alegra

I-751 Removal of Conditions, November 2023 Filers

115 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, MaceMk said:

Thank you for your answer! So his account details for signing in and adding the case there would be in that letter that comes separately? And if it doesn't come for some reason, do you know if there's a way to find out the account number along with the code through Emma as well? 

He needs to create a USCIS account the regular way by clicking “Sign up”. Once he gets the online access code, there’s an option under “my account” to add a paper filed case:

IMG_1411.thumb.jpeg.98dabbaeb9a7fd2bd8d4baa2eeb89842.jpeg

https://www.uscis.gov/file-online/how-to-create-a-uscis-online-account

As @OldUser said, it can take a while to see the letter but if it takes too long , try getting an access code through Emma. You don’t need the account number for this. Just request to chat to an agent.

Edited by powerpuff

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
Just now, OldUser said:

It may take 4-6 weeks after filing to receive those. Add some delay because of holidays. Has it been 6 weeks already?

No. It's been hardly 2 weeks. I was just curious how it goes with getting notices online, but I get it that he needs to have a separate account.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, powerpuff said:

He needs to create a USCIS account the regular way by clicking “Sign up”. Once he gets the online access code, there’s an option under “my account” to add a paper filed case:

IMG_1411.thumb.jpeg.98dabbaeb9a7fd2bd8d4baa2eeb89842.jpeg

https://www.uscis.gov/file-online/how-to-create-a-uscis-online-account

As @OldUser said, it can take a while to see the letter but if it takes a while, try getting an access code through Emma. You don’t need the account number for this. Just request to chat to an agent.

Awesome! Thank you!

Some more updates:

11/30: delivered to Elgin lockbox 

12/4: got a text message with case #

12/5: checks cashed 

12/7: can see receipt notice/extension letter with the NOA1 of 11/30 and biometric reuse notice on the online account  

I have Nebraska Service Center. Will update when I will receive physical letters.

18 hours ago, MaceMk said:

No. It's been hardly 2 weeks. I was just curious how it goes with getting notices online, but I get it that he needs to have a separate account.

Hi! I think your questions about my post were replied to by other members. But as you mentioned before, if you already tried to add the IOE case to an existent account and the system indicated that the case was already added to another account, the best would be for your spouse to wait for the USCIS notice to gain access to this account that is already linked with the 751 case.

I am saying this because at this point, creating a new account under your spouse´s name will probably not work for the purpose of gaining access to this case specifically.

USCIS generally does that because, under an online account with USCIS, your spouse will be able to have access to sensitive information about his/her IOE case. Therefore, one can not just create a new account and simply add a pre-existent IOE case.

As mentioned by other members, if by any chance, you don't receive the notice by mail after waiting a reasonable time, some members reported that were able to confirm their identity through Emma and obtain the necessary information to access their online account.

Edited by marianabrasil

Timeline
19 minutes ago, marianabrasil said:

Hi! I think your questions about my post were replied to by other members. But as you mentioned before, if you already tried to add the IOE case to an existent account and the system indicated that the case was already added to another account, the best would be for your spouse to wait for the USCIS notice to gain access to this account that is already linked with the 751 case.

I am saying this because at this point, creating a new account under your spouse´s name will probably not work for the purpose of gaining access to this case specifically.

USCIS generally does that because, under an online account with USCIS, your spouse will be able to have access to sensitive information about his/her IOE case. Therefore, one can not just create a new account and simply add a pre-existent IOE case.

As mentioned by other members, if by any chance, you don't receive the notice by mail after waiting a reasonable time, some members reported that were able to confirm their identity through Emma and obtain the necessary information to access their online account.

Yes. Thank you! Will do that! Wait for the letter and then check it out.

Hi there! We had an update today - received on mail (NOA1) receipt notice with extension letter! 

Curiosities: receipt notice (NOA1) was physically posted with USPS 3 days after the biometrics reuse notice (NOA2), as they were also sent from different zipcodes. As a consequence, receipt notice was received 3 days after biometrics reuse notice. 

Here is our timeline so far:

• Package was delivered on 11/17/23 (USPS)
  • "We received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, and sent you a receipt notice" on 11/25/23
  • Received a confirmation text with my case number on 11/27/23
  • The check was cashed on 11/27/23
  • "Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS" on 11/28/23
  • (NOA1) receipt notice with extension letter available online on 11/28/23 
  • (NOA2) biometrics reuse notice available online on 11/28/23 
  • (NOA2) biometrics reuse notice received on mail 12/05/23
  • (NOA1) receipt notice with extension letter received on mail 12/08/23

Notices indicate we got Nebraska Service Center.

12/4: got a text message with case #

12/7: can see receipt notice/extension letter with the NOA1 of 11/30 and biometric reuse notice on the online account
12/11: received biometrics reuse letter in the mail 

Haven’t received the NOA1/extension letter. I’m hoping to see it soon.

Edited by powerpuff

Timeline

So we got the notice in the mail and the account access code but they have his first name wrong by 2 letters 🤦‍♀️😀 And I guess since it's an extension notice that is shown around for the next year or two for proof of status, it's better to be corrected sooner. Already submitted request with USCIS. So another 2-3 weeks of waiting. The letters came from Potomac service center btw.

Edited by MaceMk

13 minutes ago, MaceMk said:

So we got the notice in the mail and the account access code but they have his first name wrong by 2 letters 🤦‍♀️😀 And I guess since it's an extension notice that is shown around for the next year or two for proof of status, it's better to be corrected sooner. Already submitted request with USCIS. So another 2-3 weeks of waiting. The letters came from Potomac service center btw.

Was this USCIS mistake or the name was typed incorrectly on I-751 form?

Timeline
14 minutes ago, OldUser said:

Was this USCIS mistake or the name was typed incorrectly on I-751 form?

Wasn't typed it was handwritten, but we always submit papers like that and encountered no problems so far in the legibility, plus all the papers and copy of green card have his correct name so I'm not sure why wasn't everything checked beforehand if they had troubles reading the writing.

48 minutes ago, MaceMk said:

Wasn't typed it was handwritten, but we always submit papers like that and encountered no problems so far in the legibility, plus all the papers and copy of green card have his correct name so I'm not sure why wasn't everything checked beforehand if they had troubles reading the writing.

I'm almost certain USCIS use OCR (optical character recognition) software and nobody checks for these things manually, at least for producing extension letters. Computer might have recognized handwriting incorrectly. I'd stick to typing for future petitions to minimize errors by machines reading it.

Timeline
17 minutes ago, OldUser said:

I'm almost certain USCIS use OCR (optical character recognition) software and nobody checks for these things manually, at least for producing extension letters. Computer might have recognized handwriting incorrectly. I'd stick to typing for future petitions to minimize errors by machines reading it.

Probably. Anyway they should send a new one with the correct details this time. We're still within the 90 days so it's okay.

12/4: got a text message with case #

12/11: received biometrics reuse letter in the mail
12/13: received NOA1 extension letter in the mail 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.