13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bolivia
Timeline

Finally got document approval from NVC. I am reviewing info from the embassy. Says an MVC fee will need to be paid. $265 for wife. Don't know for step-child. Does this apply? 

I know the biometrics fee needs to be paid and don't know how much that is. 

Wondering when all the fees stop!

16 minutes ago, CarlosV said:

Finally got document approval from NVC. I am reviewing info from the embassy. Says an MVC fee will need to be paid. $265 for wife. Don't know for step-child. Does this apply? 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-1-submit-a-petition/step-3-pay-fees.html

If your step-child is also getting a visa, then yes, you pay it for both of them. Not heard of a biometrics fee for anybody going through consular processing?

Don't forget the green card fee as well though - $220 each. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
45 minutes ago, CarlosV said:

You pay 2 fees at NVC for each visa beneficiary.  Then you pay for medical exams, etc.  Lastly, you pay $220 for each Green card after the visas are issued. Fees never stop until after applying for a US passport.....years later.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, appleblossom said:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-1-submit-a-petition/step-3-pay-fees.html

If your step-child is also getting a visa, then yes, you pay it for both of them. Not heard of a biometrics fee for anybody going through consular processing?

Don't forget the green card fee as well though - $220 each. 

Site says: 

• Visa Fees – If your visa application fees were collected by NVC, you do not need to pay again. However, if you or any family member did not pay all the necessary fees, you will be asked to pay any unpaid fees at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate.  

Wish it was clearer.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Crazy Cat said:

You pay 2 fees at NVC for each visa beneficiary.  Then you pay for medical exams, etc.  Lastly, you pay $220 for each Green card after the visas are issued. Fees never stop until after applying for a US passport.....years later.

Yes paid 2 fees with NVC. There will be medical fee x 2, and now green card fee x 2. 🥴

16 hours ago, CarlosV said:

If your wife's case has already been documentarily qualified (DQ) by NVC, then that means you already paid the immigrant visa (IV) fee for her case.  Can't get NVC review without paying IV fee first.  So no need to pay any further fees to NVC.  Depending on the consulate and their contracted courier, there could be a courier delivery fee for the passport with visa.  After your wife gets her spouse visa, you should pay the $220 immigrant fee (ie, GC production fee) to USCIS, not to NVC.  No fee for biometrics.

As for your stepchild, you submitted a separate I-130 petition, right?  Is the I-130 already approved and the case also DQ-ed at NVC?  If so, same as in your wife's case -- no MRV fee, no biometrics fee, just pay GC fee after getting the visa for the child.

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 11/30/2023 at 8:37 AM, Chancy said:

If your wife's case has already been documentarily qualified (DQ) by NVC, then that means you already paid the immigrant visa (IV) fee for her case.  Can't get NVC review without paying IV fee first.  So no need to pay any further fees to NVC.  Depending on the consulate and their contracted courier, there could be a courier delivery fee for the passport with visa.  After your wife gets her spouse visa, you should pay the $220 immigrant fee (ie, GC production fee) to USCIS, not to NVC.  No fee for biometrics.

As for your stepchild, you submitted a separate I-130 petition, right?  Is the I-130 already approved and the case also DQ-ed at NVC?  If so, same as in your wife's case -- no MRV fee, no biometrics fee, just pay GC fee after getting the visa for the child.

My wife has her embassy appointment on Feb 1. She has to go to medical for biometrics on Jan 5, 24. They are telling her she will pay $1,000.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
3 hours ago, CarlosV said:

My wife has her embassy appointment on Feb 1. She has to go to medical for biometrics on Jan 5, 24. They are telling her she will pay $1,000.

If you are a US Citizen and this is your wife, and step child, then the $1,000 sounds like TWO medical exam fees.  It's a medical exam you are paying for.  Whether they do biometrics as part of that, is irrelevant.

Did you file two petitions, and two $325 immigrant visa fees to NVC.  If not, the child is not coming with your wife.  Please clarify.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
8 hours ago, pushbrk said:

If you are a US Citizen and this is your wife, and step child, then the $1,000 sounds like TWO medical exam fees.  It's a medical exam you are paying for.  Whether they do biometrics as part of that, is irrelevant.

Did you file two petitions, and two $325 immigrant visa fees to NVC.  If not, the child is not coming with your wife.  Please clarify.

Yes, it is my wife and step-daughter

On 11/29/2023 at 3:22 PM, CarlosV said:

$265 is the MRV fee for the K1 which is not applicable to you 

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
6 hours ago, CarlosV said:

Yes, it is my wife and step-daughter

Then provided you already filed two petitions and paid two $325 IV fees to NVC, you will pay for two medical exams, then after the visas are issued, two $220 New Immigrant fees.  Then, if they enter the US before your second wedding anniversary, two years later you'll pay two $765 removal of conditions fees.  (or whatever the fee is at that time)

That's the end of required fees.  Naturalization for US Citizenship is optional, but not free.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.