Daphne .

I-130 approved, flying to US to start AOS?

48 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

i wonder if the "so called  lawyers "  are retired ones

the way the system use to work was we applied and the interview was held in a US office to allow the person to stay or be sent home

i could not find a date when that all changed/ its not even in the History of Immigration

At one time there was a numerical limit on all visas per country

May 1924: The Immigration Act of 1924 limits the number of immigrants allowed into the United States yearly through nationality quotas

this ended in 1965 under President Johnson

Interesting read

https://www.history.com/topics/immigration/immigration-united-states-timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
23 hours ago, Daphne . said:

That’s what I did, but if 3 immigration lawyers told her that this is how it’s done, I completely understand that she is going to have her husband do it. I am just so confused, she added the screenshot and everything!

I have seen the same thing in one of the Swedish groups I'm a member of on Facebook. They got married, filed the i-130 and then afterwards moved to the US and AOS'ed here, all on the advice of lawyers. They were also honest with CBP and that wasn't an issue, they were let in just fine. No idea how that happens, but it does. 

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Scandi said:

I have seen the same thing in one of the Swedish groups I'm a member of on Facebook. They got married, filed the i-130 and then afterwards moved to the US and AOS'ed here, all on the advice of lawyers. They were also honest with CBP and that wasn't an issue, they were let in just fine. No idea how that happens, but it does. 

I have seen Military waived through, not Joe Public. Facebook who knows what happened. I could define honest several ways.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.