CaprilovesAries

Ceac account status help

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello everyone, 

I hope you are all doing well I have a question and I hope for some clarity. My fiancé is from Morocco and we are at the nvc part. I have sent them inquires asking for an invoice number and case number and they did provide one without a welcome letter (still waiting for the welcome letter). When I tried to sign in and create a ceac account with the information they provided me the website stated this "K visas are nonimmigrant visas that assist spouses or future spouses of American citizens in entering the United States. As with all nonimmigrant visa applicants, a DS-160 must be filled out in order for a consular section to process the case". Does anyone know what this means? If I submit the ds160 will an interview date be available? I am so unclear as to what to do next.

K1 applicants do not create accounts on CEAC and do not need invoice numbers. You do not do anything at NVC except wait for your case to be shipped to the consulate.

8 minutes ago, CaprilovesAries said:

If I submit the ds160 will an interview date be available?

No. Consulates request cases by batches when they have availability, it has nothing to do with DS-160.

Timeline
30 minutes ago, powerpuff said:

K1 applicants do not create accounts on CEAC and do not need invoice numbers. You do not do anything at NVC except wait for your case to be shipped to the consulate.

No. Consulates request cases by batches when they have availability, it has nothing to do with DS-160.

30 minutes ago, powerpuff said:

Okay thank you for clearing that up. I created a ustraveldocs account and filled the ds160 out already just waiting to pay the fee at this point. When I check my status it says at NVC still but its been there for about 2 months.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
39 minutes ago, CaprilovesAries said:

Okay thank you for clearing that up. I created a ustraveldocs account and filled the ds160 out already just waiting to pay the fee at this point. When I check my status it says at NVC still but its been there for about 2 months.

u need confirmation page for the ds 160

when NVC  sends case to casa,  u will schedule the interview online

Embassy should send a check list of needed documents and instructions for getting them translated to English

meanwhile complete an I 134 and get your latest IRS tax transcripts  and send to Moroccan

I believe Casa still collects the fee (others will chime if ,  if wrong)

Moroccan needs 2 police reports  

a "fiche anthropomtrique" at the local police office.

and

des casiers judiciaires 

Timeline
52 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

u need confirmation page for the ds 160

when NVC  sends case to casa,  u will schedule the interview online

Embassy should send a check list of needed documents and instructions for getting them translated to English

meanwhile complete an I 134 and get your latest IRS tax transcripts  and send to Moroccan

I believe Casa still collects the fee (others will chime if ,  if wrong)

Moroccan needs 2 police reports  

a "fiche anthropomtrique" at the local police office.

and

des casiers judiciaires 

he said he has not heard of the "fiche anthropomtrique" and from the nvc to interview how long do you think till we get an interview? we are expecting a child together in late December and he really wants to be here to see the birth. We are trying not to stress but its a bit disheartening to see people with later NOA2 dates scheduling visa interviews before us 

Timeline

You'll need to wait until your status is "Ready". Once you have this status, it means the consulate has received your petition. The Casablanca consulate sends out interview dates by email, but many people have decent luck emailing the consulate themselves to directly ask for an interview date. The email that they are currently responding to is K1Casablanca@state.gov.

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

Timeline
14 hours ago, CaprilovesAries said:

he said he has not heard of the "fiche anthropomtrique" and from the nvc to interview how long do you think till we get an interview? we are expecting a child together in late December and he really wants to be here to see the birth. We are trying not to stress but its a bit disheartening to see people with later NOA2 dates scheduling visa interviews before us 

he may have never heard of it, but it is needed (in Arabic and the English translation)

if he is missing any of the documents for the interview ,   he will receive a 221 g -means he needs to send them to the embassy and is in AP (refused while the embassy waits for documents)    AP delays are lengthy 

The following tells about the "fiche "

https://www.wikiprocedure.com/index.php/Morocco_-_Obtain_Police_Clearance_Certificate_(Criminal_Record)#:~:text=You can get a certificate at a Moroccan embassy or,de la Mamounia in Rabat.

Timeline
4 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

he may have never heard of it, but it is needed (in Arabic and the English translation)

if he is missing any of the documents for the interview ,   he will receive a 221 g -means he needs to send them to the embassy and is in AP (refused while the embassy waits for documents)    AP delays are lengthy 

The following tells about the "fiche "

https://www.wikiprocedure.com/index.php/Morocco_-_Obtain_Police_Clearance_Certificate_(Criminal_Record)#:~:text=You can get a certificate at a Moroccan embassy or,de la Mamounia in Rabat.

we want to thank you so much! while we are at the nvc part how long do you think we will have to wait for a visa interview? we got our NOA2 July 1,2023.

Timeline
1 hour ago, CaprilovesAries said:

we want to thank you so much! while we are at the nvc part how long do you think we will have to wait for a visa interview? we got our NOA2 July 1,2023.

there is no way to tell but if i were u ,  i would hit the word portal above to go to Moroc site and read some timelines of those K1 that are either interviewed or been scheduled

and get your supporting documents together 

best to send the I 134 and IRS transcripts plus proof of US residency ASAP and be ready

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 9/22/2023 at 10:41 PM, RJandHamid said:

You'll need to wait until your status is "Ready". Once you have this status, it means the consulate has received your petition. The Casablanca consulate sends out interview dates by email, but many people have decent luck emailing the consulate themselves to directly ask for an interview date. The email that they are currently responding to is K1Casablanca@state.gov.

Hi I dont mean to bother you but I got in contact with the embassy call center and they stated they will speed up our visa due to our circumstances, do you have any idea or estimate when they will send us a interview date or if we will hear something this month?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.