alegra

I-751 Removal of Conditions, November 2023 Filers

115 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hello! Was everyone able to add their case to the online account associated with their email? We got access to the account and my husband received a code but it says that either the code or the date of birth is wrong, and they're both fine. So we cannot add the case to receive updates or online notices. Are we doing something wrong? 

5 minutes ago, MaceMk said:

Hello! Was everyone able to add their case to the online account associated with their email? We got access to the account and my husband received a code but it says that either the code or the date of birth is wrong, and they're both fine. So we cannot add the case to receive updates or online notices. Are we doing something wrong? 

Whose account you're trying to add I-751 to? If it's a US citizen's account (with approved I-130 petition in it) it probably won't work. The code to use also comes in USCIS physical mail, not email.

Edited by OldUser

Timeline
4 minutes ago, OldUser said:

Whose account you're trying to add I-751 to? If it's a US citizen's account (with approved I-130 petition in it) it probably won't work. The code to use also comes in USCIS physical mail, not email.

It's my husband's account and he's the one applying for removal of conditions. The code came in the mail at the same time as the extension notice and we can see his previous cases there from the AOS times but for some reason cannot add this case manually. 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a little late posting so I can't remember all my dates exactly, but:

Package delivered via USPS to Phoenix Lockbox - 1st Nov

NOA date - 8th Nov

Biometrics waive, online access code, and Extension letter arrived separately over the following two weeks

Service Center - Nebraska

I hope everyone has a smooth and speedy process (but the latter seems like wishful thinking)

Edited by Elise&Joe
Clarification

Timeline

Hi guys! Can you travel to a country like Mexico or Canada that doesn't require visa for third nationals (which normally would need visa for these countries) that are US permanent residents, while the actual green card is expired and you have just the notice from the I751 as a proof of status? Do immigration officials of these countries accept this notice as a proof that the person is a green card holder? What is your knowledge on this? I'd think since you're still considered a US resident it shouldn't matter but wondering if they actually need an unexpired card to show. Thank you!

11 minutes ago, MaceMk said:

Hi guys! Can you travel to a country like Mexico or Canada that doesn't require visa for third nationals (which normally would need visa for these countries) that are US permanent residents, while the actual green card is expired and you have just the notice from the I751 as a proof of status? Do immigration officials of these countries accept this notice as a proof that the person is a green card holder? What is your knowledge on this? I'd think since you're still considered a US resident it shouldn't matter but wondering if they actually need an unexpired card to show. Thank you!

You must carry expired both GC AND extension letter to travel anywhere and entering the US. 

I traveled to Canada on conditional GC and extension letter. Entered without visa, whereas if I only used passport alone, it would have required eTA.

I know somebody recently had issues entering South Korea with conditional GC and extension as they asked for unexpired GC instead.

Also read this thread, Mexico was discussed there multiple times:

Edited by OldUser

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 1/15/2024 at 9:44 PM, OldUser said:

You must carry expired both GC AND extension letter to travel anywhere and entering the US. 

I traveled to Canada on conditional GC and extension letter. Entered without visa, whereas if I only used passport alone, it would have required eTA.

I know somebody recently had issues entering South Korea with conditional GC and extension as they asked for unexpired GC instead.

Also read this thread, Mexico was discussed there multiple times:

I'm sorry I thought I replied but I see now it's not posted. We're not thinking about Mexico, that was just an example. Anyway, I've read about experiences about traveling with expired GC and a notice both with and without issues with various airlines, but that was from few years ago. Can't really see anything from recent years particularly last year so I can have a better understanding and know what to expect. If anyone has or read about any recent experiences in such case and share some links I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, MaceMk said:

I'm sorry I thought I replied but I see now it's not posted. We're not thinking about Mexico, that was just an example. Anyway, I've read about experiences about traveling with expired GC and a notice both with and without issues with various airlines, but that was from few years ago. Can't really see anything from recent years particularly last year so I can have a better understanding and know what to expect. If anyone has or read about any recent experiences in such case and share some links I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Nevermind this link you gave me contains recent experiences to other countries as well. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Hello! I just wanted to update on the issue with the typographic error of my husband's name on his I751 receipt and extension notice. He got infopass appointment yesterday and got the I551 stamp in his passport valid for one year. It took this whole time to actually correct it in their database and get the stamp. Just on time before the GC expires, although the officer said that name being wrong doesn't matter, they can still see his A number in the system. Now he has extension for only a year 🙂

Timeline

We also just received a mail from USCIS (that didn't show in informed delivery), it's another ADIT stamp on a form I-94... with his name wrong again🙃🤭Good thing he got the stamp in the passport yesterday 😌

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.