Jump to content


  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

1 Follower

Profile Information

  • City
  • State

Immigration Info

  • Immigration Status
    K-1 Visa
  • Place benefits filed at
    California Service Center
  • Local Office
    Orlando FL
  • Country

Immigration Timeline & Photos

Yareth's Achievements

Recent Profile Visitors

400 profile views
  1. Check out nvc.state.gov/timeframes for an indication of when they're going to touch your case. When the date received is earlier than the date they're currently working on, you can send an inquiry. (I mean, you can send an inquiry before that, but it probably won't produce any meaningful results)
  2. Well that's the point, assuming she is in Ukrain and a Ukrainian citizen..there is no need for translation. If the situation is different, then there is some need for translation, but we don't know that as you haven't shared that information. As to which documents, that really depends on the embassy's Packet 3 information, which is a little harder to find. Maybe another member of the forum has been through the process in Kyiv can help you out with that. And you're welcome.
  3. Assuming your fiancée is interviewing in Kyiv, she would need to translate any document that's not in English or Ukrainian. In general, embassies accept official documents in English or the native language of the country they're in. Edit: She would get instructions on this as soon as the application has arrived at the embassy (also called 'Packet 3').
  4. You most probably got a 221(g) paper at the end of your interview. This paper should explain exactly what is expected of you, including where to send the requested information.
  5. I really don't think you have to worry too much about dresscode. I'm sure looking well-organized won't hurt you, but remember that you are talking with representatives from a country where 'athleisure' is a fashion statement and people go shopping in the most random clothes. Edit: Also, GOOD LUCK! I'm sure you'll ace it!
  6. Boiler's advice is (as always) the way to go. My general advice: Don't panic. Breathe. Read. Learn. You've got enough time. But to answer your listed q's in detail: 1) Neither points matter. Just get married as soon as you are able. 2) Being a US citizen is all that matters after being naturalized. File to adjust status right after getting married(see guide). 3) The grace period does not apply when adjusting status. Make sure you file before the end of this month because as soon as you file for adjustment she can stay until your case is handled. 4) K1 does not apply to you. Adjustment Of Status is what you need. 5) Yes, from the moment you receive your confirmation of documents being received.
  7. You're basically asking two questions: 1) can my fiancé's (the petitioner's) parents be Joint Sponsors? The answer to that is yes. 2) can my fiancé live with me while the petition is processing? The answer to that is it depends, but generally no. Your fiancé needs to prove that she (and you) are planning to live in the United States (aka establish domicile) after the visa gets approved. She can come over for a few months (for the period allowed for a USC to stay in North Macedonia as a nonimmigrant). After that she'll have to return to the US. I know that there's more to it, but I am not sure. Other, more experienced forum members are sure to chip in.
  8. For the I-129F stage (so the petition), you only have to show proof of (physically) having met in the last two years. For proof of ongoing relationship (which is important during the embassy stage, but for which you can send in proof with your I-129f if you'd like), an engagement announcement could be helpful, as does the receipt of your engagement ring and airbnb/hotel bookings. Remember that all evidence is not created equal. Some types of evidence are seen as stronger evidence than others(a lease with both names on it is stronger than a hotel booking). Also, a combination of evidence is helpful (e.g. a variety of pictures, receipts, bookings, boarding passes, etc). However, don't go overboard on the amount of evidence.
  9. Hi there! We need more information. Do you mean the 'letter of intent to marry' when you say 'reaffirmation letter'? Where in the process are you? Please fill in your timeline (as we then have a good overview of where you are in the process) and provide a complete copy of the letter you received that mentions the 'update reaffirmation letter' (please remove personal information before you do so). Then we can help you.
  10. Embassies are aware of the cultural practices of the country they are in. At the interview stage, they could indeed ask for evidence of your engagement ceremony. However, it is not a requirement to have done such a thing (many people here from a wide variety of countries have not). As it is common practice (I assume) in the beneficiary's country, it can build confidence that your engagement is not fraudulent. At the petition stage (i-129f), such a thing is not necessary or asked for. The petitioner only has to prove the two of you physically met in the last two years.
  11. In the Netherlands you can do both (your own gp or a travel clinic). You can also get your jabs from the medical examiner that the US embassy sends you to. Though the first two options are (usually) cheaper.
  12. You're very welcome :). Ensure that you gather all the documents they ask for and bring them (in a well-organized manner, as explaine in the letter) with you to the interview. I found that taking the time to ensure I understand what is said in the letters and emails really helps me calm down and be prepared for what's to come. The language can be very confusing at first, but usually makes sense after a few re-reads. This seems to be especially important in your case, as there are a few details that you need to make sure you get right (for example, the remark about a Ghanaian birth certificate).
  13. Okay, so, the letter very clearly states what you need to do at the top of the Interview Preparation checklist: "On the day of the interview bring the documents listed below for each visa applicant." They want you to gather all the listed documents and take them with you to the interview. There is no need to send anything to the embassy. Now, be aware that the "Letter of intent to marry" is listed as "bring it if not already sent with the original I-129f". So, only if you haven't sent it with your petition. To be on the safe side, you could bring new ones with you, just in case. Also note that they need to be signed ('wet signature'), so the USC needs to send an original to you via snail mail which they signed with a pen. Good luck!
  14. It's very dependent on your embassy and how busy they are.
  • Create New...