happyscrub

Is there too many mistakes that they will make them deny instead of sending an RFE to fix them?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Madagascar
Timeline

I think I'm going to get an RFE. I did my own packet before I found this site. I learned a lot of stuff on here that I didn't see in other parts of the internet. I didn't copy all pages of my passport. I see that I should have from reading here (but I don't remember seeing anything about that in the instructions the government supplied). I also only did a computer print out of my fiancee passport photo. I saw other people got RFE'd and were asked to supply a glossy photo. Finally, I'm unsure about my birth certificate, I might get an RFE for not copying the back, even though nothing is really on the back. If I do get one, hopefully it will not extend my application for than a month.

*** Moved from K1 Progress Reports to K1 Process & Procedures ***

20 minutes ago, happyscrub said:

I didn't copy all pages of my passport.

No need to submit a copy of all pages of your US passport.  Only need a copy of your passport bio page, plus any page that has passport stamps evidencing visits to your beneficiary's country or vacations taken together.

Also, if you submitted a copy of your unexpired US passport bio page, there was no need to submit a copy of your US birth certificate too.  Only one proof of US citizenship is required.

You might be reading some outdated guide page or forum thread.  Always refer to the official USCIS form page for the definitive instructions.

Timeline

I don't think I copied by bio page. I just copied the stamp. It's a stamp with a barcode with my full name computer printed out on it. I thought that was enough.

23 minutes ago, happyscrub said:

I don't think I copied by bio page. I just copied the stamp. It's a stamp with a barcode with my full name computer printed out on it. I thought that was enough.

Not a problem if you also submitted a copy of your US birth certificate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
1 hour ago, happyscrub said:

didn't copy all pages of my passport.

Not needed IME and the experiences of others. There was a time it was required more often than not.

I also only did a computer print out of my fiancee passport photo. I saw other people got RFE'd and were asked to supply a glossy photo

Yeah that could RFE. Easy fix: copy / paste photo 6 times into a new image 2x3 grid, upload to your drug store account, and order a 4x6 print for pickup. Then make 3 cuts to get 6 photos, and send the best one to USCIS as unsolicited evidence to the address on your I-129F receipt.

Finally, I'm unsure about my birth certificate, I might get an RFE for not copying the back, even though nothing is really on the back.

I expect no RFE for this 

4 hours ago, happyscrub said:

I think I'm going to get an RFE. I did my own packet before I found this site. I learned a lot of stuff on here that I didn't see in other parts of the internet. I didn't copy all pages of my passport. I see that I should have from reading here (but I don't remember seeing anything about that in the instructions the government supplied). I also only did a computer print out of my fiancee passport photo. I saw other people got RFE'd and were asked to supply a glossy photo. Finally, I'm unsure about my birth certificate, I might get an RFE for not copying the back, even though nothing is really on the back. If I do get one, hopefully it will not extend my application for than a month.

I think you're overthinking things.  I agree with Mike, likely an RFE for the 2x2 photo, but not an out and out denial.

Timeline

Anyone can point me to anywhere on how to send unsolicited evidence? I assume I'll need a new address to the California place and not to send it to Texas again.

7 hours ago, happyscrub said:

Anyone can point me to anywhere on how to send unsolicited evidence? I assume I'll need a new address to the California place and not to send it to Texas again.

I sent unsolicited evidence to the California Service Center’s Laguna Niguel address.   Make sure you enclose a copy of your receipt notice for reference, in the hopes that it finds its way to the petition (ours did, no problem).  We also wrote a short but very clear cover letter explaining what we were sending.

• 3 months later...
Timeline

I just wanted to update this and say that I sent unsolicited evidence and got an approval without ever getting an RFE 😁

Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.