mw & rg k1

October 2023 - AOS Filers

448 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, SaraClaire11 said:

I appreciate the suggestions! I just doubled checked my saved copy of our application and we selected "yes" and answered all the sections. Do you think I should just randomly upload evidence without them reaching out or sending and RFE? Would a most recent paystub be enough?

"Unsolicited" evidence is good .... (and supported through the site)
"Non-applicable" evidence might hurt as much as help  .....
Find something that is aligned with the original application and I would consider that ...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

UPDATE:

I never uploaded any additional documents but just now I received an update through the tracking app I use on my phone:

'I-485 AOS Interview Was Scheduled'

They are sending us a notice in the mail with information about the interview. I am not sure if this is good or bad, I see many approved GC without interviews. Has anyone here attended an AOS interview?

Our I-765 EAD still states 'Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken' I thought for sure we would have movement on this before AOS.

On 4/11/2024 at 7:25 AM, SaraClaire11 said:

UPDATE:

I never uploaded any additional documents but just now I received an update through the tracking app I use on my phone:

They are sending us a notice in the mail with information about the interview. I am not sure if this is good or bad, I see many approved GC without interviews. Has anyone here attended an AOS interview?

Our I-765 EAD still states 'Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken' I thought for sure we would have movement on this before AOS.

Yes, I attended AOS interview. Before the pandemic, everybody was required to go through interview to get GC.

Right now this can happen for multiple reasons: either your case is weaker, or you were randomly selected. It's just like security at an airport, sometimes you have to go through additional scanning.

Good luck, make sure to prepare for the interview well, know your case, know your spouse and practice answering questions with the spouse. 

It's rather a good sign that your case is moving.

Timeline
10 hours ago, OldUser said:

Yes, I attended AOS interview. Before the pandemic, everybody was required to go through interview to get GC.

Right now this can happen for multiple reasons: either your case is weaker, or you were randomly selected. It's just like security at an airport, sometimes you have to go through additional scanning.

Good luck, make sure to prepare for the interview well, know your case, know your spouse and practice answering questions with the spouse. 

It's rather a good sign that your case is moving.

Thank you! I appreciate your feedback! Since I received the update I have been digging up as much information as possible as far as what to expect, what to bring and what questions to be prepared for. I am anxious to get the notice and have a date. Hopefully everything will go smooth for us and he will be approved!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 4/11/2024 at 7:25 AM, SaraClaire11 said:

UPDATE:

If you have a myuscis login and case registered, you should be able to see the notice they will be mailing you under documents tab.

Check there .... if not, then hope your notice shows in the mail soon.

Timeline
On 4/17/2024 at 9:59 PM, mw & rg k1 said:

If you have a myuscis login and case registered, you should be able to see the notice they will be mailing you under documents tab.

Check there .... if not, then hope your notice shows in the mail soon.

We received our I-797C NOA in the mail today!

Our AOS interview is scheduled in Rhode Island on May 30th so that gives us plenty of time to prepare and get all the necessary documents together. Hopefully we won't even need half of what they are asking we bring but I am brining as much evidence as possible so there are no hang ups and everything goes as smooth as possible.

WISH US LUCK!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
17 hours ago, SaraClaire11 said:

Our AOS interview is scheduled in Rhode Island on May 30th so that gives us plenty of time to prepare and get all the necessary documents together. Hopefully we won't even need half of what they are asking we bring but I am brining as much evidence as possible so there are no hang ups and everything goes as smooth as possible.

WISH US LUCK!

Congrats! Do you mind sharing the list of what they are asking you to bring? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Just checked the USCIS website. My wife has been scheduled for an interview. However, no document was showing, so we will wait until its entered into the system so we can see when it will be.

What do folks suggest taking to the interview? I wonder what triggers an interview....

Timeline
On 4/23/2024 at 10:25 AM, smashtic said:

Congrats! Do you mind sharing the list of what they are asking you to bring? 

YOU MUST BRING THE FOLLOWING ITEMS WITH YOU: (Please use as a checklist to prepare for your interview)

• This Interview Notice and your Government issued photo identification.

• If required, a completed Form-1693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record, and/or vaccination supplement in a sealed envelope (unless already submitted). Please see the Form I-693 Instructions for guidance on whether you need a complete medical examination, an updated vaccine supplement only, or neither.

