27 posts in this topic

Hi, 

I am new here. I just got engaged to my fiancé from Pakistan. We have meet 4 times in the last 2 years. I have visa stamps, pictures, hotel receipts. We were going to file a K1 but now I am very nervous. I know the Pakistan embassy is difficult. I am an American citizen. I am a female, 37 years old. He is 29 years old so also a little nervous about the age. We also have the idea of meeting again this fall in Pakistan and getting married and going through the CR1 process. I am just wondering which visa would have a better success. I know they are both very long processes. Any help to calm my mind would be so appreciative. Thank you in advance! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

CR1

Are you also Pakistani, is this an arranged marriage?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

It is certainly doable but not easy. CR1 well probably IR1, you need to make sure you present a strong case.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

For reference read this member’s story as I believe it might be similar to your situation.  

https://www.visajourney.com/profile/267897-ahmedfreda/

Be aware, Pakistan K1s average about 500-600 days

Pakistan Spousal visas average about 1000 days.

If the K1 is refused you will have to marry and start over with spousal visa process. 

Edited by Redro

Timeline

K1 has many disadvantages so Marriage is the better route.

5 minutes ago, Kristy14 said:

Ok so you’d recommend the CR1 over K1? I know it won’t be easy and I have a lot of evidence. I am just super nervous about it all. 

you might need  MORE THAN A LOT of evidence not just the regular A LOT  amount…. 

Timeline

It can be done.

16 minutes ago, Kristy14 said:

Yes I know a lot of evidence. It almost seems like it will not be enough. Ugh. 

It can be done... you might just be facing an uphill battle. 

4 visits in 2 years is great! So, you are ahead of the curve. I would get married on the next visit and not go with K1... 

It will be a long journey but at the end of it your partner will enter on an IR1 visa as opposed to K1- so no AOS and ROC. 

Prepare for the worst and hopefully your partner will have no issues at his interview because you will overwhelm them with great evidence of your love.

As you know this will take a long time... maybe just forget the visa is processing and continue to visit and enjoy your time together in his country and if you can afford to travel together to other countries do that.... 

Have you met his family and have your family met him? 

K1 can be problematic when it comes to Pakistan. I’ve seen numerous threads where it’s been an issue, you can search the forums. I strongly recommend spousal visa. It will be a long wait though.

Here is a thread of support for people waiting for interview after DQ.

Also, the waiting after interview... some in this thread have mentioned waiting 4 months after interview... 

Thank you everyone for the information. I know it will be a long process but we are going to try! CR1 is the better idea.  I have met his family and he has met mine over video and whatsapp. It’s impossible to get him to the US on a tourist visa 😐

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.