Blueeyes1989

N-400 December 2023 Filers

359 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Hello All,

My interview took place today. It took around 20 minutes from the moment I got into the interview room.

My application was under 3-yr rule and the interviewer did ask me a lot of questions about that (where's your husband now? Does he work? Do you work? When did you get married? Why did you only apply now?......) Some questions he kept coming back a few times such as "Do you have to work today?"....

He only asked for my Green Card, Driver's License, passport, nothing else.

The civics tests were not hard, but I didn't hear him well on the first question and I asked him to repeat. 

I was approved. The Officer told me it would take approx. 90 days for me to get the mail informing the Oath Ceremony. When I checked my USCIS account today, it's changed to "Oath Ceremony will be scheduled".

13 minutes ago, Sofitalian said:

Hello All,

My interview took place today. It took around 20 minutes from the moment I got into the interview room.

My application was under 3-yr rule and the interviewer did ask me a lot of questions about that (where's your husband now? Does he work? Do you work? When did you get married? Why did you only apply now?......) Some questions he kept coming back a few times such as "Do you have to work today?"....

The civics tests were not hard, but I didn't hear him well on the first question and I asked him to repeat. 

I was approved. The Officer told me it would take approx. 90 days for me to get the mail informing the Oath Ceremony. When I checked my USCIS account today, it's changed to "Oath Ceremony will be scheduled".

Congratulations ! You could have taken spouse with you. Usually it helps with N-400 under 3 year rule. The spouse may not be allowed in the same room, but they can be waiting in waiting area.

Timeline
24 minutes ago, OldUser said:

Congratulations ! You could have taken spouse with you. Usually it helps with N-400 under 3 year rule. The spouse may not be allowed in the same room, but they can be waiting in waiting area.

Thanks! My spouse went with me but he was not allowed to be even in the waiting room. He waited outside in the car.

Timeline
1 hour ago, OldUser said:

Did you tell security you had N-400 based on marriage to US citizen?

I guess the experience varies by office.

Yes I did. 

The IO had a strong accent (maybe he's originally an immigrant too) and that made me nervous. But overall it was ok.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
9 hours ago, Sofitalian said:

Yes I did. 

The IO had a strong accent (maybe he's originally an immigrant too) and that made me nervous. But overall it was ok.

Isn’t that better if they are immigrant too? They can relate more to you but not that it matters. 

Timeline
13 hours ago, Sofitalian said:

Hello All,

What FO is this? My interview was on 3/21/24 but my case tracker hasn’t changed from ‘Interview was Scheduled’.  

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
On 4/6/2024 at 12:41 AM, Visitor User said:

What FO is this? My interview was on 3/21/24 but my case tracker hasn’t changed from ‘Interview was Scheduled’.  

My wife's interview was on 3/28/24. Despite receiving the "congrats" paper, the online status still shows "inteview was scheduled". Last week the 751 case status shows "case was transferred and a new office has jurisdiction". It seems the local office (NY office) now has the authority to adjudicate the case. 

31 minutes ago, ChangeTomorrow said:

My wife's interview was on 3/28/24. Despite receiving the "congrats" paper, the online status still shows "inteview was scheduled". Last week the 751 case status shows "case was transferred and a new office has jurisdiction". It seems the local office (NY office) now has the authority to adjudicate the case. 

Yes, local field office has your both cases now.

Applied : Dec 15,2023
Biometric applied same day:
Interview scheduled : March 5

I had interview today at Houston FO. Appointment was at 12:05 so Reached there at 11:50 and got checked in right after security.
The check in guy asked for my appointment letter and wrote a number with red pen on it and also printed an other receipt for biometrics.

Called for bio next minute. The Biometric guy took my picture and both index finger print and told me to wait in front of the door 1 to be called by the IO.
IO called my name after waiting few minutes and took me to his office.
After sworn Took my passport,green card , drivers license and appointment letter. Asked my address and marked on the appointment letter.
He then started asking 6 question reading and writing.

Who is in charge of the executive branch 

Name 1 writer of federalist papers

Who is father of our nation 

2 major political parties in the US

What ocean on the west coast of US

Name 1 war fought by US in 1800s

Reading: When is Columbus Day?
Writing : Columbus Day is in October.

Then he moved to the oath questions from the form n400 and after that he Said confirm the info and sign on the 2 spots on tablet… and then printed my paper you passed the test

Timeline
11 hours ago, MT2021 said:

I heard it’s on 10th April

The one after that?

7 hours ago, ChangeTomorrow said:

Why was it transferred?

11 minutes ago, Visitor User said:

The one after that?

Why was it transferred?

Because local field office will decide on both I-751 and N-400.

If I-751 is not decided when N-400 interview concludes, local field office decides both.

Edited by OldUser

Timeline
4 hours ago, MT2021 said:

Applied : Dec 15,2023
Biometric applied same day:
Interview scheduled : March 5

I had interview today at Houston FO. Appointment was at 12:05 so Reached there at 11:50 and got checked in right after security.
The check in guy asked for my appointment letter and wrote a number with red pen on it and also printed an other receipt for biometrics.

Called for bio next minute. The Biometric guy took my picture and both index finger print and told me to wait in front of the door 1 to be called by the IO.
IO called my name after waiting few minutes and took me to his office.
After sworn Took my passport,green card , drivers license and appointment letter. Asked my address and marked on the appointment letter.
He then started asking 6 question reading and writing.

Who is in charge of the executive branch 

Name 1 writer of federalist papers

Who is father of our nation 

2 major political parties in the US

What ocean on the west coast of US

Name 1 war fought by US in 1800s

Reading: When is Columbus Day?
Writing : Columbus Day is in October.

Then he moved to the oath questions from the form n400 and after that he Said confirm the info and sign on the 2 spots on tablet… and then printed my paper you passed the test

Do you know if that picture they took will be used on the certificate?

They also only asked for Green Card, Passport and Driver License. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.