• If required, a completed Form I-864, Affidavit(s) of Support, with all required evidence (unless already submitted). Please see the Form I-864 Instructions for guidance on whether you need a Form I-864. Required evidence for each of your sponsors includes, but is not limited to, the following:

• Federal Income Tax returns and W-2's, or certified IRS printouts, for the most recent tax year;

• Letters from each current employer, verifying current rate of pay and average weekly hours, and pay stubs for the past 2 months;

• Evidence of your sponsor's and/or co-sponsor's United States Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Resident status.

• All documentation establishing your eligibility for Lawful Permanent Resident status. This includes, but is not limited to, proof of status as an asylee, refugee, or a fiancé(e) nonimmigrant.

• Any immigration-related documentation ever issued to you, including any Form I-766, Employment Authorization Document (EAD); Form I-512, Authorization for Advance Parole; and Form I-571, Refugee Travel Document.

• All travel documents used to enter the United States, including Passports; Form I-512, Authorization for Advance Parole; Form I-571 Refugee Travel Document; and Form I-94, Arrival/Departure Record. : Kyou For 1-45 is fased on a perion fied by a family membe, your petitioner's Biti Cerfeate and you petitioner's cvitene of Unte States Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Resident Status.

• If you have children, bring a Birth Certificate for each of them.

• If your eligibility is based on your marriage, in addition to your spouse coming to the interview with you, bring:

• A certified copy of your Marriage Document issued by the appropriate civil authority;

• Your spouse's Birth Certificate;

• Your spouse's evidence of United States Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Resident status;

• If either you or your spouse were ever married before, all divorce decrees/death certificates for each prior marriage;

• Birth Certificates for all children of this marriage, and custody papers for your children and for your spouse's children not living with you;

• Supporting evidence of your relationship, such as copies of any documentation regarding joint assets or liabilities you and your spouse may have together. This may include: tax returns, bank statements, insurance documents (car, life, health), property documents (car, house, etc.), rental agreements, utility bills, credit cards, contracts, leases, photos, correspondence and/or any other documents you feel may substantiate your relationship.

• The originals and copies of each supporting document that you submitted with your application. Otherwise, we may keep your originals for our records.

• If you have ever been arrested, bring the related Police Report and the original or certified Final Court Disposition for each arrest, even if the charges have been dismissed or expunged. If no court record is available, bring a letter from the court with jurisdiction.

Timeline
14 hours ago, ThailandR said:

Just checked the USCIS website. My wife has been scheduled for an interview. However, no document was showing, so we will wait until its entered into the system so we can see when it will be.

What do folks suggest taking to the interview? I wonder what triggers an interview....

See the list above that's what was listed in our notice, pretty sure it's standard for everyone being interviewed.

I am also curious what prompts an interview and why others are just approved. I never received and RFE I was really thorough with all our forms and applications. I am also curious why my husband never received his EAD

I wonder if they will base it more on the validity of our relationship or how much money I make. I was also thinking that maybe some states require the interview and others don't based on immigration volumes. 

On 4/26/2024 at 1:36 PM, SaraClaire11 said:

See the list above that's what was listed in our notice, pretty sure it's standard for everyone being interviewed.

I am also curious what prompts an interview and why others are just approved. I never received and RFE I was really thorough with all our forms and applications. I am also curious why my husband never received his EAD

I wonder if they will base it more on the validity of our relationship or how much money I make. I was also thinking that maybe some states require the interview and others don't based on immigration volumes. 

I don't believe it's state dependent.

Think of the airport analogy.

Majority of people go through scanner and don't stop. Some get stopped at security for further checks because they have water in the cabin bag. Others get randomly selected for inspection.

It's the same at USCIS. Either something in your case is sticking out (background, circumstances in which you applied, evidence, prior history) or you got randomly selected.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
On 4/22/2024 at 2:08 PM, SaraClaire11 said:

WISH US LUCK!

@SaraClaire11  wishing you the best. Still waiting on the I-797C ourselves. Nothing has been uploaded under the Documents tab with USCIS.  I am gathering as much info as I can fir my wife's interview.

Timeline
9 hours ago, ThailandR said:

@SaraClaire11  wishing you the best. Still waiting on the I-797C ourselves. Nothing has been uploaded under the Documents tab with USCIS.  I am gathering as much info as I can fir my wife's interview.

Thank you so much! Please keep me posted on your interview as well! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.