NovaDC

November 2023 N-400 Filers

240 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
3 minutes ago, OldUser said:

I think so too, but what date do you put on the form? Maybe they'll go by that?

Ask him to delay by few days. Why take a risk?

I will have to go to this office tomorrow to review it before it is sent off. My PR date shows 2/26/19. This means I am eligible on 11/28/23 right?

5 minutes ago, Visitor User said:

I will have to go to this office tomorrow to review it before it is sent off. My PR date shows 2/26/19. This means I am eligible on 11/28/23 right?

Yes, if you met physical presence and continuous residence and other requirements, the earliest you can file is 11/28/2023.

I'd send the packet on 11/29/2023 and have all the forms have that date. This way your 10000% bullet proof. Maybe I'm overthinking this, but I don't want to keep a slightest possibility of it going wrong.

Timeline
25 minutes ago, OldUser said:

Yes, if you met physical presence and continuous residence and other requirements, the earliest you can file is 11/28/2023.

I'd send the packet on 11/29/2023 and have all the forms have that date. This way your 10000% bullet proof. Maybe I'm overthinking this, but I don't want to keep a slightest possibility of it going wrong.

Never left USA.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hey y'all!

I'm filing my N400 today, my window opened 2 days ago. My local USCIS office is Dallas, TX. I have a pending i751 that I heard nothing from since I filed it last year..

Anyone in Dallas here too?

AOS from K1

January 31, 2020:  Sent AOS application packet.

February 4, 2020: NOA date.

February 10, 2020: NOAs received.

February 19, 2020: Biometrics notice received.

February 25, 2020: Biometrics Appt.

August 18, 2020: EAD Approval notice.

August 27, 2020: EAD card received.

August 28, 2020: " Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview " 

September 21, 2020: SNN card received.

January 14, 2021: " Interview was scheduled "

January 22, 2021 : Interview letter received.

February 24, 2021 : Interview day.

February 24, 2021 : " New card is being produced "

February 25, 2021 : " Case was approved "

March 2, 2021 : Approval Letter received in the mail

March 3, 2021 : " Card was picked up by the USPS "

March 3, 2021 : " Notice was returned to the USCIS because the Post Office could not deliver it "

March 4, 2021 : Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2021 : " Card was delivered to me by the Post Office "

March 7, 2021 : " Duplicate Notice was mailed "

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
12 hours ago, Visitor User said:

Did anyone file on the day you were eligible on the Early Filing Calculator?

I did.

17 hours ago, Visitor User said:

My lawyer says it’s not a problem. He has been an attorney for decades so maybe he knows something we don’t?

So why do you even ask here if you truly believe what your lawyer says and will argue every answer we give you?

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Timeline
3 hours ago, Rocio0010 said:

I did.

So why do you even ask here if you truly believe what your lawyer says and will argue every answer we give you?

To work together as a team. Nothing wrong with that.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
3 hours ago, Visitor User said:

To work together as a team. Nothing wrong with that.

Right, but when you say that your attorney has been with immigration longer than us, it seems that you're more on the attorney team lol. 

Plot twist: we have seen attorneys make horrible mistakes here. Seems that their teams were not really good lol

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Rocio0010 said:

Right, but when you say that your attorney has been with immigration longer than us, it seems that you're more on the attorney team lol. 

Plot twist: we have seen attorneys make horrible mistakes here. Seems that their teams were not really good lol

I am sorry. I never said my attorney has been a lawyer longer than you all. I meant that he has lot of experience and has done thousands of these applications.

You all are great. I went to the office today to review what was being sent out to catch mistakes. He also emailed me the final copy of what was sent today. Lawyer’s staff does for work then lawyer reviews it. I am beyond satisfied so far.

Edited by Visitor User

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

My wife filled the form today, 11/22, online. I am following this list to receive any updates on your timelines. Please, keep them updated. I keep y'all posted (yes, I am in Houston, Texas :) ) on my progress as well.

Good luck to everyone!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, Visitor User said:

I am sorry. I never said my attorney has been a lawyer longer than you all. I meant that he has lot of experience and has done thousands of these applications.

You all are great. I went to the office today to review what was being sent out to catch mistakes. He also emailed me the final copy of what was sent today. Lawyer’s staff does for work then lawyer reviews it. I am beyond satisfied so far.

Out of curiosity, is there a particular reason you are going through an attorney? I know some cases can be very complex and may require a lawyer. For others, it's just peace of mind.

Personally, I have not used one for any of my interactions with USCIS. I always figured all the information is available on the USCIS website, and for anything else, there's this forum, Reddit, and Google. 😄

With lawyers, it's just like with any other profession. Most are good at their jobs, fewer are excellent, and some are not worth the ink on their business cards.

Generally, I agree with what others here have suggested. If it were me, I'd err on the side of caution and send it out a day after officially being eligible. What difference do a couple of days make in the grand scheme of things? Good luck with the process! We're all in the same boat.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

Date Filed: 2023-11-24 (early filing / 90 days before my 5th anniversary as a LPR)

NOA Date: 2023-11-24

Bio Appt: reuse

Current status: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

ETA 7 months. Fingers crossed!

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Dani & Pati said:

My wife filled the form today, 11/22, online. I am following this list to receive any updates on your timelines. Please, keep them updated. I keep y'all posted (yes, I am in Houston, Texas :) ) on my progress as well.

Good luck to everyone!

Good luck! Did she file online or by mail?

Timeline
1 minute ago, tonip said:

Hi Everyone,

Date Filed: 2023-11-24 (early filing / 90 days before my 5th anniversary as a LPR)

NOA Date: 2023-11-24

Bio Appt: reuse

Current status: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

ETA 7 months. Fingers crossed!

Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.