VideoDunderr

Confused about supporting documents about I-864ez.

11 posts in this topic

My wife is a US citizen and sponsoring for CR-1 visa. We are at NVC stage in our CR-1 application and We qualify for I-864ez on my wife's income alone (upwards of 100k).

1) For 2022, we filed taxes jointly, so does she need to upload Tax transcript and W2 or does she also need to upload 1040 and 1099?

2) Does she need to upload status of US citizenship (birth certificate or Passport copy)? If yes, does she need to upload it in additional support docs with i-864ez or in civil docs with DS-260?

3) Does she need to upload her final divorce decree from her previous marriage? If yes, does she need to upload it in additional support docs with i-864ez or in civil docs with DS-260?

1. many people reported that even though u are qualify for i-864ez, still best to just use i-864 instead. i actually just filed using i-864 for a friend instead of i-864ez

2. just tax transcript 2022 + her W2 

3. i did submitted the US birth certificate still on additional support doc on i-864 just to cover all base

4. i did and submitted it on DS-260 doc

Divorce decree needs to be uploaded in in the applicant/beneficiary field. Go for the county clerk’s office certified copy with that nice, fat red stamp. Mine was settled out of court and e-filed before the Covid and I couldn’t do zilch with it, even when notarized.  You’ll obtain it in the county clerk office, it took me a day and 3 bucks,  midst Covid and bastille called NYC. Just make an appt.

Edited by Cerasus

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

If your wife is a W2 employee, and can answer all three questions at the top of the EZ version yes, then it is safe to use.  For the rest, be sure to keep strait who is who.  She is the petitioner.  You are the visa applicant.  Most "documents" are for you.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

15 hours ago, Cerasus said:

Divorce decree needs to be uploaded in in the applicant/beneficiary field. Go for the county clerk’s office certified copy with that nice, fat red stamp. Mine was settled out of court and e-filed before the Covid and I couldn’t do zilch with it, even when notarized.  You’ll obtain it in the county clerk office, it took me a day and 3 bucks,  midst Covid and bastille called NYC. Just make an appt.

it's the petitioner who was previously married. Do we still need to upload petitioner's divorce decree?

15 hours ago, pushbrk said:

If your wife is a W2 employee, and can answer all three questions at the top of the EZ version yes, then it is safe to use.  For the rest, be sure to keep strait who is who.  She is the petitioner.  You are the visa applicant.  Most "documents" are for you.

Yes, I am aware of that. Nowhere does it say that we need to upload petitioner's previous marriage divorce decree or petitioner's US status docs for I-864ez but I came across some comments saying that they uploaded those docs anyway. I was wondering if I should upload them anyway.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
2 hours ago, VideoDunderr said:

Yes, I am aware of that. Nowhere does it say that we need to upload petitioner's previous marriage divorce decree or petitioner's US status docs for I-864ez but I came across some comments saying that they uploaded those docs anyway. I was wondering if I should upload them anyway.

Won't hurt but not necessary.  Petitioner's status was adjudicated at USCIS as part of the petition approval process.  Trust instructions more than "comments".

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, VideoDunderr said:

it's the petitioner who was previously married. Do we still need to upload petitioner's divorce decree?

Yes you need to upload the petitioner's divorce paperwork to NVC.  Also your spouse will need to take that original (or original certified) divorce paperwork with them to the Interview.  Or your spouse will get a 221g for it.

Edited by Troy B
clarify where the paperwork is uploaded to

5 hours ago, VideoDunderr said:

Nowhere does it say that we need to upload petitioner's previous marriage divorce decree or petitioner's US status docs for I-864ez but I came across some comments saying that they uploaded those docs anyway. I was wondering if I should upload them anyway.

Upload a scan of the petitioner's divorce decree.  It's listed under "Petitioner Documents" on the NVC website's general checklist of civil documents for upload -- https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-5-collect-financial-evidence-and-other-supporting-documents/step-7-collect-civil-documents.html

17 hours ago, Chancy said:

Upload a scan of the petitioner's divorce decree.  It's listed under "Petitioner Documents" on the NVC website's general checklist of civil documents for upload -- https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-5-collect-financial-evidence-and-other-supporting-documents/step-7-collect-civil-documents.html

you are right. I don't know how I missed it. thanks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.