KKOS

I-751 Removal of Conditions, October 2023 Filers

88 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
38 minutes ago, YuyuNYC said:

Hi all,

We filed on 10/13. Received two I-797C notices on 10/19 with case number begins with #IOE.

(1)USCIS account access notice
(2)USCIS notice for receiving the application and that they can reuse our fingerprints from previous record.

However the check hasn't been cashed yet as of today. Does anyone have any ideas on how soon we will receive the green card extension notice?

UPDATE***
I just checked on my USCIS account, it shows that the green card extension notice was also sent on the same date as the other two notices. But we didn't received it yet.

Thank you!

I am applying my ROC next month and while I’m looking through our financial statements none of the credit card statements are showing my husband’s name even if he is an authorized user in my credit card. Or vice versa (my name isn’t showing on his). Note that this is for credit card not checking account. Our checking acct bank statement has both our names. My question is, is it okay to scan our credit cards showing we have the same card number but each of us have a physical card to our name? Would that be ideal to do? Thank you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
18 minutes ago, kmr5 said:

My question is, is it okay to scan our credit cards showing we have the same card number but each of us have a physical card to our name?

That is exactly what I did.  There were no issues.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

No notices yet! We filed 10/13 and received the text 10/18. Been monitoring informed delivery like a hawk but nothing yet :(

Immigration Timeline:

K1 Filed: May 15th, 2019

K1 NOA1 Received: May 20th, 2019

K1 NOA2 Received: August 23rd, 2019

NVC Received: September 12th, 2019

Embassy Received: September 19th, 2019

K1 Interview in Bangladesh Embassy: October 28th: APPROVED!!

Visa On Hand: November 14th, 2019

POE Seattle, WA: November 23rd, 2019

MARRIED! (L) December 7th, 2019

Applied for SSN: December 17th, 2019

AOS Sent: January 11th, 2020

AOS Delivered: January 14th, 2020

SSN Manual Verification Complete: January 17th, 2020

Text Notifications of AOS Received: January 20th, 2020

SSN Received: January 22nd, 2020

AOS NOA1 Hardcopies: January 24th, 2020

Biometrics Notice: January 25th, 2020

Biometrics Appointment: February 4th, 2020

Case is Ready to be Scheduled for Interview: March 11th, 2020

EAD Expedite Request: May 26th, 2020

EAD Expedite Documents Submission: June 1st, 2020

EAD Expedite Denied: June 2nd, 2020

EAD and AP Approved Normally 🥳 🎉: June 10th, 2020

EAD and AP Received: June 22nd, 2020

Hi All,

Planning to send our package this week, almost done compiling all the documentation. Have a couple questions though:

1.  Where do we find the USCIS online account number ? Form I-751 has (section-9)  asking for it but I cannot find the online account number. Can anyone point to it or can we just leave that section blank.

2. I saw there is an option for credit card payment for the fees with another form, G-1450. Has anyone did that way or adding the check along with the forms the best way to do it ?

3.  Lastly, for the Bona fide affidavit letter from 2 people, Does it have to be notarized or just the self-signature from the respective parties writing the letter sufficient?

Thanks in advance and good luck to everyone filing this month!!

24 minutes ago, RishDan said:

2. I saw there is an option for credit card payment for the fees with another form, G-1450. Has anyone did that way or adding the check along with the forms the best way to do it ?

Best to pay with check. If you search VJ, you'll see sometimes bank flags this transaction as fradulent.

24 minutes ago, RishDan said:

Best to pay with check. If you search VJ, you'll see sometimes bank flags this transaction as fradulent.

58 minutes ago, RishDan said:

3.  Lastly, for the Bona fide affidavit letter from 2 people, Does it have to be notarized or just the self-signature from the respective parties writing the letter sufficient?

Thanks in advance and good luck to everyone filing this month!!

My lawyer told me to have them signed by those people and attach copies of their state ID / DL. To say it was ackward to ask is to say nothing. But friends were very keen on providing it, and my I-751 got approved.

Notarizing it may be easier / safer than asking for their IDs.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 10/6/2023 at 2:29 PM, kpbru said:

Shipped out our I-751 for spousal removal of conditions via UPS on October 1st.

Received notification from UPS that the package was delivered a day early, on October 3rd.

Received text message confirming case received with the IOE# on October 5th.

Check showed as cashed today, October 6th.

The case showed up automatically in Petitioner's USCIS account. We used the A# on the application and that was apparently enough to make the connection. No copy of the notice of receipt listed. However, it said one was mailed October 3rd.

It took more than 2 weeks to receive our notice in the mail. It was posted online in spouse's USCIS account within a few days. We have yet to hear back about a biometrics appointment.

I'm a little concerned that we got the National Benefits Center instead of a service center. We sent a very detailed packet, so I don't what we could have possibly missed.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Sent off our package today. Paid for the 1 day delivery and should be received by tomorrow at 6pm. Hoping to get our text by Tuesday at the latest 😊

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
12 minutes ago, kpbru said:

National Benefits Center instead of a service center.

It's the Missouri Service Center.  Sadly, there are no published processing times.  Our case, also, was rock-solid.  

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

It's the Missouri Service Center.  Sadly, there are no published processing times.  Our case, also, was rock-solid.  

It seems I might be out of the loop but is a case getting sent to the NBC not a good sign? Just legitimately curious

2 hours ago, kpbru said:

It took more than 2 weeks to receive our notice in the mail. It was posted online in spouse's USCIS account within a few days. We have yet to hear back about a biometrics appointment.

I'm a little concerned that we got the National Benefits Center instead of a service center. We sent a very detailed packet, so I don't what we could have possibly missed.

Were you interviewed for your I-485?

Albeit having an interview for AOS does not automatically mean your ROC interview will be waived.

Immigration Timeline:

1 hour ago, ashley_ann said:

It seems I might be out of the loop but is a case getting sent to the NBC not a good sign? Just legitimately curious

Some people have found that cases going to the NBC means you are more likely to get an interview for ROC, which may mean longer processing times. I have not seen the statistics myself so cannot vouch for them, just speculating based off some anecdotal posts I’ve seen on VJ.

For what it’s worth, my husband’s AOS went to NBC and we had to go in for an interview. Wait time at Seattle FO was 2 years.

Immigration Timeline:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.