SLOP21

fiancé visa? Question need help

23 posts in this topic

My parents were in a relationship back when my mom was in high school. After they had me, they separated for a long time, and now I'm 29. Eventually, in 2018, they reconnected and started talking again. Since then, they've met three times—in 2019 and twice in 2022. Recently, my dad proposed to my mom, and now she wants to apply for a fiancé visa. my dad has a child with a different woman, who is 22. Is it okay for my mom to apply for a fiancé visa?

Whichever one is the US citizen should probably join VJ and start researching.   It is not a fast, cheap or easy process, and 2nd or 3rd hand info can lead to delays and errors.

3 minutes ago, Snpl said:

sorry for the grammar what I was sayings is my dad have a child which is 22 years old with a different women 

yes my mom is US. citizen

It’s not a problem.

If they met in person in the period of two years before filing I-129f and they can adequately demonstrate that, then I don’t see an issue - your mom can file.

However, having myself gone through K1, I’d like to recommend spousal visa. It’s a better choice.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Snpl said:

Why is that k-1 isn’t fast ? 

After covid, a huge backlog of k-1 applications developed, but thats changing now since they are catching up on the backlog. If you were to apply today, it should take 6 to 12 months.

4 minutes ago, PokuPoku said:

After covid, a huge backlog of k-1 applications developed, but thats changing now since they are catching up on the backlog. If you were to apply today, it should take 6 to 12 months.

You should specify that you are referring to just the petition phase of the process.  Otherwise, people mistakenly take that as overall processing times.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
16 hours ago, SalishSea said:

You should specify that you are referring to just the petition phase of the process.  Otherwise, people mistakenly take that as overall processing times.

nope, overall. Maybe 8 to 14 months is more accurate, but you can see here, that NOA1 to NOA2 is in free-fall https://www.visajourney.com/times/k1-fiance-visa-historical/ Adding up all the days, its around 480 days. Its very likely to keep coming down too.

Someone on these forums linked to this video earlier. Someone analyzed the data and he seemed to think that NOA1 to NOA2 will come down to around ~250 days (removed)

Edited by Ontarkie
3rd party link

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.