to show: Permanent Resident card, Driver License and Passport.

I was NOT asked to show Tax Return Transcripts and Selective Service System registration although IO said most don’t register for it.

I was asked EVERY single Yes/No questions from the N-400.

My employer name and what I do there? XYZ and title.

When my mother became a USC? 2011.

How did she became a USC? Which was that my brother sponsored her. 

What Visa I came into USA? B2.

When did I become a PR? 2019

The interview lasted about 15-20 minutes. 

My lawyer interrupted the IO couple times because IO wanted clarification on the F11 on my PR card and said something about if I was F1 student.

Then, the best part came: IO said she was approving my application. 

Next, was some signatures on the tablet. Oath info was discussed. 

Case Tracker shows: Interview was scheduled still. Does anyone know when that will change? 

All in all my lawyer cost overall during this entire process was worth every dime and penny.

Edited by Visitor User

9 hours ago, Visitor User said:

APPROVED!

The USCIS immigration officer who conducted my interview today made the entire process very professional and straight forward. 

Left at 7:30am from home. Arrived at 8:30am for a 8:45am interview. Rainy morning. My lawyer (also processed my AOS) was there. We were both dressed in a suit and tie.

Before the interview I had to do fingerprints and picture (What is the picture and fingerprint used for?) at one of the booth.

Interview started with writing in English and reading on the tablet and then the Civics test. I got the first 6 correct but don’t remember the questions. 

Documents requested to show: Permanent Resident card, Driver License and Passport.

I was NOT asked to show Tax Return Transcripts and Selective Service System registration although IO said most don’t register for it.

I was asked EVERY single Yes/No questions from the N-400.

My employer name and what I do there? XYZ and title.

When my mother became a USC? 2011.

How did she became a USC? Which was that my brother sponsored her. 

What Visa I came into USA? B2.

When did I become a PR? 2019

The interview lasted about 15-20 minutes. 

My lawyer interrupted the IO couple times because IO wanted clarification on the F11 on my PR card and said something about if I was F1 student.

Then, the best part came: IO said she was approving my application. 

Next, was some signatures on the tablet. Oath info was discussed. 

Case Tracker shows: Interview was scheduled still. Does anyone know when that will change? 

All in all my lawyer cost overall during this entire process was worth every dime and penny.

Congratulations 

On 2/29/2024 at 5:20 PM, Kimchi said:

I had the oath ceremony today. It was a large ceremony of over 500 people. Took almost 3 hours, mostly waiting for everyone to get through security and seated. 
Glad for the process to be done 😊

Hi, did you find anyone wear cassual clothing?

i prefered jeans & T-shirt, but Uscis website recommend not wear Jean.

Any thought?

16 minutes ago, lucifertran said:

Any thought?

you can wear whatever u want.

my friend got naturalize 2 weeks ago and shes wearing jeans and a shirt ( not t-shirt) and she got same day oath ceremeony,

i personally like to dress up, but thats me.

also few months ago when i was in my field office doing something else, a couple looks like going to fish ( literally tank top and short) came for their naturalization and USCIS didnt say "no you cant get in" LOL

Timeline
31 minutes ago, lucifertran said:

Any thought?

I was planning to wear suit and tie. 

Timeline

My interview was on 3/21 and I have been recommended for approval but care tracker still says interview was scheduled. Is there a delay in the Houston FO?

Congratulations. This means your interview was scheduled. If you go to your documents, you will find your interview letter with the date and other details. 

FO - San Antonio, TX

AOS
December 15th, 2019 - Sent i130, i485, i131, i1765
December 16th, 2019 - Received i130 Receipt Notice
December 27th, 2019 - Received i1485, i765 and i131 Receipt Notice
Sometime in January - Fingerprints Taken (don't remember the exact date)
March 4th, 2020 - Received i131 and i765 Approval Notice
March 9th, 2020 - Received i485 Interview Notice (Interview Scheduled for April 28th, 2020)
March 11, 2020 - Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office (EAD and Travel)
April 1st, 2020 - 'Interview Cancelled' Notice
April 2nd, 2020 - Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview
April 24th, 2020 - Received RFE on i130 for Birth Certificate
June 3rd, 2020 - Sent Response to RFE
June 17th, 2020 - i130 was Approved but sent to NVC in error
September 15th, 2020 - Interview Cancelled
September 15th, 2020 - Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview
September 23rd, 2020 - Interview Was Scheduled

November 12th, 2020 - Interview

November 12th, 2020 - Your interview for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, was completed, and your case must be reviewed. We will mail you a notice if we make a decision or take further action

November 12th, 2020 - We ordered your new card

November 13th, 2020 - We approved your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status

November 16th, 2020 - We mailed your new card your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, directly to the address you gave us.

November 16th, 2020 - Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office

I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence

Filed on September 23rd, 2022 

September 27th, 2022 - Case Was Received

N-400 Application for Naturalization

December 11th, 2023 - We received your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, and sent you a receipt notice.

December 11th, 2023 - Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

3 minutes ago, VisaJourney_ said:

Congratulations. This means your interview was scheduled. If you go to your documents, you will find your interview letter with the date and other details. 

Thank you. I found the letter.  Scheduled Interview May 8. Las Vegas Field office.

Timeline
7 hours ago, aquafiree said:

I just received this. What does it mean? Did i missed my interview schedule? I always check uscis and yesterday no update. 

IMG_1237.jpeg

It looks like this day your future interview was scheduled. Login to your account and see if there is a letter in there. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
On 3/26/2024 at 3:53 PM, Visitor User said:

APPROVED!

Before the interview I had to do fingerprints and picture (What is the picture and fingerprint used for?) at one of the booth. that photo will be used on the naturalization certificate/fingerprints are to verify ID

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.