NovaDC

November 2023 N-400 Filers

263 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
19 hours ago, dimond said:

Thank you for your reply, Now I Am a little confused about understanding it. Did your biometrics reused or did you get the letter for a biometrics appointment? 

You said, "If you didn’t receive a notice that your biometrics will be reused, I assume they’ll schedule you for an appointment. That’s what happened to me."   Did you get your N-400 interview scheduled without a biometrics appointment? 

It's almost 20 days now since I submitted N-400 online but no letter i have received for biometrics. Worried I am :( 

No, I didn't have biometrics reused. I received notice exactly one month after I applied that I had been scheduled for a biometrics appointment.

So, based on my case, I don't think you have anything to be worried about. I'm sure you'll receive a biometrics notice soon.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline
16 hours ago, Visitor User said:

Same here. It shows in my informed delivery as well today. Awesome.

I will get to my mailbox later.

I have 2 USCIS accounts from 2 different websites from 2017. Would that work?

There is only one USCIS website, on the same USCIS account you can add multiple cases

AOS from K1

January 31, 2020:  Sent AOS application packet.

February 4, 2020: NOA date.

February 10, 2020: NOAs received.

February 19, 2020: Biometrics notice received.

February 25, 2020: Biometrics Appt.

August 18, 2020: EAD Approval notice.

August 27, 2020: EAD card received.

August 28, 2020: " Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview " 

September 21, 2020: SNN card received.

January 14, 2021: " Interview was scheduled "

January 22, 2021 : Interview letter received.

February 24, 2021 : Interview day.

February 24, 2021 : " New card is being produced "

February 25, 2021 : " Case was approved "

March 2, 2021 : Approval Letter received in the mail

March 3, 2021 : " Card was picked up by the USPS "

March 3, 2021 : " Notice was returned to the USCIS because the Post Office could not deliver it "

March 4, 2021 : Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2021 : " Card was delivered to me by the Post Office "

March 7, 2021 : " Duplicate Notice was mailed "

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Previously, I said I did not receive any letter. I decided to check the mailbox and there were two letters from USCIS. Form I-797, confirming that the form N-400 was received. And also I-797C, with the date of the biometric appointment. Just to share the update.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Dani & Pati said:

Previously, I said I did not receive any letter. I decided to check the mailbox and there were two letters from USCIS. Form I-797, confirming that the form N-400 was received. And also I-797C, with the date of the biometric appointment. Just to share the update.

That’s good news. Keep checking your mailbox. I got my interview letter exactly a month from my submission of the N-400.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
4 hours ago, whiterose123 said:

There is only one USCIS website, on the same USCIS account you can add multiple cases

The other was the DHS site. Pretty much same info.

Timeline
4 hours ago, Germerican said:

No, I didn't have biometrics reused. I received notice exactly one month after I applied that I had been scheduled for a biometrics appointment.

So, based on my case, I don't think you have anything to be worried about. I'm sure you'll receive a biometrics notice soon.

Why do some have it re-used and some don’t?

On 12/14/2023 at 8:08 AM, Germerican said:

Thanks for the quick reply. 

On 12/13/2023 at 1:35 PM, Dani & Pati said:

dimond,

My wife submitted the form N-400 on Nov 28th.

On Dec 3rd, she received the message for the "Biometrics Appointment Was Scheduled". Not by email neither by mail. It was a message in the USCIS website.

The date of the appointment is Dec 20th.

My suggestion is not wait for any letter, but to check in USCIS website as well.

Hello Friend :)

Finally today my case status has been updated to "case is being actively reviewed by USCIS", and they also have reused my Biometrics as notice been uploaded to my profile. 

Now happy and hopefully receiving interview date notification soon :)

On 12/14/2023 at 8:08 AM, Germerican said:

Finally today my case status has been updated to "case is being actively reviewed by USCIS", and they also have reused my Biometrics as notice been uploaded to my profile. 

Timeline

My lawyer mailed my application on 11/28/23. This was the first day I qualified under the 90 day early filing rule. 

NOA: 12/1/23, We received your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, and sent you a receipt notice.

12/6/23: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS.

I use the Case Tracker app and website. I also use Lawfully app for more details like timeline compared to others.

Also, should I be following this thread or the December 2023 thread? 

Estimated time* until case decision: 

approx. 7 months

*These completion projections are based on case processing for applicants who have been lawful permanent residents for at least 5 years. For all other applicants, completion projections may vary.
Is anyone filing here not based on marriage and 5 years?
What response should I getting next and when?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 12/15/2023 at 2:31 PM, dimond said:

On 12/15/2023 at 2:31 PM, dimond said:

Hey Dimond,

did your estimated timeline decrease once they re-used your biometrics?

same boat. I applied yesterday so nothing yet and I’m wondering if it’s because I applied online on a weekend? Guess I can only wait and see. 

Edited by BunyanP

Timeline

Had my biometrics appointment today. In and out in under 15 minutes. Great experience!

On 12/18/2023 at 3:30 PM, Visitor User said:

How come USCIS decides to re use biometric and some you have to re do it?

Not sure about everyone else, but I came on an IR-1 via DCF. At the time of my interview in Frankfurt, the USCIS office there had already permanently closed, so the State Department did my biometrics and I haven't had any done since then. I would assume that has something to do with it. I expected that I would have to go get biometrics done at an ASC, so all good on my end.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Germerican said:

Had my biometrics appointment today. In and out in under 15 minutes. Great experience!

Not sure about everyone else, but I came on an IR-1 via DCF. At the time of my interview in Frankfurt, the USCIS office there had already permanently closed, so the State Department did my biometrics and I haven't had any done since then. I would assume that has something to do with it. I expected that I would have to go get biometrics done at an ASC, so all good on my end.

You had to do re do biometric with finger print and picture? 

I did my Biometric in November 2017 for AOS.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Visitor User said:

You had to do re do biometric with finger print and picture? 

I did my Biometric in November 2017 for AOS.

Yup. Fingerprinting and picture.

My visa interview was in April of 2020. I was previously in the country on a K-1 > CPR > PR. We moved to Europe in 2011, gave back my GC in 2016, and then moved back to the U.S. in 2020.

The last time I did biometrics at an ASC before today must have been back in 2007 when I got my 10-year GC.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Germerican said:

Yup. Fingerprinting and picture.

My visa interview was in April of 2020. I was previously in the country on a K-1 > CPR > PR. We moved to Europe in 2011, gave back my GC in 2016, and then moved back to the U.S. in 2020.

The last time I did biometrics at an ASC before today must have been back in 2007 when I got my 10-year GC.

I never left USA. Maybe, that’s why it’s reused.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.