shakurmaria1974

Son US Passport on hold [merged threads]

25 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

US Passport Center hold my son's US Passport application due to the birth certificate document that I submitted was recorded more than one year after the birth occurred. Now they are asking for Early public records issued at or near the time of my son birth which show your name and mother's name, such as hospital, religion, and medical. My son was born in Nigeria

Edited by TBoneTX

20 minutes ago, shakurmaria1974 said:

US Passport Center hold my son's US Passport application due to the birth certificate document that I submitted was recorded more than one year after the birth occurred. Now they are asking for Early public records issued at or near the time of my son birth which show your name and mother's name, such as hospital, religion, and medical. My son was born in Nigeria

I'm confused.  How is it that you're seeking US citizenship for him?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

How old is he? 

Why was it registered late?

When did you come to US? 

Which visa did you come with to US?

When did you marry? 

Are you married to his mom?

When did you naturalize?

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Timeline
23 minutes ago, shakurmaria1974 said:

Yes I am seeking for US Citizen for him, But on his birth certificate. His initial birth certificate got lost, So I had to get a new birth certificate which was dated years after my son birth. So now they are asking for Public record of his birth, which am kind of confused what they are looking for. If I should get an affidavit from the court.

Timeline

Yes I am seeking for US Citizen for him, But on his birth certificate. His initial birth certificate got lost, So I had to get a new birth certificate which was dated years after my son birth. So now they are asking for Public record of his birth, which am kind of confused what they are looking for. If I should get an affidavit from the court.

Timeline

Aaaaa that doesn't make sense. If it was lost, you get a replacement which has the same info as the first. 

And when you got that replacement and you noticed the error, you should have fixed it. Why did you send it to DoS with such an error?

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

18 minutes ago, shakurmaria1974 said:

That makes NO sense.  A birth certificate that is reissued will not have a different DOB.

Timeline
33 minutes ago, shakurmaria1974 said:

a new birth certificate which was dated years after my son birth. 

1 hour ago, shakurmaria1974 said:

was recorded more than one year after the birth occurred. 

Which is which? A year OR years?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to CRBA, from IR1/CR1 P&P - the Op is asking about passports for a child born abroad.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

It is not about the date of birth on the certificate. It's about when the birth certificate was registered a year later after the birth of my son. There was no error on the birth certificate, what happened is the date of birth was correct, but the date we collected the birth certificate was years later. So they want a public record of the birth.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I had the same problem for my son. It's very frustrating. I sent the public records but they also rejected it.

The letter the passport office sent you indicates that a DNA test is also acceptable. 

I ended up doing the DNA but costed me around $395 dollars. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Timona said:

Aaaaa that doesn't make sense. If it was lost, you get a replacement which has the same info as the first. 

And when you got that replacement and you noticed the error, you should have fixed it. Why did you send it to DoS with such an error?

No you missing the point. The child was born in Nigeria. Unfortunately in Africa, most of have have our birth certificates weeks/months after birth and record keeping is next to zero. I went through the same process when I applied a passport for my son and I ended up doing DNA test

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Free Man said:

No you missing the point. The child was born in Nigeria. Unfortunately in Africa, most of have have our birth certificates weeks/months after birth and record keeping is next to zero. I went through the same process when I applied a passport for my son and I ended up doing DNA test

I'm from Kenya. 

In this modern age, there's absolutely no way a birth would be recorded 1 year or years later. 

An hour or 2 (for those countries that time is listed on BC), I see that happening. But years as was said by OP? Definitely a NO.

Even for 1 day mishaps, I don't see that happening. Convince me please, that you didn't note that your kid was born on a certain date. That even the mother doesn't know?

Even births at villages are recorded by midwives and they go to hospitals same day or chief's to get it official. At birth there's: midwife, the parents, relatives and few friends. There's no way one of them won't remember the actual day the kid was born. Additionally, it's the midwives (in the villages) responsibility. So, as you can see, even in worst areas (villages), the date is recorded. 

Sure OP's kid was born in a better environment eg hospital, clinic etc.

P.S: I think for births in some areas pre-1970 (not sure of exact year), USCIS/ DoS acknowledges that records may be obscured. But post 2000????NO

Timeline

And a DNA test has nothing to do with record keeping. Yours and his are different. Yours was to determine legitimacy, hence DNA. This happens anywhere of you or anyone suspects kid is not theirs.

Unfortunately, OP here has a completely wrong year on a BC. That's what's mind-boggling. 

Timeline
8 hours ago, Timona said:

And a DNA test has nothing to do with record keeping. Yours and his are different. Yours was to determine legitimacy, hence DNA. This happens anywhere of you or anyone suspects kid is not theirs.

Unfortunately, OP here has a completely wrong year on a BC. That's what's mind-boggling. 

Am telling you the letter from the passport office includes DNA option. The issue is they don't understand why a birth was not registered after 1yr of birth so they doubting if the child is your child. 

Am sure he child is under 18 so OP is trying to get citizenship for the child through her.

In the birth certificate I provided for my so, there is a column which read when was birth registered and the date was more than 1yr after birth and that was the issue

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.