trailmix

Do you know someone who has entered the U.S. knowing they were wanting to immigrate but stating they were not?

Do you know someone who has misrepresented themselves at the Point of Entry?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. How common is it

• Yes, I know someone who intended to adjust status - they weren't asked so they didn't tell
    • Yes, they were asked and lied
    • No, I don't know anyone who has
    • Yes, it was me (or my SO)!

37 posts in this topic

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I don't know anyone in person who is going or has gone through the immigration process besides me and my fiance.

5/11/2007 - Submitted I-129F

5/14/2007 - Packet Received by USCIS

5/21/2007 - Received NOA1

7/11/2007 - Ordered Police Certificate

8/16/2007 - Received Police Certificate

8/23/2007 - Received NOA2 Email Confirmation

8/30/2007 - Received NOA2 Hardcopy

9/4/2007 - Received NVC Letter

9/10/2007 - Packet 3 Received

9/24/2007 - Packet 3 Returned

10/7/2007 - Medical Interview - London

11/6/2007 - Interview - PASSED!

11/13/2007 - Passport Returned

11/18/2007 - Coming Home for Good

11/19/2007 - Had trouble at the aiport...NOW coming home for good.

12/18/2007 - Applied for Social Security Card

12/27/2007 - Received Social Security Card

2/05/2008 - Getting Married!

2/18/2008 - Submitted AOS packet

2/26/2008 - NOA for I-485, I-I-765, and I-131

2/28/2008 - Received ASC Appointment Notice

3/12/2008 - Biometric Appointment

3/13/2008 - RFE for I-485

3/24/2008 - Submitted Evidence

5/2/2008 - I-485 Transfer Notice - sent to CA center

7/17/2008 - Received EAD

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

I know someone who was already here on a work visa, met her husband, married and did AOS. But that's not fraud.

So no. I only personally know 2 other people who have (or are) done this.

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I don't personally know anyone who has committed visa fraud, but sometimes when I look at the pics of some VJ members and see some old, very unattractive guy with a beautiful, very young girl, I do wonder.

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

Yes, in fact i do know someone. She is from Canada and came to the US 6yrs ago as a visitor, and only left when it was time to renew her passport or DL. Then she returned to the US. In fact she has now married the man she met here, then they decide to go back to Canada for a holiday, and when they tried to come back into the states she was denied. She called me all freaked out asking what to do. I told her i am no expert, i think you need a lawyer, most important, i did say not to try and sneak back in or she would probably be looking at a ban. If i am wrong someone please correct me.

Edited by garyandmarylou

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I don't know anyone.

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

How about these scenarios - what do you think?

Scenario 1

Say a Husband and Wife are pondering a move to the States, in fact had decided to move and were looking at their options, K visas, IR1 etc.. Then, the Husband gets offered a job in the U.S. tomorrow, the company wants to sponsor him for a TN visa and give him a 2 million dollar salary (ok I just threw that in for fun).

Because they had discussed their want to move to the States and had discussed possible immigrant visas, if he then turns around and accepts that job and they move to the U.S. - would that be fraud - assuming they decided to do an AOS later?

Scenario 2

2 Canadians are married, they move to the U.S. on a Nafta visa, have been living there for 7 years on this visa. Each year they have to cross the Canada/U.S. border and renew the visa.

Last year the wife discovered that she had a claim to derivative citizenship and promptly filed the N-600 and had her citizenship documented. Now we have added an American citizen to the mix.

This year they come up to Canada and cross the border as usual, renewing his TN visa and that of their child. She shows proof of her U.S. citizenship at the border.

They have now applied for AOS for the child and the Husband. Would you consider that to be fraud? Should they have left the home that they own, his job of 25 years (Canadian company which became a U.S. company) to come to Canada and file the I-130?

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Scenario 1

Say a Husband and Wife are pondering a move to the States, in fact had decided to move and were looking at their options, K visas, IR1 etc.. Then, the Husband gets offered a job in the U.S. tomorrow, the company wants to sponsor him for a TN visa and give him a 2 million dollar salary (ok I just threw that in for fun).

Because they had discussed their want to move to the States and had discussed possible immigrant visas, if he then turns around and accepts that job and they move to the U.S. - would that be fraud - assuming they decided to do an AOS later?

Scenario 2

2 Canadians are married, they move to the U.S. on a Nafta visa, have been living there for 7 years on this visa. Each year they have to cross the Canada/U.S. border and renew the visa.

Last year the wife discovered that she had a claim to derivative citizenship and promptly filed the N-600 and had her citizenship documented. Now we have added an American citizen to the mix.

This year they come up to Canada and cross the border as usual, renewing his TN visa and that of their child. She shows proof of her U.S. citizenship at the border.

They have now applied for AOS for the child and the Husband. Would you consider that to be fraud? Should they have left the home that they own, his job of 25 years (Canadian company which became a U.S. company) to come to Canada and file the I-130?

No and No. :D

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

i did read lots of stories but i havent known anyone personally

india.gifusa.gif

NVC:

03/14/2007-NVC ASSIGNS CASE NUMBER

03/29/2007-AOS FEE BILL AND DS-3032 GENERATED

03/29/2007-AOS FEE BILL FEES MAILED AND DS-3032 MAILED

04/03/2007-NVC ACKNOWLEDGES CHOICE OF AGENT

04/10/2007-I.V FEE BILL GENERATED

04/18/2007-I-864 GENERATED

04/20/2007-I.V. BILL RECEIVED & MAILED TO N.V.C

04/23/2007-I-864 SENT TO NVC

04/26/2007-I.V. FEE BILL & I-864 ENTERED INTO THE NVC SYSTEM

04/30/2007-NVC BARCODE & INSTRUCTIONS FOR DS-230

05/09/2007-DS-230 SENT

05/23/2007-CASE COMPLETED

VISA APPROVED .

05/XX/2007-FLIGHT To JFK POE

another step of I-751 coming near :)

p.s. My opinion is only what i read research and get advices from experienced people.I aint any

lawyer .

.png

Namastey !

Filed: Timeline

Scenario 1

Scenario 2

No and No. :D

No. It's reputed that only soothsayers have talent to portend the future.;) It get's sticky when individuals plan their immigration process, eliminating the step of securing an immigrant, or non-immigrant visa that permits adjustment within the USA, by way of entering on VWP or a tourist visa.

Edited by diadromous mermaid

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Who would be that Stupid? way to risky :wacko:

GREENCARD the 2nd :0)

Surrendered Residency in the USA November 2005, returned GC, 12/2005 moved back to Germany (how stupid can you be?????)

married February 2003

DCF TIMELINE FRANKFURT:

Filed I-130 in person May 14th 2007 in Frankfurt

Filed Form DS-230 Part I May 14th 2007 in Frankfurt

E-Maild Frankfurt how long???July 31. 2007

got a reply August 2nd 2007

I-130 approved since 05/23/2007???? where was my EMail or Letter?

Interview Appointment August 29th 2007

APPROVED!!!!!

Visa arrived in the mail (that was fast!!!!) August 30. 2007

Flying to Florida October 1st 2007, Nov. 28th Welcome letter arrived

beachmb3.jpg Visit My Website